MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   House Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

Halon 06-25-2007 08:30 AM

Re: House Projects

Yes. The bedroom and bathroom are together. I just first focused pretty much solely on the bathroom. Now that it is just about done, I will be starting on the bedroom. The bedroom should go much quicker as it is just tongue and groove flooring. The install should be much easier/quicker then tiling the bathroom was.

A//// Guy 06-25-2007 09:09 AM

Lookin good B! It will be nice when its all done!

DoughtCom 06-25-2007 09:45 AM

Very nice man, I need to buy a house.

Halon 07-01-2007 10:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Started painting today. Got the bathroom ceiling painted. Got the bathroom trim painted. And got the doors painted. Got all the carpet pad off the floor, as well as those little tack strips removed. Just cleaned a lot of that up since it's getting close to the point where I'll start putting down the bedroom floor. Tomorrow I hope to get the bathroom walls painted, and start painting the bedroom trim.

Halon 07-01-2007 10:09 PM

The color I ended up going with in the bathroom actually didn't end up being green. It's called Harvest Brown, a color by Behr. Here's a picture of someone else with the walls painted this color, with white trim also.

I'm still debating if I should use this color in the bedroom also, or do a real light green/grey in the bedroom. It's a smaller room, with no windows, so I've heard that I don't want to go too dark.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...m/DSCF0039.jpg

Halon 07-02-2007 05:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Blah blah blah, talking to myself ;)

Paint is still wet in the pics, which is the reason for the glossy appearance. The actual sheen of the paint is eggshell.

Halon 07-02-2007 05:59 PM

Only thing left is the toilet, and hooking up the plumbing to the sink. Yaay!

A//// Guy 07-02-2007 08:56 PM

Looks good! I like that color alot actually, matches the tiles nicely!

92EvilTalon 07-02-2007 09:28 PM

I do agree about the color. Nice work B. Hey did you also get all the staples up too? When I tore up the carpet in my house. They stapled the padding to the floor. That was a pain in the ass to do. The wood floor's are easy to install. Just make sure to measure twice cut once!

Halon 07-02-2007 10:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is actually the bottom floor of the house, so it's cement underneath. They used some sort of glue to keep the padding on the floor. I don't think staples would have worked to well on the cement ;)

We just got the door put on for the bathroom. Had to buy new door nobs as the old one was falling apart. $4 from Lowes. That's like a sore dick, you can't beat that shit!

One thing I'm considering is that with the door all white now, it will get dirty very easy. Maybe in the future, I will do like the other people did in that picture I attached, and paint the door to match the walls. But for now, white will stay.

One thing I don't understand, is why the floor grout has gotten so light in color. It was much darker before. It's still fairly dark on the walls, but on the floor it has gotten so white. Kinda bugs me.

Halon 07-04-2007 11:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got everything hung in the bathroom, like the medicine cabinet, mirror, and another little cabinet. The only thing left is the toilet, but the studs are too short so I have to figure that one out!

Also Got the walls painted in the bedroom. I did it a little different then originally planned. Since this is a smaller room, with no windows, I wanted to keep it real light so it didn't feel like a cave, or just like a grey cloudy day. This is actually very white, but with a hint of a seafoam green. The pictures don't show too well, but I like how it turned out. It keeps it really bright in the room!

Kracka 07-05-2007 06:58 AM

Looks nice so far!

TkrPerformance 07-05-2007 08:08 AM

lookin good

Halon 07-07-2007 12:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Got the flooring mostly done in the bedroom today. There's 1 piece left to do in the closet area, but we are going to do it tomorrow because I don't want to wake anyone up with the table saw anymore. Tomorrow we will be putting in the base quarter round pieces around the edges so everything flows real nice. Also tomorrow we'll put in the transition piece that transitions it from the bathroom tile to the bedroom floor. Starting to look like a bedroom that normal people would live in, unlike the disaster of a room that it used to look like.

PS - don't mind Derek, he's been acting like this ever since he met this Rugby chick last night.

92EvilTalon 07-07-2007 05:05 AM

Should of did a warning about that photo. Not something I like to see when I am waking up. But looks great. Paint that room and get r done.

A//// Guy 07-07-2007 12:46 PM

Haha @ derek!

Looks awesome guys, good work!

Halon 07-07-2007 02:54 PM

The room already is painted. Today we got some minor trim work done that we needed to do, and did a bunch of touch up painting. I was hoping to have it pretty much done today, but don't think that'll happen.

Free Egg 07-07-2007 03:04 PM

Yeah I was showing Brandon what real hardwood looked like!

92EvilTalon 07-07-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Egg (Post 200096)
Yeah I was showing Brandon what real hardwood looked like!

:hide: :WhaaatNo: :lol: :jackoff:

Halon 07-15-2007 06:45 PM

Well I've been stuck in Florida, but sounds like Derek pretty much finished up the quarter round trim for the base of the floor. All it needs is closet organizers and a closet door I think. Should be moving in down there as soon as I get home!