MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   House Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

Halon 11-27-2007 07:15 PM

Re: House Projects

Thanks!

I'm actually really happy with the bed. It wasn't cheap at all, and is very sturdy. I'm happy with everything I bought from there. Their bedroom stuff doesn't seem to be all that bad.

Pete, let me know man, I'm willing to help out as long as I'm around.

Goat Blower 11-28-2007 12:41 PM

Crap, I forgot to take a before picture. I just tore out the fiberglass corner shower in our master bath and I'm putting in a full slate tile shower with no door or glass. I had the shower out and the sheetrock out in a few hours, now I've framed in a wall, replumbed the shower lines and need to frame in a cove for the shampoos and soap. I'll start laying the cement board this weekend. 6 months no payment, no interest at Home Depot rocks!!

JET 11-28-2007 01:34 PM

Get tile backer instead of cement board, it will hold up to moisture much better. It wasn't much more expensive either. Instead of the paper on the outside it has a stiff plastic material with ridges for the thinset to grab on to.

Halon 12-20-2007 07:41 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here is what the entry way looks like right now. As you can see, it's livable, but kinda ugly. The floor is starting to peel up at some of the seams slightly. The walls are covered in dirty finger prints. The light fixtures look like butt.

I'd like to have it done in a month or so. Basic idea is:

- remove trim along floor
- remove old crappy linoleum flooring
- remove any glue that I can
- tile (12x12 or larger)
- paint the walls
- reinstall trim

Shouldn't be all that difficult really. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to start ripping the trim off any day now. Just need a little pry bar.

Halon 01-03-2008 05:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Demolition has begun.

rabeb25 01-04-2008 06:00 PM

I am almost done with my shitbox

http://rabeb25.mikesdecks.com/HOME/NEw%20Basement/

Will be for sale this spring in Albertville.

turbotalon1g 01-04-2008 06:53 PM

Looks good guys.

Halon 01-25-2008 04:58 PM

Just picked up some tile. Having a tile/paint shindig at my place tonight and tomorrow night, whoop whoop!

Halon 01-26-2008 01:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The fun has begun!

Halon 01-26-2008 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And our slave driver

tim 01-26-2008 01:33 PM

Looks good. Pretty sweet how much tile can change the appearance of an area and it really isnt that hard to do. It isnt cheap but compared to linoleum or carpet it is well worth the cost.

scheides 01-26-2008 01:46 PM

Looking good man! I put up a new light fixture in our spare bedroom/office and took down our last FUGLY ceiling fan. Install was bout 15 mins, had to climb up in the attic because there was a wireless remote for the old fan. Easy peasy, and the new light was on sale at menards, $36.

Goat Blower 01-26-2008 02:31 PM

Looks good B, tile really spruces things up. I'll have to post up some pics of my shower progress, it's coming along nicely. It helps to have a sweet tile saw.

Halon 01-26-2008 03:50 PM

Our tile saw we're using right now really sucks. The one we used for the bathroom was sweet though. Anyhow, I hear ya on the light fixture Scheides. I just bought a pair of light fixtures the other week for my entry way for $18 for the pair because the old ones are fugly. They make a nice difference

Halon 01-26-2008 10:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got a little bit more done today. Slowly but surely!

Thanks for the help ricer pete!

JET 01-26-2008 10:31 PM

I spent the day ripping the tile up out of the kitchen and patching up the walls in the bathroom (damn wallpaper ripping off paint) at the Fridley house. I finally got the new one in working order. I will be painting the bathroom tomorrow and sealing the slate. I got a nice surprise when taking up the tile in the kitchen, they put it down with thinset cement right on the plywood. I figured they might have. That will be a blast to get off so the hardwoods can go down.

Looking good Brandon!

A//// Guy 01-27-2008 04:50 PM

That looks really nice B!! If I were in town I woulda came and helped slave drive. haha I love the type of tile you used!

Halon 01-27-2008 05:16 PM

Thanks guys!

I just found 2 tiles that didn't stick too well so I pulled them up and will have to redo them. No biggie though. we cut a lot of pieces today to finish up the unfinished edges by the front door/stairs/hobbit room. So really what's left is the walkway by the garage door.

JET 01-27-2008 11:19 PM

Wow, I just spent all day at the Fridley house. Thinset straight on plywood sucks ass!! In about 6 hours I got a 8'x10' area chipped up. I am not quite 1/2 done with it. This is by far the worst thing I have had to do as far as remodeling. Even worse than shoveling out the old landscaping rock and putting mulch down.

I did get the bathroom painted too. That is coming along nicely. I'll have to grab the camera and take some pic's.

polishmafia 01-28-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 225376)
Got a little bit more done today. Slowly but surely!

Thanks for the help ricer pete!

my pleasure. sorry i couldnt stay longer to help out. i really like that tile you picked out.

damn jet, sounds like youve been busy too. for sure post some pics of the progress.