Thread: Teh Dizzevo
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010   #228
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Teh Dizzevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Teh Dizzevo got invaded by the brownman today for Auto-x purposes.

car is awesome, a little less awesome now but not thanks to me.

I had a blast with this car today, i took it real easy at first since I was getting used to the course and just wanted to absorb all of the advice, last 3 runs was all me.

The car did awesome, it felt so solid but not uncomfortable. I have never pushed a car like that and it felt great.
I must say there was a few times where I was scared, yes scared that the car was too much, I couldn't look at the gauges until a long slalom where I didn't even hit 7k in second.
If you think you have too much power you need to apply some it using turning the wheels style.

Thanks again it was awesome experience.
Aaron, I'm extremely happy that you had fun, not only in my car but driving in an autocross. The car is well suited for spirited driving and I think it's performance in autocross is proof of that. It doesn't make crazy power but has enough to have fun with, and enough traction to be able to turn the wheel with confidence. The car is very neutral, but the rear will step out at lower speeds if you step on the gas.

As for what happened to the car, in the middle of our morning runs people were shouting my name while I was spraying water on the intercooler and tires on the WRX. I look over and a small group of people were around my car on the other side of grid where it was parked for Aaron, made me think it was on fire or something so I drop the sprayer and run over there. Everyone was on the passenger side so I walk around from behind the car and see this.

A mother and son who are regular autocrossers were sharing her Mini, and he moved it from his grid spot to hers as they were in different classes. He had just got done running so didn't want to use the e-brake, as he always does, so he turned off the car and put it in gear. Either he didn't get it in gear or it popped out of gear and it slowly rolled down the ever so gentle incline in the parking lot and hit my car. It couldn't have hit any more square in the door than it did. She got in touch with her insurance almost immediately so hopefully it can be taken care of this week or even in 2 weeks while I'm in Lincoln, NE for the SCCA solo nationals.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote