View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010   #1244
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Soooo, been a while since I posted in this thread, the car ran great finally and is a blast to drive. However, it is now sitting in the garage for the next 6 months or so.

I had a choice, either borrow a bit more money to pay off my credit card or incur the finance charges of it. The whole CMC thing set me back more than I had intended.

So now I am in the hole more for the motor build than I owe on the car and the more I think about it the sadder I get.

Here is something that is going through my mind right now. Sell the car...I am very much thinking about selling the car right now, it is a total blast to drive and its at a great spot right now, but this much debt blows. I really really want to simplify my fun car, this one just makes me nervous now as if it breaks I just have no money to fix it...sure I could just drive the honda until I can fix it but honestly I almost worry about beating on it.

So anyway, here is what I am thinking...sell the car, pay off the motor build and the rest of the car and I should have like 12k left and find an Evo 8 RS or maybe 9 RS. I wouldn't be in a hurry at all to buy one so I could take my time. Then I wouldn't have much of a car payment if any and could mod accordingly. I would love to get around 400-420whp on DB's dyno and call it a day...if I got a 9 RS I think a stock turbo E85 setup would be awesome and all I would want too. I just really really miss not having to worry about checking every little thing before I drive it.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

Last edited by Murlo26; 11-19-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote