MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning/Electrical (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Cigarette Lighter Receptacle Not Working (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31958)

1G_DSM 08-19-2012 06:20 PM

Cigarette Lighter Receptacle Not Working

What can cause a cigarette lighter receptacle to not work?

Mine isn't working. I don't smoke but I use it to recharge my smart phone when I'm driving. It's nice to have working especially if I'm using my GPS on my phone to drive a long distance. It's really annoying now that its not working.

One day it popped out of the socket and I had to remove the trim piece so that I could secure the darn thing back down. After that it doesn't work anymore. It only has two wire fitting connected to it.

What could have gone wrong? I tried messing with it again today for like 30 minutes with no progress.

I drive a '94 Eagle Talon. I hate these annoying little problems. It bugs the crap out of me especially since my HTC EVO 4g phone uses a lot of power.

dsmghost 08-19-2012 07:31 PM

Re: Cigarette Lighter Receptacle Not Working

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1G_DSM (Post 412227)
What can cause a cigarette lighter receptacle to not work?

Mine isn't working. I don't smoke but I use it to recharge my smart phone when I'm driving. It's nice to have working especially if I'm using my GPS on my phone to drive a long distance. It's really annoying now that its not working.

One day it popped out of the socket and I had to remove the trim piece so that I could secure the darn thing back down. After that it doesn't work anymore. It only has two wire fitting connected to it.

What could have gone wrong? I tried messing with it again today for like 30 minutes with no progress.

I drive a '94 Eagle Talon. I hate these annoying little problems. It bugs the crap out of me especially since my HTC EVO 4g phone uses a lot of power.

The socket itself is likely bad since it happened after it popped out. You can verify that by checking power and ground to the lighter socket. Or just swap in a new/different lighter socket. You might be able to fix the bad one.

1G_DSM 08-19-2012 08:30 PM

I don't have the means to check if the socket is bad or not. Does anyone have a working one that I can buy/borrow? If it works then mine is definately bad.

niterydr 08-20-2012 01:19 PM

Have you checked fuses?

1G_DSM 08-20-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niterydr (Post 412296)
Have you checked fuses?

Which fuse should I check? All the little light bulbs around the lighter receptacle work so I didn't bother to check because I figured they worked off the same fuse. I could be wrong though. I never had a cigarette lighter receptacle go out on me before so this is something new to me.

vish 09-27-2012 09:32 PM

That fuse should be under dash. Just look at the cover it should have a diagram

Goat Blower 09-28-2012 09:03 AM

Yeah, I believe it says "cig lighter" on the cover. That would be the first thing I'd check.

turbotalon1g 09-28-2012 09:22 AM

what's a fuse?