View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010   #7
latof

Drives: Stock 95 GSX
Re: Really low oil pressure

I was going by the oil pressure gauge, and I know the connection is good so it wasn't that. But I solved the problem in under 4 hours. All I had to do was take off the front bumper cover, front mount, radiator, and alternator. Then I removed the threaded phillips bolt from the block, then i just used a drill bit just under .223" in diameter at 2.3" long and tapped it in the bearing hole, using the back end of the bit to go into the oil hole. Then I put the threaded bolt back in, and put everything back together, and now everything is running smooth. But i would suggest using an actual dowel at a little over 2.4" just to be safe, I know im safe with what I used, but just to be safer, i would go with a little longer. The phillips bolt was kind of stripped, but I was able to get the phillips bolt out by using a ratcheting phillips screw driver that when you hit it with a hammer, it ratchets at the same time (that tool saved me a lot of time but i wish i knew what the actual name for it is called :/)

Last edited by latof; 07-18-2010 at 10:14 AM..
latof is offline   Reply With Quote