MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   House Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

JET 02-10-2008 09:49 PM

Re: House Projects

Wow, that thinset cement on the floor was fucking insane. I had been working on it 3-4 hours every night for 2 weeks and a weekend too. I finally got done Saturday!! We got the hardwood floors down in the kitchen and dining room. It is really dusty still, but here they are so far and the pics don't do them justice either. Click on them for a bigger view.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/2/4022460411.jpg

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/2/4022460448.jpg

Halon 02-10-2008 09:52 PM

Sweet Jet. Did you lay the hardwood, or have someone do it? Also, is it real hardwood, or hardwood laminate like Pergo or what not?

I hope to have finished laying all the tile in my entry way by tomorrow night. I've had some dificulties dealing with a spot of the floor that wasn't perfectly flat. The tile sits a little higher right there, but oh well, it's the best I could do. The grout and paint and everything else will have to come after I get back from Spain.

JET 02-10-2008 10:00 PM

It is laminate flooring from Menards. My dad and I did it this weekend, we got started about 5 on Sat and had the kitchen done at about 4 today. We are doing the whole upstairs, so we have 2 BR's, entry and the living room to do yet. I'll be getting some pic's of the bathroom up later this week as that comes together more.

Halon 02-10-2008 10:06 PM

Good deal. I plan on doing my kitchen/dining room in a light oak colored laminate wood flooring, but probably not for another year or so. But looks good man!

turbotalon1g 02-11-2008 07:05 AM

I plan on doing my downstairs kitchen and bathroom in that stuff hopefully this summer.

polishmafia 02-11-2008 07:59 AM

looks really good jet! but you need to turn on some more lights when you take pics ;)

carltalon 02-11-2008 05:10 PM

Jet is that a snap together or glue type floor. Im not a big fan of the laminates but it looks nice in the pics. Ive put down 3 real hardwood floors an like those alot better.

I spent all weekend painting my foyer I should post up some pics so I feel like part of the group.

JET 02-11-2008 05:16 PM

Thanks guys. This is a snap together laminate. This one looks pretty damn realistic. One thing I like about the laminates is that they are much more durable than real hardwood floors.

turbotalon1g 02-11-2008 05:38 PM

I am waiting for the drywall warranty work to get done before i paint.
i already have paint waiting for the master bathroom and bedroom

carltalon 02-18-2008 04:54 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I started my Kitchen project today. I'm putting in a tile Backsplash around the whole kitchen. Here's some before Pics and some pics of my progress so far.

carltalon 02-21-2008 08:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Finished up tonight. Grouting the border was alot harder then doing floors. but I think it turned out pretty good. Im not shure about the white outlet covers we'll have to see what Michelle (my wife) says about them.

Halon 05-20-2008 06:21 PM

Kitchen looks real nice! Also had a chance to peak at some of the work Jet has been doing, and also looks great!

I just got done mortaring down 8 more tiles. All I have left now is a few in the closet to mortar down which I can hopefully do tomorrow, then start painting!

Halon 05-28-2008 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't gotten anything else done in the entry way, but in parallel of the entry way work, I'm slowly getting new appliances. My dad is completely redoing their kitchen, so I'm scoring all of his old appliances, all of which are nicer then my current ones. Just put the new dishwasher in today. The new microwave is sitting in the garage waiting to be put in. The new fridge and range should be about a month away.

carltalon 05-28-2008 10:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We built a deck over the last few weekends.

Halon 05-28-2008 10:19 PM

Awesome!!

scheides 05-28-2008 10:34 PM

Nice work Carl, looks good man!

turbotalon1g 05-28-2008 10:38 PM

That looks great, i know who to call when i need one.

We started painting finally. its nice to not have white walls everywhere.

Halon 08-01-2008 03:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Completely finished painting my entry way today, all the way up the stairs to the edge of the family room. I also replaced all the light switches and outlets and covers from white to Ivory. The white ones were dirty and gross, and the Ivory goes a lot better with the paint color. Benjamin Moore 1039 Stone House.

Also for anyone else interested, Menards is selling light fixtures for dirt cheap. I got the 13" ones. A 2-pack costs $12, so I bought two of the 2-packs. Replaced the two kitchen ones, and have yet to install the other 2 which will go in the stairway and the other one upstairs. Here's a pick of the ones in the kitchen.

13" brushed nickel, holds 2 60W bulbs.

turbotalon1g 08-02-2008 10:23 AM

Looks good man, those light fixtures look nice too.

Halon 10-14-2008 09:17 PM

Well now that I'm home to do some more work, Derek and I have been making some progress on the entry way.

We had to remove and relay 1 tile because it wasn't seated very nicely. That was actually a bit of work.
We got all the closet tiles mortared in except for 2 tiny pieces that I still need to cut.
We completed all the grouting, except for the little bit that will need to be done in the closet.
Installed all new hardware for the handrails going up the stairs because the old ones looked pretty crummy.

Thursday we will seal the grout, and begin cleaning and reinstalling all the wood trim. It may take a week or so until we finish that though.

Then the final thing we will have to do is go patch up any dings we've made in the walls, and paint those little repairs, then the entry way is COMPLETE!