MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project Lex (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28018)

Halon 06-20-2014 09:43 AM

Re: Project Lex

You're in St. Francis? That's where the guy lives who painted my car.

Small update, drove it into work today, verified the speedo was accurate up to 70mph. So I think I'm good to go :) I do think I'm going to redo the mounting though. After thinking about it I want to mount it somewhere else, will make for a cleaner install.

Halon 06-20-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x-pride (Post 446197)
I also have collector plates on my car. The rule says that as long as you have another car to drive and the car is 20 years old you can get collector plates. Insurance does not matter as long as you have insurance.

Yeah, but there's more rules than just that. I'm worried about the one that says you can't use the car for general driving purposes. I live a mile from Blaine PD, if the same cop sees me multiple times in a week and recognizes it, I wouldn't put it past them to hassle me. They stopped a black guy walking a Rottweiler by our house, nice guy minding his own business, but he looked suspicious. I just don't want to deal with or worry about being hassled.

A//// Guy 06-20-2014 10:33 AM

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/pag...spx?pageID=616

"Minnesota does not have a mileage restriction for collector class vehicles. Collector vehicles are to be operated only as a “Collector’s Item” and may not be used for general transportation. Generally driving to and from collector events (shows, parades) is acceptable. Check with local Law Enforcement for more specific issues."

I really doubt youd be pulled over for those plates.. But its possible. Not like they know where you are going, you could just say you are going on a test drive since you just got X mods done, who knows. I wouldnt worry.

Halon 06-20-2014 01:36 PM

I understand I could probably come up with a story and be off the hook. But in general I'd just rather avoid that whole consultation to begin with. I'm trying to stay under the radar now a days :)

I live right next to Blaine PD, and work right next to Ramsey Sheriff's Office. From the things I've seen and experienced, I would not put it past any of them to pull me over for some BS reason. So I want to give them as few BS reasons as possible. So I think I'll just stick with my vet plates and run a front one. It'd be different if I was driving around a 'Cuda or something that's more obviously a collectors car. But a semi-modern "rice burner" running around with no front plate/collector plates, even as legal as it may be, just seems like another reason for a cop to give me a second glance. Thanks for all the advice though, was good food for thought for me.

A//// Guy 06-20-2014 02:00 PM

Yea that works. I like that gps speedo integration! That works slick!

dsmDolney 06-20-2014 03:53 PM

Well yea i am thats my dads house my moms is right in blaine by nsc also

Halon 06-23-2014 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Small update. Made a list of misc crap I still need to do, trying to make my way through my tick list before scheduling my next dyno session. I replaced all the spark plugs, new spark plug boots, and ordered up some more spare NGK plugs. I swapped in a new oil filter just so I know it's a nice fresh one in there. All new lug nuts installed since some of them were mismatched and not the right kind for these wheels. I'm ordering up an electronic fuel pressure gauge since I want to be able to keep an eye on it in the car to ensure it's never way off. I got my wideband fixed so it's logging in Megasquirt again. Got the interior fan working properly again and also adjusted the windshield wiper arms as they always hit the hood (don't want them messing up the new paint). Just waiting to get the last section of the exhaust finished up, and I think I'll be just about ready to try the dyno again.

turbotalon1g 06-24-2014 11:22 AM

Wootski!!!

FP gauge for the win!!

Murlo26 06-24-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 446411)
Wootski!!!

FP gauge for the win!!

Agreed on this.

I have an FP gauge near my fuel rail but with all my fuel problems I also bought an FP gauge for inside as I got tired of not knowing.

Good pickup. Can't wait to see this on the dyno!

Halon 06-24-2014 12:11 PM

Yeah I have a mechanical FP gauge on the AFPR, but would be nice to monitor inside the car so I can watch it at all times vs. just when it's parked with the hood open.

Murlo26 06-24-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 446418)
Yeah I have a mechanical FP gauge on the AFPR, but would be nice to monitor inside the car so I can watch it at all times vs. just when it's parked with the hood open.

Yep. At map last year I was having issues and we ghetto rigged a mechanical one and ran it in to the car to watch while I drove lol, it was awful. I don't want to do that again. Fuel is too important to not know, so Wideband and AFPR for me. I also now have ethanol content and fuel temp as well. all the fuel stuff!

The under the hood one works ok for dyno sessions, but otherwise its not good for anything but idle as you said. And the dyno still doesn't simulate the full G's from acceleration so its not a great way to troubleshoot a pickup issue that only pops up on the street.

Now I am rambling...anyway, just saying great choice on the in cabin one :)

Halon 06-24-2014 12:39 PM

Yep, just need to order one and get it installed. I'll have Boost, WB, and FP gauges. I want my gauges to match so probably just going to pick up another ProSport to match the current ones. Except DB can't get ProSport unfortunately, and MAP quoted me a price higher than what it is on their website?? I'll just order one off ebay or something I suppose.

Murlo26 06-24-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 446421)
Yep, just need to order one and get it installed. I'll have Boost, WB, and FP gauges. I want my gauges to match so probably just going to pick up another ProSport to match the current ones. Except DB can't get ProSport unfortunately, and MAP quoted me a price higher than what it is on their website?? I'll just order one off ebay or something I suppose.

Weird...I've never seen their quote numbers higher than the website.

Yea I hear you on matching gauges. I have a new boost and FP gauge from AEM to match my wideband. Just haven't put them in yet. It's on my long to do list.

How/where you mounting these?

turbotalon1g 06-24-2014 04:12 PM

That happened to me too bman.

Halon 06-24-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlo26 (Post 446425)
Weird...I've never seen their quote numbers higher than the website.

Yea I hear you on matching gauges. I have a new boost and FP gauge from AEM to match my wideband. Just haven't put them in yet. It's on my long to do list.

How/where you mounting these?

Yeah, quite odd, usually it's the other way around and I get the homie discount. Whatever.

Mounting, no idea where yet. Where I have the other two mounted, I'm not sure there is room for a 3rd, so that is still up in the air at this point.

Halon 06-24-2014 05:32 PM

Well would ya look at that, new quote came through with a price much closer to where I thought it'd be :) So one of these is on order now

http://prosportgauges.com/blueWhite-fuel-pressure.aspx

Someday I think I may switch all my gauges to the AEM ones, seem like better quality, but for now these seem to be a good balance between quality and price.

Shane@DBPerformance 06-24-2014 05:45 PM

I won't carry or sell Prosport. They are junk.

dsmghost 06-24-2014 06:11 PM

Yup junk, I had a couple prosport gauges and the sending units were bad out of the box (out of spec on resistance). Called and got replacements and those were bad. Then the guy who answers the phone told me they are all bad, there whole bucketful of sending units ohm out bad. Couldn't do anything for me. Threw them in the trash.

turbotalon1g 06-24-2014 07:55 PM

I also like the AEM ones, I didn't like them at first, but their seem to be 0 complaints from everyone I see use them and they use a quality sender.

Maybe one day I'll want to spend a bunch of money on gauges again.

Halon 06-24-2014 10:07 PM

Lol, love the vibes over here!