View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010   #1
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Wanted: Someone with transmission experience

This is mainly directed at BlackroseNova, and TKR, and anyone else who could help out. What I have is two junk trannies, and one decent one. I want to make one, maybe two (if there is enough good parts to go around) working transmissions. Here is a description of said transmissions.

Transmission #1:
3rd and 4th gear exploded a couple years back on a 3-4 shift, was a lot of grinding and nasty sounds. Unsure of condition.

Transmission #2
Picked this one up in supposedly good working condition w/ a welded center diff, installed it only to find out the rear wheels wouldn't move. Only put about 150 total miles on it before removal.

Transmission #3
Galant VR-4 Tranny (taller 1st gear). Got this one with a 2nd gear grind, filled it with synchromesh hoping it would cure it, it didn't. Tranny just got taken out of the car.

Here is what I am thinking: Take a good 2nd gear synchro out of #1, put it in #3. Mark (tkr) mentioned that he thought #2 might just have a bad viscous. I was thinking if the viscous was still good in #1, take it out and put it in #2. Then hopefully I can have two working transmissions. Either that, or I could have one bone stock one, and one with a welded center diff and the taller 1st gear, I'm not sure how hard all that would be.

So, what I'm looking for is someone who can come over and do this for me, while I help. I also have access to my brother's work (diesel shop) on most weekends.

Or, I could bring them to someone if they have the right tools and I get a little time to make arrangements to line up a truck to haul this stuff.

I don't have a whole lot of money, but I am willing to reimburse you for gas money, and I can pay with alcohol also!

Just ask 95tsi about how I pay.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote