MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAP's 2008 Evolution X GSR Build Thread aka Project GGX (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29067)

turbotalon1g 11-12-2012 06:32 PM

Re: MAP's 2008 Evolution X GSR Build Thread aka Project GGX

Nice powerband, that motor needs to get swapped into something!

DSM...

Halon 11-12-2012 07:13 PM

Kick-ass powerband for sure.

scheides 11-12-2012 07:26 PM

Full boost at 3300rpm is amazing on an ef4! Can you elaborate on the dual wastegate setup you're running now?

And still on stock exhaust manifold? Awesome!

HDG6 FTW!

Also what's with the A1000 fuel pump? Stock hanger or are you running a surge tank setup?

Also y u no 3-port bcs? I love the simplicity of a MBC but going to a hybrid setup helped my top end a ton!

Goat Blower 11-12-2012 07:50 PM

Wow! Those are the kind of numbers I like these days. Looks like a sick street car!

Constant_Project21 11-12-2012 08:41 PM

Looks like that engine/turbo combo is right in the sweet spot. Damn near the same spool with tad bit more power ;). Ill have to remember to ride with you to lunch here soon haha.

evotuner 11-12-2012 11:47 PM

That is just nasty

Murlo26 11-13-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 418250)
Full boost at 3300rpm is amazing on an ef4! Can you elaborate on the dual wastegate setup you're running now?

HDG6 FTW!

Also what's with the A1000 fuel pump? Stock hanger or are you running a surge tank setup?

Also y u no 3-port bcs? I love the simplicity of a MBC but going to a hybrid setup helped my top end a ton!

I believe the dual wastegate setup is simply the compgate40 external wg on their downpipe in conjunction with the internal gate on the ef4. Basically, use the internal to keep twinscroll, then let external control after wg pressure opens internal for max boost holding.

I saw the A1000 he is using, its pretty cool, wish they could get all the bugs worked out. It's a camaro fuel pump drop in hangar that they modified. Last I spoke with Chris he was going to do something like my setup, but I am sure thats last on his list of things to change at this point.

Awesome looking setup Chris!

Kracka 11-13-2012 11:14 AM

Pretty badass build! May I ask why you're using FIC injectors rather than your own? any plans to add a ported throttle body?

Mark Leasure 11-13-2012 01:18 PM

Awesome power and turbo response for a daily car.

v8klla 11-13-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 418250)

HDG6 FTW!

Like Murlo said, straight boost source to internal to preserve spool (nearly 1000 rpms lost with only external) and boost control to the external gate. Also as stated, drop in Camaro pump modified for Evo X tank, still has fuel level issues to sort out. Also, I do still have the stock EBCS in line, just haven't gotten a chance to dabble with dual boost controllers however it isn't dropping off too bad.

v8klla 11-13-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 418276)
Pretty badass build! May I ask why you're using FIC injectors rather than your own? any plans to add a ported throttle body?

Been running these since before our injectors, FIC has always had our back in regards to projects and race cars, great company. Throttle body would be an interesting before and after! lol

93gtpeater 11-13-2012 03:56 PM

It would interesting to see dyno sheet over lay of this car and murlos car. you guys are close in power.

scheides 11-13-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8klla (Post 418286)
Like Murlo said, straight boost source to internal to preserve spool (nearly 1000 rpms lost with only external) and boost control to the external gate. Also as stated, drop in Camaro pump modified for Evo X tank, still has fuel level issues to sort out. Also, I do still have the stock EBCS in line, just haven't gotten a chance to dabble with dual boost controllers however it isn't dropping off too bad.

LOL thats the goodiest shit ive ever heard of! I love it!

I say go back to just internal gate.

Kracka 11-14-2012 08:02 AM

Boost control sounds way more complicated than it needs to be :lol: Two wastegates and three boost controllers (1 MBC & 2 electronic solenoids)...

I would like to see how just an internal Turbosmart WGA with a Grimspeed 3-port BCS does.

v8klla 11-14-2012 09:25 AM

Yea it is a bit of a headache lol, but internal with MBC should perform similarly.

niterydr 11-14-2012 09:32 AM

Great powerband Chris.
Excellent work MAP crew.

Murlo26 11-14-2012 09:58 AM

Well although it may be overcomplicated, the boost control works. I think straight 3port (or 4 port) is the way to go, but I don't think the dual wastegates is a bad idea, I have seen that make more power over just internal. It overspins the turbo yes, but if you want max power, do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93gtpeater (Post 418289)
It would interesting to see dyno sheet over lay of this car and murlos car. you guys are close in power.

I tried using fotoflexer to overlay mine from the dynoday and chris's 4th gear pull. Fotoflexer wasn't working...I was going to post in my thread as to not clog this up. I guess if someone is feeling bored by all means do the overlay. Maybe overlay mine, scheides and chris's for 2.0l vs 2.2 vs 2.4 (really 2.5 I think). Might be really clogged though with all the dynoday runs, would be better to do it at MAP on their comp.

Kracka 11-14-2012 10:03 AM

MAP needs the same online dyno database that Cobb has.

turbotalon1g 11-14-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlo26 (Post 418307)
Well although it may be overcomplicated, the boost control works. I think straight 3port (or 4 port) is the way to go, but I don't think the dual wastegates is a bad idea, I have seen that make more power over just internal. It overspins the turbo yes, but if you want max power, do it.

I tried using fotoflexer to overlay mine from the dynoday and chris's 4th gear pull. Fotoflexer wasn't working...I was going to post in my thread as to not clog this up. I guess if someone is feeling bored by all means do the overlay. Maybe overlay mine, scheides and chris's for 2.0l vs 2.2 vs 2.4 (really 2.5 I think). Might be really clogged though with all the dynoday runs, would be better to do it at MAP on their comp.

How do the 2 WG's overspin the turbo? Because it's holding more psi?

Kracka 11-14-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 418309)
How do the 2 WG's overspin the turbo? Because it's holding more psi?

Yup, higher boost in the higher RPM's.