View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008   #143
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 24th, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt_gendron View Post
Based on how things went this year, I doubt I'll make it a full weekend event next year. We were 32 cars less this year. (134 total Mitsus) I'm very disappointed in the car numbers, and the fact that I barely broke even this year. And to top all of that off, there were more cars in the lot that didn't bother to register.

I'll also make this promise. If next year's numbers are not above the 160 from 2007, the 2009 Cookout will be the last one.
Why does it seem you are shooting for specific numbers, or even making such a big deal out of how many cars show up? You're not running a business, there should be no reason to expect increasing numbers year to year. The more the merrier, obviously, but is it that much of a deal breaker if you lose a few cars from one year to the next? There are ways to cut costs.

Barely breaking even is all a part of the deal... You win some, you lose some. If I had a dime for every time an event I helped run barely broke even, or didn't break even at all, I'd have a lot of dimes.

It's hard to tell if you're venting frustration or just taking this whole thing far too serious. Lighten up, take the good with the bad. You run a great event and have done so for as long as I've known you. No reason to be discouraged over such trivial details.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote