View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007   #597
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!
Re: Whatsup From Slowboy??!!!

Back orders do happen. Some vendors have eroneous lead times as well. That is understandable. If the vendor calls back and tells the company that they are back ordered after the company places the order, the responsibility then falls on the company selling the product (in this case SBR) to contact the customer and explain it to them. If they do not want to wait, then you refund their money. Plain and simple.

If there is no communication to the customer that there is a longer lead time, then it is your fault for not following up on the order. If you communicate it to them in a timely manner and they are still pissed, then it is their problem. Get them their money back and then if anyone flames you for it just tell them how it happened. Shit happens, but it's how you deal with it that makes all the difference.

And just so you know, this was not meant as a flame. Just explaining how the process SHOULD work. If that's how it goes there, fine. If not, changes need to be made to increase your return customer base.

As far as all the customers that are saying good things right now, you have been mainly dealing with them face to face. It's good that you are getting good service, but that also has to happen with online orders and phone orders. You can put enormous pressure on someone if you deal with them face to face, more so than on the phone. Balls get dropped from time to time, but make sure that it's followed up on to keep the customer happy.

As far as the BBB, I guess being that there are unresolved issues that are posted as "no response from company" can make many people very leary of doing business. If there are attempts to show what happened or at least communication on the issues to try to resolve them, that's one thing. But no response from the company on a complaint filed with the BBB seems to me like it's "just not worth the bother or hassle." And if that's the attitude with something like that, does it carry over to orders that have problems or orders that could potentially make you lose money? That's the main concerns of the consumers. They want to be treated as a good customer and not just another number on paper.

Just some things to think about. Not trying to get into a pissing match, just laying it out in a different format so maybe another perspective is seen.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote