MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site News & Updates (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   MitsuStyle.com (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13137)

JET 10-04-2006 01:55 AM

Re: MitsuStyle.com

Yeah, and at dyno days we could watch all Mitsu's on the dyno instead of being forced to watch some pesky German car :D

niterydr 10-04-2006 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew7dg
HEY!! you know what I mean:p
I know the evos have a 4g63 but the timing belt is on the other side and none of the parts can be interchanged... well most anyway (this could get into a long debate)

I have to say, this is a nice website with very friendly people. I would love it if mitsubishi people would come together. The mitsubishi cook out was fun to go to and would be great if there was more stuff like that.

What I would love to see is a meet where a lot of mitsubishi people get together and have a parts swap meet. I know a lot of us have car parts, cars, and part cars that they would want to sell. And there are some of us who really need car parts, like me!!

Parts can't be interchanged?
Do some research before making retarted posts.

AJ 10-04-2006 07:36 AM

I see Andrew's point. DSMStyle was/is home to many DSMers, but the fact is we have never been just a DSM club. It was a main focal point, and it was a big part of growing. MN EVO and MN 3S are to active groups that are ran by a few senior members on here (Curt & Chris D), and that last thing I want this transition to do is make it seem like we want to pull members from there over here. We just want to make a positive transition into a big growing period for us, and give everything we can to our members and sponsors.

Jakey 10-04-2006 11:25 AM

This is going to be my final post in this thread as I do not agree with the namechange but wanted to make a few comments based on Allan's last post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSMStyle
I see Andrew's point. DSMStyle was/is home to many DSMers, but the fact is we have never been just a DSM club. It was a main focal point, and it was a big part of growing.

Having the DSM as the focal point of the site until now has obviously been a success and the site has grown exponentially, which is where I don't follow why there is this sudden push for HUGE growth.

Quote:

MN EVO and MN 3S are to active groups that are ran by a few senior members on here (Curt & Chris D), and that last thing I want this transition to do is make it seem like we want to pull members from there over here.

Then why is this new namechange being marketed to the members as a chance to draw members from "other" places? Like I said in my earlier post, if people don't feel welcome here because they don't own/drive a DSM, they need to open their eyes and look at the DSMStyle.com community.

Quote:

We just want to make a positive transition into a big growing period for us, and give everything we can to our members and sponsors.

Why the sudden push for a BIG growing period? As previously mentioned, in my opinion, this push for a BIG growing period is going to draw an incredible number of people who belong spamming the newbie forums on Toonerz. I have yet to come upon a truly large forum/site that carries the class which the current medium-sized DSMStyle.com has. I wish the administration and moderation team the best of luck on being able to keep things under control down the road.

Quote:

....give everything we can....sponsors.

If the site is giving everything it can to the sponsors, why shouldn't the sponsors do the same (treat members fairly & I'm referring to one specific sponsor)? Yes I'm bitter.....

AJ 10-04-2006 12:39 PM

Jakey, if you think we are going after the size of somthing like DSMTuners or DSMTalk you're thinking in the wrong scope of things.

Plain and simple, they don't make DSM's anymore. We don't want the site to enter into a stalemate and die over time. So we took the next logical step to build upon our foundation to provide for future growth.

I am sure we will have to deal with situations that come up over the next 3-6 months, and we are preparred to deal with those in a quick and positive way.

I think you need to relax a bit and just wait and see what happens along with everyone else.

As far as your sponsor bit, I think you just need to cut ties with you doing business with them and forget about it. If you had a bad experiance then you've probably made the decison to take your business elsewhere, and that's your right. I do get tired of you bringing it up every 10 minutes though.

Sometimes there comes a time where you just have to think, "is this really where I want to be?". Ask yourself that question Jakey. We've know each other a very long time, but if you feel this site isn't up to your requirement's then maybe MitsuStuyle.com isn't the best place for you. If you relax a tad, and just wait and see what happens and then realize it's just going to be better and you think this is a place for you, then by all means stick around. The decison is yours.

scheides 10-04-2006 01:02 PM

Jakey, enough with the animosity already, you sound like an old record...with a really bad country song on it or some shit.

