View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009   #184
Beyond-Redline

Drives: Eclipse, Civic, Sentra, SRT-4, etc...
Re: SMIM Showdown! Lets figure this out once and for all!

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim and I am the sales/marketing representative from Beyond Redline Performance in Green Bay.

First and foremost I'd like to thank Greg and this community for including us in this testing process. We would like nothing more than for our product to be in an equal and unbiased test such as this. However as many of you have eluded to, the flow bench is only half the story.

Greg has already made mention of this, but we would like to host an intake manifold shoot out here at our dyno facility in the near future. We have an AWD Dynojet dynamo meter with dual eddy current brakes that was installed within the last 12 months. As some of you may or may not know Dynojet is the only dyno manufacturer who's testing results CANNOT be modified by changing certain variables. In other company's products roller weight and diameter can be altered by the owner/operator to skew resulting data. The only changes that can be made on a Dynojet product are reporting standards, eg: SAE, STD, STP, etc.

In order to be completely impartial and fair to the rest of the companies involved we would like a member to donate their vehicle for testing purposes. Ideally it would be in the 400-500 whp range, and have good reliable tuning capabilities such as AEM EMS or DSM/ECM Link. Also, we would like to invite anyone interested to attend the testing and witness any and all tuning changes that are made. We could also use some additional man power because changing intake manifolds can be time consuming and difficult.

If we can make everything work out, we would like to get this done sooner than later as we tend to get very busy the closer we get to the warmer months. Again, thanks for including us in this, and I look forward to further contributing to this forum and getting to know its members.

I can be reached vie email at: tim@beyondredline.com with any questions or reply here to this thread as I am keeping tabs on it.

Tim
Beyond Redline Performance
Beyond-Redline is offline   Reply With Quote