View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010   #5
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6
Re: Bad or No Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g63tcrazy View Post
Agreed. Take the safc out since that is no longer needed and it will eliminate a potential problem. Does anything change if you unplug the MAF? I'm not sure if the summit MAF's are anything like a 2g maf so that could be an issue also.
This is what I was thinking. I haven't tried unplugging the MAS yet. Online, people say that is was their MAS that was fouled. Once they replaced it, the CEL went off but it's idling pretty bad so I may even venture a guess that it may be my FIAV going bad on me. I have a 3G(501) mas I can get...so I might as well try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badinblack View Post
did you add any sensors to the ecu to log with link. might have messed with the signal to the safc from maf or from safc to ecu. I would check that.
I didn't add any sensors to the ecu to log with. I zero'd out everything in DSMLink, time, fuel, the major stuff. Before DSMLink, I had the old-school Technomotive chip in there w/ the safc and it'd still have a hard time keeping idle and during a drive, if I threw the car into neutral, it wouldn't idle and it'd die if I didn't give it some gas. Before Link, it'd idle alright when it was warm but now with Link, the car won't Idle at all unless I give it some gas. I'm sure it may be the MAS because of the code. I'm currently wondering if it might be my FIAV...I won't block the whole FIAV but just parts of it. I'm thinking about deleting or just checking if my vacuum lines are cracked from the TB-to-where ever they go. Definitely something that intrigues me because I'm learning a bunch from you guys and online!

Thanks!