View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #16
EclipseGST

Checkers Champion! Crash Test Danny Champion! Get A Grip Champion!
Drives: Short Bus
Send a message via AIM to EclipseGST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseGST
Re: SERIOUS PROBLEM at Jake Vogel's shop

To start with...

Does any one know if all the gears sets, shift forks, bearings, are identical in a 1g trans and 2g trans? Mark said he took a Stage whatever 1g trans and put it in Cameron's 2g case... The reason I ask is I have Cameron's 5th gear sitting on a shelf from when I pulled the transmission apart the first time and it has a significantly larger hub, synchro's and slider along with the larger shift fork.

Now the difference in shift forks piviots the smaller shift fork towards the outside of the transmission, causing the shift rail to twist when the shift fork is lined up with the gear set.

Here are a few pictures...

As you can see, when the shift rail is straight, the shift fork inside the trans is why off. Also the difference in size between a stock 5th gear shift fork and whatever the other one is, I'm curious if the shift forks between 1g and 2g are different. So if he would have used a 1g shift rail, it probably would have worked?

There is no way in hell this thing could have shifted on the bench, I dont care what anyone says... You can obviously see the difference, if you put a pin in that shift fork when its rotated to line up with the gear set, the rail turns quite a ways to where the shift linkages wont even touch it.

You guys can say whatever you want about me... I know I didnt touch this trans. It sat in the same spot until I went to put it in. This is the main reason why I told him I did not want to rebuild the trans so he went to mark, I did not want the liability. Then this shit happens and of course its my fault. I should have just rebuilt the trans to begin with and at least make it worth everyone blaming me.

As far as the 4 spider goes, I dont know what happened there. There is some engraving on the outside of the center diff housing that looks as if it could have been machined? Maybe a mix up? All I know is this trans has never been apart since mark put it together.

If you are going to judge me, judge me for who I am today, not yesterday or last year, or even 10 years ago... Look at me today and judge me! I was only here to do the trans swap. I pulled the trans, he had it built, I put it back in. Thats all there is to it. The problem her is between Cameron and Mark...

And Cameron made a good point, if I honestly went through it, why wouldnt I put it back together to make it work so he wouldnt know I took shit out of it?? Why would I put the trans in, start to hook up the shift linkages only to find out there is no 5th/rev, kind of a waste of time. His car has been sitting in my shop for 6 weeks. I would like it gone, not sitting there taking up space even longer.
EclipseGST is offline   Reply With Quote