View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008   #148
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 24th, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt_gendron View Post
Hey Matt,

I do treat it a little like running a business. You have to unless you don't care at all about breaking even. The All Mitsu Cookout is the biggest Mitsu event in the country that isn't run by a business. Thats no accident.

The Cookout also wouldn't be as big as it is if I didn't care about the numbers. For me its all about building a bigger and better Mitsu enthusiast community. Having a smaller event tells me the community is getting smaller. Whether that is true or not, who knows.

Bottom line is, I want the All Mitsu Cookout to grow. And what happened on Sunday set us back three years. Who wouldn't be frustrated at that?

later,
Curt
Has there ever been any thought of having it at any other time of the year, or at a different, dare I say more attractive, place in the Twin Cities? Yes, the majority of the cars there are from the local area, but what would it take to compel people to come from out of state or more than an hour or two away? Heck, I still meet Mitsubishi owners on occasion who have never even heard of the Cookout.

We all would love to see the Cookout grow, I don't think anyone would deny that, but getting frustrated over losing a few cars from one year to the next in the Mitsubishi enthusiast community, which is flaky at best to begin with, is really no different than crying over spilled milk. Chalk up your losses and move on to next year and do your damnedest to make it even bigger and better.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote