MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   House Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

turbotalon1g 01-05-2015 04:24 PM

Re: House Projects

Woot!!

I was gonna ask you when building starts, can we break a bottle of champagne on it for the grand opening like they do with ships?

But we can drop some yak in the do' way!

Halon 01-05-2015 05:05 PM

the blow, the pills, the yak, the errrrb

turbotalon1g 01-05-2015 08:03 PM

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...b/Ma_nigga.jpg

A//// Guy 01-06-2015 01:19 PM

Haha thanks B for the invite, ill be in Colorado though, carvin some powder hopefully! We will have to plan a night to check it out and visit the kiddo!

Halon 01-06-2015 06:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hole

Halon 01-07-2015 09:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Small update for today. They got the ceiling studs done (ceiling had to come down a hair). Beefed up the half wall for the bar top, and put up some plywood for the archway. Also the Benq and mount showed up today from Amazon.

Halon 01-08-2015 09:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Framing done. Recessed lights installed. In ceiling speaker enclosures almost done.

JET 01-09-2015 12:32 AM

Awesome Brandon! I'll have to check it out after you are done. You'll love the receiver, it is a newer and slightly higher model than mine. I have had several brands and love the Denon. I have ever heard those speakers before so I am curious to hear them. Looks great!

curt_gendron 01-09-2015 10:42 AM

Looks like a fun project Brandon! There is a lot of different ways you could layout a theater in that space, but with the odd shape of that room, what you are doing makes a lot of sense. Especially if you want to have people in the rest of the downstairs to actually see the TV.

The design of my theater room started long before we built the house, so my layout was much easier to come up with. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress as it comes along. A theater room is well worth it. I spend countless hours in mine during the winter.

later,
Curt

turbotalon1g 01-09-2015 09:47 PM

Can't wait to get drunk and get in your hole!

Goat Blower 01-10-2015 09:35 AM

Looks good!

Halon 01-11-2015 09:27 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Small update. He got all the speaker boxes put up and in place. Started running wiring for outlets. That's pretty much it.

I ran the in-ceiling HDMI cable. Also got just about everything in from BB Magnolia with the exception of the equipment rack. Bought a TV Tuner off amazon. Busted out the old 12" JBL sub that I'm going to reuse for this room.

Halon 01-15-2015 06:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started sound board and sheet rock. Still need to run the subwoofer cable in the wall yet though. The plan was to run coax cable, but mate it to an RCA type end / plate for the sub to plug into. Having a hell of a time though trying to find the RCA end for it. Might just resort to running a long ass standard RCA cable for it.

Anyway, here's some pics.

JET 01-15-2015 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 452077)
Started sound board and sheet rock. Still need to run the subwoofer cable in the wall yet though. The plan was to run coax cable, but mate it to an RCA type end / plate for the sub to plug into. Having a hell of a time though trying to find the RCA end for it. Might just resort to running a long ass standard RCA cable for it.

Anyway, here's some pics.

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_...&cs_id=1023601

A//// Guy 01-15-2015 09:18 PM

Looks good. Yea just get a long RCA. Or just do a wireless sub, thats probably what I would do since you have a ballin set up like this anyway. No wires ftw!

Halon 01-16-2015 04:09 PM

Best Buy in Richfield apparently had the part. Thanks for the link Jet but I was trying to find it locally because it's holding up sheet rocking, don't want to wait for something to ship if I didn't have to.

Halon 01-16-2015 06:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Sound board and sheet rock done, great way to end the week. Next week I assume they'll start taping/mudding, install the sconce boxes, install the actual outlets, then who knows what else. If they get to the point where it's ready for paint by the weekend, I may just help him out and paint it myself.

Pics.

JET 01-16-2015 06:52 PM

Coming along nicely!!

Halon 01-16-2015 06:59 PM

Thanks dude, good call on the projector, so far I think it looks great, and that's just on bare sheet rock. Should only get better!

turbotalon1g 01-16-2015 08:04 PM

Very peemp!
What time is the pr0z show?

You could do big ass shadow puppets on that wall....