MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Events (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1st Annual Fall BBQ/Car Show @ Modern Automotive Perf. (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20531)

1fstmsp 08-27-2008 09:46 PM

1st Annual Fall BBQ/Car Show @ Modern Automotive Perf.

This is going to be the biggest get together of the fall season! Many local clubs, forums and sponsors have teamed up to put this event together. It;s going to be huge! It is going to be a completely free show. There is NO cost to enter your car in the show and there are going to be some awesome prizes from MAP, Tool Time and The Ink Tailor tattoo studio for the winners. The only thing you have to pay for is food which is going to be prepared by an award winning professional BBQ company called we’re smoking now out of Columbia Heights, MN. Modern Auto Performance will also have their new Dyno open for a dyno challenge amd just a plain dyno day. So grab your friends and family to come check out some beautiful cars, see moderns new shop and have some amazing food for the first annual Fall BBQ and Car show.

Here are the details

Date: Sept 14th, 2008

Time: Car registration starts at 12:00 and the BBQ/Show starts at 1:00pm (again 100% free to enter)

Place: Modern Automotive Performance in Plymouth (see www.maperformance.com for directions)

Food: Professional BBQ including award winning pulled pork sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs and pop/water.

Car show judging: Awards for best of show 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, highest horsepower for the dyno challenge and more to come.

scheides 08-27-2008 11:12 PM

Re: 1st Annual Fall BBQ/Car Show @ Modern Automotive Perf.

So this is not a teamfourdoor event? I thought you guys were putting it on?

sleepydsm 08-27-2008 11:47 PM

I'll be there :)

Kracka 08-28-2008 06:49 AM

Please post more info such as who is putting this on, etc.

95talonracer 08-28-2008 06:52 AM

So there is this event and the one on the 27th. Ill be there for both and hopefully the car will be at its top and will be able to be dyno'd.

Matt D. 08-28-2008 07:36 AM

This has been posted on mnsubaru, mnnissan, mnsc, and d-town so it should be a good showing.

I'll be there to hang out.

Kracka 08-28-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95talonracer (Post 253910)
So there is this event and the one on the 27th. Ill be there for both and hopefully the car will be at its top and will be able to be dyno'd.

This event is in no way sponsored or endorsed by MitsuStyle so please don't confuse it with OUR dyno-day :D I believe this event is being put on by Team Four Door.

123abc 08-28-2008 08:13 AM

I won't be able to make this one. Me and my woman will be right in the middle of moving into our new apartment.

GREASEMONKEY 08-28-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 253890)
So this is not a teamfourdoor event? I thought you guys were putting it on?

I believe they are.. I will be there for sure, Cant pass up a free event:D

-Stephan

Kracka 08-28-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY (Post 253940)
I believe they are.. I will be there for sure, Cant pass up a free event:D

-Stephan

What part is free? Pay to eat, pay to dyno. Most places will let you sit in the parking lot for free :D

I may swing by since its close to home though and try some of this supposed award-winning BBQ.

1fstmsp 08-28-2008 12:11 PM

I am the founder of Team Four Door, I planned and organized everything but team four door is just one of many hosts for this event. The show is the free part, no registration cost to win some pretty sweet prizes such as Ink tailor tattoo gift cards for up to 150 dollars, tool time is donating stuff and will be there, modern performance is donating stuff, maybe sound waves as well plus more. Most shows you have to pay to enter your car. Granted this is no HIN, but still. And mitsustyle is not sponsoring this event to clear things up, But scheides was a nice guy and said i could post this up here so thank you sir. The food is not free, but the company doing it is doing this all for free so they are keeping the profit, not any of us. The will be cheap (price wise) and cars from MNSC, mnmazda, mnsubaru(host), MNSOC(host), mnnissan, tcstangs, Team Four Door(host), EP DC(host), and rice killers will be there and hopefully some of the DSM'ers will be there too! So it will be a good showing.

blageo23 08-28-2008 12:21 PM

Sounds fun, Ill probably show up.

1fstmsp 08-28-2008 12:28 PM

get kevin to come too!

GREASEMONKEY 08-28-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 253942)
What part is free? Pay to eat, pay to dyno. Most places will let you sit in the parking lot for free :D

I may swing by since its close to home though and try some of this supposed award-winning BBQ.

You have to pay to eat and dyno at just about any event, why would you think this would be any different.

And being that it's posted on just about every forum you would think that it will be a good turnout.

I don't mean to be an ass but its my .02

-Stephan

GREASEMONKEY 08-28-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fstmsp (Post 253965)
get kevin to come too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepydsm (Post 253895)
I'll be there :)

-

Kracka 08-28-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY (Post 253978)
You have to pay to eat and dyno at just about any event, why would you think this would be any different.

And being that it's posted on just about every forum you would think that it will be a good turnout.

I don't mean to be an ass but its my .02

-Stephan

I was making a joke since you posted seemingly making a big deal about how it was a "free" event. I understand how events and dyno-days are run but I do appreciate your 2-cents; I shall now buy some cheap candy with it :D

turbotalon1g 08-28-2008 04:33 PM

wow, i read this wrong on the other forums, i thought it was being put on by MAP.

kinda shady how you don't put the club name in the title, like "annual brown beat down" or something.

I can say that i haven't seen or heard anything good about the Team Four dr. but i will probably go, sounds like there will be some nice cars turning up.

Kracka 08-28-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 253999)
kinda shady how you don't put the club name in the title, like "annual brown beat down" or something.

When is that scheduled for? I'd like to mark it on my calendar!

ylimert01 08-28-2008 10:04 PM

I would also like to mark that on my calender(will bring bat) lol jk..I will be there sounds like should be a good showing seeing as its being put on by more than one club.

EclipseGST 08-28-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 254001)
When is that scheduled for? I'd like to mark it on my calendar!

Saturday at 8pm... Didnt you get the text? :D

He said BYOB... Bring Your Own Bat! Do you allow chains and whips too?

This sounds like a good meet. Good luck with it.