View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008   #7
iroc_g

Drives: 97 GSX, 95 TSI, 04 Celica TRD
Re: SMIM Showdown! Lets figure this out once and for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bleeder!! View Post
I haven't seen this before! There is deffinatly some great information here.

This does not show what I want to test for though. The main goal of my tests are to determine which manifold(s) are made to get evenly distributed air flow.

For example. We had a customers supercharged car that continuley was burning up exhaust valves in the #2 cylinder. After the second failure, we decided to flow the intake manifold to see if there were any issues. two of the runners were off my 10%. This means that if these two cylinders were running at a happy afr, the two that had the extra 10% airflow were lean, because they were getting the same fuel that the others were.

I have talked to quite a few people about intake testing in the past week. For some reason, all anybody wants to do is dyno them. Yes, this shows their potential for power, but not the whole picture. Im not going to put a part on my car that could easily cause damage for an extra few ponies. I was actually bothered to find out that many of these intake companies have NEVER had their manifolds flow tested. Scary, huh?
iroc_g is offline   Reply With Quote