View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007   #50
scheides
flips McGee

Re: Harmonic Tensioner Pulley BROKE OFF!

Got the car back last night. Dave at Golden Valley Sinclair worked on my car, I talked to him for quite a bit through the week and for about an hour last night when I picked up the car. I feel very confident in his abilities as a mechanic--it's not a Ferrari or anything (though it may be as fast as one?)! He pulled off the timing cover, pushed in the tensioner with the proper tool, and then yanked the pulley off and replaced it with a brand new one. Reset the timing and the reassembled. Not a full timing belt job but half way there at least. In the end I probably could have done it myself, but if anyone knows what happened at work the day before this happened, you would not want to deal with it either!

Here's some pics of the pulley, if you look closely you will see how the sheared off bolts got tweaked and goobered up the outside edge of a lot of the holes. The guide pin is gone as well, obviously left violently.

more pics here: http://www.scheides.com/gallery/evotimingpulley

I'll be doing a compression check and tossing it on the dyno here soon, I'm sure everything is dandy, the car runs like a top!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote