MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Want to buy (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   WTB Beefy 2g Clutch Stop (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32874)

iDontKnow 04-03-2013 10:58 PM

WTB Beefy 2g Clutch Stop

I am currently looking for a well performing clutch stop. Doesn't have to be name brand or new,even if you fabricated your own I'd be interested lol As long as it performs. I would like to find one within about 7 days as I am currently moving. Feel free to text me if you think you could help me out/ Matt-612-816-9586

If you have the means to fabricate something beefy that would also be a plus.I am able to compensate in the forms of Cash/Beer/Joyrides/420 :drive:

goodhart 04-03-2013 11:30 PM

Re: WTB Beefy 2g Clutch Stop

A clutch stop for a dsm?

iDontKnow 04-04-2013 10:11 AM

Yes, for a 95 GSX. The thing is - the car has the PTT Twin Disc Clutch in it and the sweet spot is right before you push it in too far, and the car will want to die. (in some situations) The point of the clutch stop is to keep me from pushing the clutch too far in.

asshanson 04-04-2013 11:00 AM

So adjust your master cylinder rod to engage a little further down, so when your foot is at the floor it's where you want the slave to be. I don't get how pushing the clutch in a little extra can cause the car to die though, unless something is scraping or dragging maybe.

iDontKnow 04-04-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asshanson (Post 427315)
So adjust your master cylinder rod to engage a little further down, so when your foot is at the floor it's where you want the slave to be. I don't get how pushing the clutch in a little extra can cause the car to die though, unless something is scraping or dragging maybe.

This was the original plan however I've had a friend try and its proven more difficult than just doing a clutch stop. Also when I put my foot down I want to be absolutely sure it performs the way I want it to. I am not opposed to a little help if anyone is in the Isanti area this weekend. Like I said before I am able to provide compensation.

iDontKnow 04-06-2013 09:02 PM

Since this website obviously isnt the place to go for a clutch stop,this thread is usless. I have a shop ready to do this. This thread can be deleted.

P.S. I am a little dissappointed. I thought I'd make this thread and someone would help me out all quick like..... whatever...

LingLing 04-07-2013 10:59 AM

So you tried adjusting the master cylinder and it still doesn't function correctly? Does your friend know what he's doing?

iDontKnow 04-11-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing (Post 427531)
So you tried adjusting the master cylinder and it still doesn't function correctly? Does your friend know what he's doing?

Could you fail more? lol Everyone knows PTT recomends a clutch stop,any twin disc setup has a recommendation for it.... The easiest way to ruin your awsome new twin disc is to over extend the clutch. If you dont know this than maybe you shouldnt reply? Sorry guys but really,this is noob territory lol Problem solved though.

mdost03 04-11-2013 11:31 PM

Cool story

goodhart 04-11-2013 11:47 PM

If this is such n00b territory, then why couldn't you manage to make one yourself?

iDontKnow 04-12-2013 05:22 AM

Its very hard for me to work on cars. I've had leukimia twice,chemo,radiation,150+ spinal taps(my back is worse than horrible) and thats just the start. Kidney failure,liver failure,lung failure,you name it man. I've spent over half my life in the hospital.

1QUICK4 04-12-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDontKnow (Post 427312)
Yes, for a 95 GSX...

...push it in too far, and the car will want to die.

Sounds like crank walk :lol:

C3L1CA 04-12-2013 08:23 AM

^Truf. You probably haz crank walk. I'd take all that extra monies you haz and put it into a 6 bolt ASAP. Nobodies wants a crank to go for a walk

mitsukid124 04-12-2013 02:10 PM

How is this useless? They already told you that you should properly adjust the slave so the pedal is where you want it. It really isn't that hard, you just need to have someone that is mechanically inclined doing it. Putting a Band-Aid on it isn't fixing the problem, just prolonging it. Even "n00bz" know that.

If you don't want to do it right, you might as well tape some washers to the back of the pedal and say screw it.

iDontKnow 04-12-2013 07:08 PM

Wow, either im just attracting shit or the only smart person on this whole damn site is Shane at DB. And damn celica,learn some grammer lol I was almost in tears when i read your post. A. My motor isnt crankwalking,trust me its been checked out. If it was crankwalk I would have had a shortblock in it already. B. You ALL are misunderstanding the dieing part,its isnt a huge problem,if you dont give it enough gas you'll kill it. The car runs strong,probably stronger than any1 that posted in my failed want ad lmao

CornFed2.4 04-12-2013 07:23 PM

Lmao.

Brad (celica) had a stock 6 bolt almost break into the 600hp mark.

Carry on though and keep insulting members it will get you far.

For the record anyone with a running stock 6 bolt is better off thanks your 95 shortblock.

If you want advice explain the problem better.

mitsukid124 04-12-2013 09:00 PM

Try giving more info and not being a dick about things and you might get help from the knowledgeable people on this board.

I'd say having to give it gas to stop it from dyeing is more then just a little problem that can be fixed by a clutch stop.

LingLing 04-13-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDontKnow (Post 427841)
Wow, either im just attracting shit or the only smart person on this whole damn site is Shane at DB. And damn celica,learn some grammer lol I was almost in tears when i read your post. A. My motor isnt crankwalking,trust me its been checked out. If it was crankwalk I would have had a shortblock in it already. B. You ALL are misunderstanding the dieing part,its isnt a huge problem,if you give it enough gas you'll kill it. The car runs strong,probably stronger than any1 that posted in my failed want ad lmao

A) If you're going to insult someone's GRAMMAR. Make sure to spell it correctly.

B) If you're going to be a sally sour puss, at least use proper capitalization.

C) Puffing your chest out only makes you look worse.

D) You can't blast someone for not knowing what clutch you had because you failed to tell us in the OP

E) kthxbye.

C3L1CA 04-13-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDontKnow (Post 427841)
Wow, either im just attracting shit or the only smart person on this whole damn site is Shane at DB. And damn celica,learn some grammer lol I was almost in tears when i read your post. A. My motor isnt crankwalking,trust me its been checked out. If it was crankwalk I would have had a shortblock in it already. B. You ALL are misunderstanding the dieing part,its isnt a huge problem,if you dont give it enough gas you'll kill it. The car runs strong,probably stronger than any1 that posted in my failed want ad lmao

Lolz. You mean grammar?!? And we're the noobz?

I'ze tellen ya, crank walk fer sure. You ever seen dat der crip walk dance? That be what your crank doin write now. Havin a partay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2TS...e_gdata_player

Sure run dat der mouth u gots 2. Wanna run ur car instead of ur mouf?

19TsiAwd90 04-13-2013 09:47 AM

uahhhhhhhhhh 2stepadepadepaapaapaaaaaa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utzX1cmKU6M