MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Beater 2g Round 2 (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30674)

mike55112 11-23-2011 09:32 PM

Re: Beater 2g Round 2

Looks good brad, can't wait to see it in action at the track

C3L1CA 12-02-2011 10:59 AM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...A/9b7bd40a.jpg

Picked up some FIC 1150's pretty cheap and got some -6 adaptors to get rid of the stock fuel filter banjo bolt someday.

Kind of want to throw them in and go see what she can do on corn but I think I should get a shift box first so I can have full line pressure.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...A/dadbc595.jpg

Also started shaving the extra valve cover, still have a bit of sanding to do to make it perfect. Decided on going with a white wrinkle I think, that way it can hide any little imperfections if I give up on making it perfect.

93gtpeater 12-02-2011 11:20 AM

wHat you going to do if it sells? I was on cl last night.

C3L1CA 12-02-2011 01:22 PM

haha who knows, I sure don't.

TkrPerformance 12-02-2011 01:27 PM

looking good.

I trade you the hatch for it :)

Sparky2211 12-02-2011 02:11 PM

I love the shaved valve cover!

C3L1CA 12-21-2011 11:52 PM

Was looking around to see how realistic my dream is of getting into the 10's with this basic setup and found this guy...

60' ET: 1.494
1/8 ET: 6.713
1/8 MPH: 102.27
1/4 ET: 10.6138
1/4 MPH: 127.92
Fuel (type(s), percent used): Pump e85 100%
Basic Engine Set-up (displacement, pistons, rods): Bone stock long block with L19 head studs.
Turbo (brand, model): FP68hta
Vehicle (year, make, model): 92 Eagle Talon Tsi
Trans(auto, manual), (AWD, FWD, RWD), (built by): Auto, AWD, Built and tuned 100% myself
Clutch/Converter type: (clutch model/converter stall and build) Stock torque converter
Tires (brand, type, size): MT ET Drag 24.5x8x15
Nitrous(Y or N, Shot size): N

Have a few small things I want to do before next summer but might not do all of them until after the proving grounds. I don't want boot from the stock appearing class as that seems like it'll be where some good competition is at:drive:

If this thing can run a 10.99@99 I'd be happy so long as its a 10. haha Might have some more realistic weight reduction this time around.

turbotalon1g 12-22-2011 08:07 AM

at 99mph!!

That car is pretty stripped down, but I know you know how to setup a car and with A billet 16G its totally doable.

Sadly munchgsx is going to a EF3 so he will be able to outpower us all, I think it will be him then the rest of us fighting for 2nd place.

I'm waiting to see the rules though, if its like shootout rules we might have a chance.

scheides 12-22-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 397291)
Sadly munchgsx is going to a EF3 so he will be able to outpower us all

Speak for yourself ;) I just gotta figure out how to keep up with you auto guys...

C3L1CA 12-22-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

at 99mph!!

That car is pretty stripped down, but I know you know how to setup a car and with A billet 16G its totally doable.

Sadly munchgsx is going to a EF3 so he will be able to outpower us all, I think it will be him then the rest of us fighting for 2nd place.

I'm waiting to see the rules though, if its like shootout rules we might have a chance.

This car belonged to a guy nammed Larry on the link forums. You know more about the car? I didn't go poking around too much just saw that one post in the fastest times thread and got pumped it could be possible. Are yout hinking of the English Racing 1g? I thought that thing was pretty stripped but I thought that went low 10's on the 68hta.

Yea I probably don't have a chance in the stock appearing class, I just think it'll be fun if I can go race and try and make other people work for the win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 397296)
Speak for yourself ;) I just gotta figure out how to keep up with you auto guys...

Just sell that nice evo and get a crappy auto dsm ;)

Murlo26 12-22-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

I don't think you are technically in stock appearing any more are you? I thought tubular manis are out? If you are in then I would be too but I wasn't planning to make it into that, I just want to get times don't care about winning.

Shane@DBPerformance 12-22-2011 09:40 AM

Just ban autos from stock appearing. :) Make them actually drive the car.

Tachyon 12-22-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

at 99mph!!

I am starting to sense it might be easier to slap on a Holset and run in the TS class...

turbotalon1g 12-22-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

lol, sorry dude I forgot about the X's and their insane power on stock appearing turbos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3L1CA (Post 397298)
This car belonged to a guy nammed Larry on the link forums. You know more about the car? I didn't go poking around too much just saw that one post in the fastest times thread and got pumped it could be possible. Are yout hinking of the English Racing 1g? I thought that thing was pretty stripped but I thought that went low 10's on the 68hta.

