MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mitsu vehicle parts for sale (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Group buy on active toe eliminator kits? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31169)

turbotalon1g 03-14-2012 07:41 AM

Re: Group buy on active toe eliminator kits?

Price yet?

Tachyon 03-14-2012 09:11 AM

Oh perfect! I just pulled my rear subframe out... now to sawzall every rusted bolt arm bolt and get it prepped!

Look forward to hear more, just let us know!

s1ngletracker 03-14-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachyon (Post 401696)
Oh perfect! I just pulled my rear subframe out... now to sawzall every rusted bolt arm bolt and get it prepped!

Look forward to hear more, just let us know!

Oh man, did I ever get to have that fun experience. I would try PB blaster and a thorough torching first, that actually works wonders to save from breaking bolts or having to cut them out.

The hardest part about the install, by far, was getting the stock toe links out. Those were a b*tch.

Tachyon 03-14-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker (Post 401697)
Oh man, did I ever get to have that fun experience. I would try PB blaster and a thorough torching first, that actually works wonders to save from breaking bolts or having to cut them out.

The hardest part about the install, by far, was getting the stock toe links out. Those were a b*tch.

Yea, I started with the torch but it was taking too damn long, so a few short minutes with a metal blade and the lateral arms were free. Still have the toe links to pull and burn the stock mount bushings out for the mustache brace and forward mounts.

I am almost wondering if it would be more time effective to find a rear sub-frame that has less corrosion on it (if that exists in the midwest?)

s1ngletracker 03-14-2012 12:39 PM

Alright, so once I added everything up the cost isn't crazy cheap, but I'm thinking full setup for $145, is that reasonable? That comes with 2 slugs (1045 steel), 2 Chromoly Rod ends, 2 jam nuts, 4 stainless steel spacers (to get the right length to bolt into the subframe bracket)

I'd sell just the slugs for $80 per set, machined and threaded for 7/8-14 RH threaded rod end.

Let me know what you guys think.

Tachyon 03-14-2012 12:56 PM

I think $145 is reasonable for a complete product. Do the rod-ends include the hemi-bearings like your photo?

s1ngletracker 03-14-2012 12:58 PM

yep, exact same ones.

Tachyon 03-14-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker (Post 401716)
yep, exact same ones.

Perfect, put me down for a set!

s1ngletracker 03-15-2012 05:35 PM

ok, so i'm ordering materials...

Tachyon are you ok with just the short 2" slugs as opposed to the long ones (4", with hole) that I posted pictures of? They are super heavy and will cost more than the price I quoted. I realized I didn't make that clear. If you have the ability to weld, you will be fine with the shorter ones, and you'll be adding less unsprung weight.

Tachyon 03-15-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker (Post 401808)
ok, so i'm ordering materials...

Tachyon are you ok with just the short 2" slugs as opposed to the long ones (4", with hole) that I posted pictures of? They are super heavy and will cost more than the price I quoted. I realized I didn't make that clear. If you have the ability to weld, you will be fine with the shorter ones, and you'll be adding less unsprung weight.

Lighter is always better with me. Nothing a welder cannot fix :)

JET 03-16-2012 12:40 AM

How good of a heim is the one you are using? I saw you mention there were a few you were considering.

s1ngletracker 03-16-2012 11:14 AM

It's a 4130 chromoly 7/8x14 fine thread with 3/4 bore rod end.

The ball is heat treated 51200 bearing steel, chrome plated.

The race is teflon injected. Rated to 42,000 lbs.

They're made by a small shop out of Colorado. Other than that, I don't know much. I haven't used them for a long period of time. If you want to buy your own rod end, i'm more than willing to sell any permutation of components, just let me know.

s1ngletracker 03-16-2012 01:37 PM

I was gonna use a QA1 rod end, but they are bastards and I refuse to buy their crap anymore. They are located in lakeville, wouldn't let me pick up my order, and wanted a ridiculous amount of money to ship them 10 miles.

JET 03-16-2012 03:05 PM

Sounds good, put me down for a set with those ends on.

s1ngletracker 03-24-2012 08:17 AM

Alright, first couple sets should be done by the end of next week... though the machinist has been busy.

Tachyon 03-26-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker (Post 402533)
Alright, first couple sets should be done by the end of next week... though the machinist has been busy.

Perfect. I just finished disassembly of my rear end over the weekend. I should be ready for this in a few days, keep us posted!

s1ngletracker 04-01-2012 09:35 AM

ok, all the slugs are done, I'm just waiting on the stainless steel spacers. Should be done this week.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Tachyon 04-02-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker (Post 403099)
ok, all the slugs are done, I'm just waiting on the stainless steel spacers. Should be done this week.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Nice. I just finished my work on the rear subframe so if these can be picked up this week I should be back on the road by Sunday!

s1ngletracker 04-03-2012 07:12 AM

Yeah, I'm thinking they'll be done by EOB Friday.

s1ngletracker 04-08-2012 10:22 PM

OK, I have 2 sets I can sell. Sorry, I've been incredibly busy with school and trying to prep our chumpcar for race in 2 weeks.

Apparently the machinist took another job and left the job partially done. I have 2 sets I can sell right now though, or more if you don't need the spacers.

I live in bloomington and will be available pretty much any night this week for pickup. PM me to arrange a meeting time.