We're not trying to oust the other local forums, we're trying to unite the current members of *this* board. Sure, we're hoping for new members, and if they're dumbasses, then we'll deal with that. Guess what, there's a lot of cool people out there that aren't here yet, and everyone on this site will benifit from there being more members. We're trying to open up the doors here a little, get rid of this arrogant better-than-thou attitude that some threads and you (Jakey) in particular seem to ooze.

In fact, if you do not like the site after we change, I'll personally setup a forum just for you and anyone else that hates the new site. I'll call it sandyvaginaforums.com and anyone can bitch about whatever they want!

AJ 10-04-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides
In fact, if you do not like the site after we change, I'll personally setup a forum just for you and anyone else that hates the new site. I'll call it sandyvaginaforums.com and anyone can bitch about whatever they want!

Um Chris you dumb shit. It would need to actually be sandyvaginaSTYLE.com. ;)

Tauni 10-04-2006 01:16 PM

HAHA! Fucking awesome!

The way I see it, more people means more and different knowledge. No one knows EVERYTHING there is to know about DSMS and I see it as, the more people, provided they are knowledgeable people, the better chance you will have finiding what information or parts or whatever you are looking for.

Change isn't always good, but it isn't always bad, either. And it is ok to be open minded in such situations ;)

scheides 10-04-2006 01:18 PM

Hahah! so be it!

cranch 10-04-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET
Yeah, and at dyno days we could watch all Mitsu's on the dyno instead of being forced to watch some pesky German car :D

Scheides made me do it...

A//// Guy 10-04-2006 01:26 PM

HAHAHA Wow that was funny.

But yea I agree with all of it and am open to the changes. Just dont turn this site into MNSC where everyone posts pics all day long of their crappy 3 tone cars with steelies on the front. So mods get ready to regulate that stuff lol.

---JET atleast the pesky german car made it to every event this year :) haha jp

Kracka 10-04-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M/// Guy
---JET atleast the pesky german car made it to every event this year :) haha jp

Oh snap!

I have nothing against the new changes, nor have I really been following this thread, but I do want to be a member of SandyVaginasSTYLE!!!

niterydr 10-04-2006 01:38 PM

Can I mod sandyvaginastyle.com?

Matt D. 10-04-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Just dont turn this site into MNSC where everyone posts pics all day long of their crappy 3 tone cars with steelies on the front.

Yes, that is the very definition of MNSC. :rolleyes:

AJ 10-04-2006 01:47 PM

Ya know, "most" people who are on DSMStyle.com like it here cause of what we do with it. MitsuStyle.com is just a extension of that, and a name. No reason to think we can't run it as good, or better than before.

And we don't need to be bashing sites like MNSC. Those guys put a TON of effort into events and such as well for their members. When you think of the guys who are behind sites like MNSC, MN 3S, EVO MN, and even DSMStyle, you'll find some hard working people that often put more thought and preparation into helping others enjoy the hobby rather than themselves.

Tauni 10-04-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Ya know, "most" people who are on DSMStyle.com like it here cause of what we do with it. MitsuStyle.com is just a extension of that, and a name. No reason to think we can't run it as good, or better than before.

So true. I like how close knit we are, too. Most of us anyways. It always seems to me you guys are always looking for new ways to bring us all together, like the dyno days, Bees, parties, ETC.

Super Bleeder!! 10-04-2006 02:02 PM

i do not like this mitsustyle name. as already stated, i like the fact that this forum has *<50 active posters. it keeps things tight. toight like a toiger!

A//// Guy 10-04-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D.
Yes, that is the very definition of MNSC. :rolleyes:

You know exactly what I mean Matt.. come on.

I like MNSC alot but the postwhoring is rediculous over there. Threads for everything including saying what I ate for breakfast. If style gets that way Im just saying things are going to get kind of hectic. I have nothing against the mods/creators/people who run MNSC, I just dont like how things are so open over there, and I hope that doesnt happen here. Just my 2 cents.

BTW I am a member of MNSC and post somewhat regularily.

Shane@DBPerformance 10-04-2006 03:15 PM

Once every post on here starts ending in "FTW!" like on MNSC, then we know we are in trouble.

Matt D. 10-04-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

You know exactly what I mean Matt.. come on.

No, I don't. Say what you mean and mean what you say. MNSC is no worse than Toonerz when it comes to BS posts.