Yea I probably don't have a chance in the stock appearing class, I just think it'll be fun if I can go race and try and make other people work for the win.

Just sell that nice evo and get a crappy auto dsm ;)

I talked with him via PMs and the car has nothing in it at all, its a true track car. I think the only diff. between him and english is that he hasn't taken a drill or sawzall to the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance (Post 397301)

:rollinglaugh: :signs066:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachyon (Post 397303)
I am starting to sense it might be easier to slap on a Holset and run in the TS class...

TS class? you are gonna run low 10s with a holset? I think this is why we need a middle class.

On subject, it sounds like you are going to continue with the mods since the car hasn't sold yet? Do u drive it during the winter?

C3L1CA 12-22-2011 10:01 AM

Ohhh, I didn't know he was that stripped :( Oh well, maybe I'll take a few things out it and put in the Kirkey I have laying around. Probably could get close to 100lbs out of it pretty easy as it still has EVERYTHING in it.

I priced it high so I didn't think it'd actually sell. I think I'll just keep it as I know if I actually sell it I'll be looking at dsm's again a few weeks after it sells. I'll try and do little things here and there but there isn't anything major I want to do to it until it either a) blows up or b) I hit my goal of 10.99. Whichever comes first :rollinglaugh:

Kind of want to get it in the garage this weekend to tinker with it so I can get some more pictures in this crappy thread instead of all this text.

I plan on getting a shift box that shifts for me at designated shift points. I think I'll have to figure out a ricer excuse if I can't blame my slow times on shifting/clutch/trans issues. Any ideas? haha

turbotalon1g 12-22-2011 10:42 AM

That forced four guys will have his fully programmable shift boxes out next month, so you could probably pick that up with the display box too.

I think a 10.99 is doable but it will take slicks and maybe suspension if not a good amount of weight pulled out of it.

All you are waiting for now in the switch to E85 and slicks right? Does your car have suspension mods?

Tachyon 12-22-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 397305)

TS class? you are gonna run low 10s with a holset? I think this is why we need a middle class.

I shouldn't have to; Last year, TS class was won by a fastest time of 11.187 @ 127.32.

:bf_nonew:

C3L1CA 12-22-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 397315)
That forced four guys will have his fully programmable shift boxes out next month, so you could probably pick that up with the display box too.

I think a 10.99 is doable but it will take slicks and maybe suspension if not a good amount of weight pulled out of it.

All you are waiting for now in the switch to E85 and slicks right? Does your car have suspension mods?

Yea I've emailed him asking when he think it'll be done. Sounds like a way better unit than the Roadsurge one.

I was just waiting for the shift box before going to get tuned on e85. I have everything else I SHOULD need to go e85.

No suspension mods as of yet. The coil overs I had for the black car didn't seem to make much of a difference that I noticed, but I'm sure it'll help with getting consistent launches with the auto. Also waiting for the rules from MAP before buying any tire/wheel combo.

turbotalon1g 12-22-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachyon (Post 397321)
I shouldn't have to; Last year, TS class was won by a fastest time of 11.187 @ 127.32.

:bf_nonew:

Sounds like you plan on running a lot quicker than last year as well! :drive:

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3L1CA (Post 397324)
Yea I've emailed him asking when he think it'll be done. Sounds like a way better unit than the Roadsurge one.

I was just waiting for the shift box before going to get tuned on e85. I have everything else I SHOULD need to go e85.

No suspension mods as of yet. The coil overs I had for the black car didn't seem to make much of a difference that I noticed, but I'm sure it'll help with getting consistent launches with the auto. Also waiting for the rules from MAP before buying any tire/wheel combo.

Really? damn, that's good to know.
Yes, we will have to see what they say.

scheides 12-22-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlo26 (Post 397299)
I don't think you are technically in stock appearing any more are you? I thought tubular manis are out? If you are in then I would be too but I wasn't planning to make it into that, I just want to get times don't care about winning.

That rule is grey and from the looks of it is dropped this year...I hope it is or I will go back to sleeper mode for this race! If you keep yammering on about it I'm sure someone will raise a flag sooner or later, so shhhhh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance (Post 397301)

Here here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 397305)
lol, sorry dude I forgot about the X's and their insane power on stock appearing turbos.

LOL the insane weight makes up for it...