MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes / Body / Suspension (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Shop with Press? (near Fridley) (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29468)

Speedfreak 04-18-2011 02:05 PM

Shop with Press? (near Fridley)

Of course I sold my large press two weeks ago after not using it for a couple years, then yesterday I figured out I need to use one to press out my front left wheel bearing/hub from the front left knuckle on our Montero.

Anyone(shop? Primo?) close to Fridley able to press this out/in? How much and when can I drop it off?

Or does anyone have any suggestions close to my location they trust? Or take it to any Car X, Midas, etc?

Speedfreak 04-18-2011 04:30 PM

Re: Shop with Press? (near Fridley)

I guess I should say close to my location is preferable, but not necessary.

viridionplague 04-18-2011 05:43 PM

i can talk to my work about doing it, and i could do it for you wed/thursday. otherwise any shop around should be able to do it for you for around 20 bucks.

Spikesoftail 04-18-2011 05:56 PM

I buy a ton of part from Fridley Carquest. Anything I couldn't press myself, I've had them do it. Really great guys over there.

Halon 04-18-2011 06:10 PM

I'm pretty sure my friend derek has a press in his basement (Minneapolis). Nothing too fancy just a basic press. Another option might be JET if you still have his number. He's in the Ham Lake area, and pretty sure he has a press.

Kracka 04-18-2011 06:27 PM

MAP has one too.

Speedfreak 04-18-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viridionplague (Post 380715)
i can talk to my work about doing it, and i could do it for you wed/thursday. otherwise any shop around should be able to do it for you for around 20 bucks.

Would like to get this done Tuesday, but if it doesn't happen, I may hit you up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikesoftail (Post 380716)
I buy a ton of part from Fridley Carquest. Anything I couldn't press myself, I've had them do it. Really great guys over there.

Going to call them Tuesday, thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 380718)
I'm pretty sure my friend derek has a press in his basement (Minneapolis). Nothing too fancy just a basic press. Another option might be JET if you still have his number. He's in the Ham Lake area, and pretty sure he has a press.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 380722)
MAP has one too.

Will call around during the work day Tuesday(see if anyone can turn around same day for me.. based on their workload), and have my wife drop it off during the day. Thanks for the responses so far.

Speedfreak 04-19-2011 09:49 AM

Carquest quoted $43.50

Welle Auto quoted $45.00

Was kind of expecting $20ish, but need/want it done today while I'm at work.

Halon 04-19-2011 10:22 AM

FYI our shop at work has a press. If you can do it, you could probably go ask Dave Skow if you can use the press after hours...

Pushit2.0 04-19-2011 12:43 PM

I have a press at home, and I will be out in my garage tonight working on the race car. Send me a PM if you want to stop on by.

Speedfreak 04-19-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 380780)
FYI our shop at work has a press. If you can do it, you could probably go ask Dave Skow if you can use the press after hours...

Crap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushit2.0 (Post 380792)
I have a press at home, and I will be out in my garage tonight working on the race car. Send me a PM if you want to stop on by.

Double Crap.

Had the wife run it to/from Welle(easiest for her not to get lost). Just needed it done.

Thanks for all the responses.

s1ngletracker 04-21-2011 05:28 PM

mini sledge and an appropriately sized socket always works for me :D

bertrenolds5 05-10-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker (Post 381067)
mini sledge and an appropriately sized socket always works for me :D

I would love to see this actually work, I'm calling BS on this one. There is no way you could smash the bearing in without breaking/ruining it.

scheides 05-10-2011 09:33 AM

Metro Engine (next door to Primo) has one, call ahead and offer beer, pay in cash :)

TkrPerformance 05-11-2011 11:55 AM

I have one in shop in the basement