MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter! (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34206)

tehehodi 06-29-2014 12:39 PM

Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Are your headlights smoked now too? Or is that just lighting and you using Instagram or something.

Kracka 06-29-2014 02:12 PM

All pics are unedited with no filters, only modification on the entire car at this point is the grille vinyl :)

The headlights are likely a result of lighting and reflections.

Kracka 07-15-2014 09:36 AM

First major roadtrip = DONE!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...37508844_n.jpg

Dallas - St. Louis - Madison - Chicago - Dallas

Besides for some very heavy stop & go traffic getting to downtown Chicago, the trip went great! I kept the cruise control set at 85 MPH most the way. The car was comfortable enough with no complaints! The nav system did great with the traffic & weather updates as well, and the gas prices along the route was helpful too when deciding where to refuel (which luckily wasn't often due to the MPG and tank size).

turbotalon1g 07-15-2014 10:57 AM

The awesomeness is overflowing with this one.

scheides 07-15-2014 12:20 PM

Woowoo! Epic road trip dude! That is a lot of miles on that beast already; you're putting it through the paces!

Kracka 07-15-2014 12:32 PM

Yeah, not bad for only 3 months :D

Halon 07-15-2014 12:41 PM

nice mpg

Kracka 07-21-2014 09:38 AM

Dealerships are retarded.

This is now time #2 the engine oil has been over-filled...once is unacceptable, twice is plain ridiculous. Chevy has a real problem on their hands because this is happening nationwide with the C7 Z51. Long story short, the dealership techs either don't know how to properly check the oil level in a dry sump system, or they aren't taking the time (per the owner's manual, its a 10 minute process) required. Numerous cars, including mine, are requiring return trips to the dealership and replacement parts under warranty due to this. Rather than fixing the problem myself I'm holding them responsible so it is all documented in case a problem ever arises in the future from it.

Murlo26 07-21-2014 10:12 AM

hell, you have a warranty actually, use it I say!

It is a pain in the butt to keep driving back there and wasting time on morons but I think you have the right idea.

Sucks that they have dumb people working on this. Don't they let actual techs work on these? Or have c7 certified techs? I know mitsu had only 1 or 2 people at each dealer who were the only people qualified to work on evos.

Are they just letting lube tech high school kids do this or something?

Kracka 07-21-2014 10:21 AM

Only Stingray-certified techs are supposed to be touching C7's no matter how big or small the job; I plan to raise this question when I'm there later today.

With the dry sump, to check the oil level, the car needs to be warmed to full operating temp (175F+), shut off, wait 5 minutes, check level on dipstick, wait another 5 minutes, final check on dipstick. The goal with the dry sump is to be about halfway between the min & max marks.

Non-Z51 models have a traditional wet sump oil system that requires no special procedure.

A//// Guy 07-21-2014 10:38 AM

So did they fill past the max mark? How does one even screw that up.

turbotalon1g 07-21-2014 10:38 AM

What a pain. Interesting to see the out come of this.

Kracka 07-21-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A//// Guy (Post 447441)
So did they fill past the max mark? How does one even screw that up.

Yeah, it at least a quart over the max line. Not even close to being correct.

Kracka 07-21-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 447442)
What a pain. Interesting to see the out come of this.

I'll tell you exactly the outcome, this non-trained non-professional garage DIYer will be watching over the shoulder of the supposed trained/certified technician requiring proof that it was properly filled. How degrading and embarrassing for them.

I will say, besides for this oil issue on my car I have been very happy with the service and work of this dealership. They did quite a bit to my dad's C6 before he flew down, they performed my alignment under warranty, they checked my rear diff fluid level at my request, and they did a very thorough job of cleaning up the mess the first time my car puked up oil due to over-fill.

Halon 07-21-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 447437)
Only Stingray-certified techs are supposed to be touching C7's no matter how big or small the job; I plan to raise this question when I'm there later today.

With the dry sump, to check the oil level, the car needs to be warmed to full operating temp (175F+), shut off, wait 5 minutes, check level on dipstick, wait another 5 minutes, final check on dipstick. The goal with the dry sump is to be about halfway between the min & max marks.

Non-Z51 models have a traditional wet sump oil system that requires no special procedure.

Full operating temp meaning coolant temp? I don't think oil is up to operating temp in 5 minutes.

JET 07-21-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 447449)
Full operating temp meaning coolant temp? I don't think oil is up to operating temp in 5 minutes.

It needs to be shutoff for 5 min, not run for 5 min.

I take mine in to the dealership since I am under warranty too. Might as well!

Kracka 07-21-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 447449)

Coolant temp.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 447452)
It needs to be shutoff for 5 min, not run for 5 min.

I take mine in to the dealership since I am under warranty too. Might as well!

Exactly. My first 4 oil changes are provided by Chevy and I'm going to angle to get the 5th covered by the dealership due to this hassle. With ~10 qts of oil capacity, I'll take it...it's on them to get it right :)

Halon 07-21-2014 12:49 PM

Drrrp, reading comprehension fails me again.

Kracka 07-23-2014 09:56 AM

The return visit was still a miserable failure...still over-full, but at least only by about 1/4 quart this time unlike the first attempt which was a full quart over. I've taken the problem directly to Chevrolet/GM, they've discussed with the dealership, and they will be getting their engineers involved to ensure it does not happen again. I just spoke with the service department manager and he will be having his shop foreman work with the engineers to ensure it's done correctly this time around, give me a loaner/rental, cover all gas & tolls, and refuel my car to help make up for the two return trips for a seemingly simple task.

I'm not thrilled, but at least they are making an effort to get it corrected and make me satisfied.

Halon 07-23-2014 09:59 AM

Wow