View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010   #17
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian
Re: 1998 2.5rs for sale

Also, here's a thread I created on an RS board a while ago asking if I should buy the car initially. They didn't seem to think $4600 for the car was a bad deal at all lol. In fact they would have been pretty angry if I hadn't bought it haha.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f106/t979...into-game.html

I've since then thrown in a new clutch, wrx brake upgrade, thick rear sway bar, and a magnaflow cat back all totaling roughly $1000ish. A warrantied motor will run ya $1000, and installation is a breeze with these motors. So if you like numbers, take the $2500 purchase price plus $1000 for a motor and you've got the same car I bought for $4600, but with a few tasteful mods and for $1100 less than what I spent. I should hopefully have another motor lined up for it in the next week or so, so if nobody wants it by then, I think I'll just keep it for another year and be happy

edit:
I bought a jdm ej25d (aka jdm stock motor) today so I'll no longer be selling my rs. Instead, I plan on pickin up a set of new perrin endlinks to go with my adjustable rsw and new shifter bushings. Hopefully I make it to at least one autox event this summer, if not then snowcross ftw.

Last edited by HiImBrian; 06-19-2010 at 10:30 AM..
HiImBrian is offline   Reply With Quote