View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009   #9
scheides
flips McGee

Re: Speed Density on Evo ECU

Goodbye MAF

Spent a few hours converting over my ROM and trying out a few iterations based on some stuff I had seen posted online. Initial impressions: WOW! The car is so smooth. Idle is ROCK solid (albeit a bit high, gotta work on that, 1300rpm), and any stuttering/bucking I had while on the freeway before is GONE. The car is SO smooth now its amazing.

A few notes:
-It took a few iterations to get the car to start/idle correctly. It wanted to idle in the 11's and load was way high. I got one that would work ok, made a few trips around the block, and all seemed decent.
-initially I set my WGDC all to zero. No boost! I'd hit about 9-10psi and confirmed seeing AFR in the 10's under 'boost' before trying anything more. No alky on or anything yet. Baby steps.
-Made a few more iterations to the SD maps this AM on my way into work. Tried a bunch, with mixed results. Ended up going back to almost exactly what I had the night before:

-turned up boost to about 19, just keep it simple. AFR in the 10's and high 9's (I used my old afr map from my tuned rom @ DB Performance) and while it is SMOOTH as silk this new rom has lean spool completely disabled, and i don't think my previous one did (my bad).
-Got all the way to work and got CEL for fuel trims. Oops, forgot to log those, even though I had been watching AFR all the way. low/mid are -12/-12, so now I need to try and figure out what to do to fix that.
-lastly, the car wants to buck if I leave from a stop w/o revving it up to ~2000rpm. It would do this before, but I'd give it more gas and away I'd go. Now, it looks like it is leaning out as rpms drop to ~500 and then I need to feather them back to life. Not sure what's causing this, but I'm sure my messed up fuel trims have something to do with it.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote