MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   lookin at a conquest (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24199)

DSM_brother2 08-26-2009 09:01 AM

lookin at a conquest

im goin to look at a 86 conquest tomorrow. i was wondering what to look for in the body. its got a little rust on the drivers side quarter and side skirt. what else should i look for? the motor is out of it but all comes wit it. i dont wanna buy a rotted out pos!!

FattyBoomBatty 08-26-2009 04:29 PM

Re: lookin at a conquest

frame rails, steering rag joint, seats get torn up, driveline noise (wiggle the driveshaft if it's even in the car). Look at the engine bay wiring for anything cut or chewed through. A lot of these cars sit in somebody's field or backyard for years at a time, and rodents call them home. Matching wheels are nice. e-brake cables like to freeze up, tail lights get cracked, fill with water and turn brown, it's awesome. some colors weren't clear coated, like red. See if it rolls.

All the other stuff is pretty normal. Check the gas tank to see if it smells like gas or varnish. And have fun.

DSM_brother2 08-26-2009 07:49 PM

does the undercarrage like to rot out? or are they solid?

FattyBoomBatty 08-27-2009 02:11 PM

just the frame rails under the front of the passenger compartment, and the rear fenders around the wheels.

DSM_brother2 08-27-2009 02:23 PM

ok. well im waitin on the guy to find the title, will update what happens

FattyBoomBatty 08-27-2009 03:12 PM

cool

DSM_brother2 08-27-2009 04:51 PM

does anyone kno if a bill of sale is good enough? he lost the title and his buddys name is on the title. but the guy is out of town. i was really ready to pick up. so i was wondering if a bill of sale is good enough, for me to file for a title?

asshanson 08-27-2009 04:57 PM

Sounds sketchy (getting the bill of sale from someone who isn't even on the title).

DSM_brother2 08-27-2009 05:43 PM

kinda what i thought. so i told him ill wait for him to find it. he bought it from his buddy but never transfered the title to his name, cuz it wasent running. so it kinda screwed me over. cuz if he would of transfered it he could go to the dmv and get one rushed

Kevin 1G Drummer 08-27-2009 06:55 PM

Yeah, if his name isn't on the title, he can't legally sell you the car. He would have to get "his buddy" to sign the title over to you.

TkrPerformance 08-27-2009 07:59 PM

his buddy will have to go to the dmv and get a replacement title sent out in his name then you can get it in your name. I would not do it any other way. there is no way to tell if he is lieing to you and it is stolen

DSM_brother2 08-27-2009 08:32 PM

ya for sure. gonna wait for a title

FattyBoomBatty 08-28-2009 07:30 PM

what be his name? (yargh)

mlomker 08-28-2009 07:39 PM

I loved checking out the Quests at the cookout. They've got some really nice lines on them. If I'm ever in the position to have a project car then I'll be looking for one.

FattyBoomBatty 08-28-2009 07:55 PM

cool, they are a pretty flexible platform, as in they will accept nearly any engine you want to put in them, they handle pretty well and can handle some really huge wheels (19x11 in the rear if you are a pimp).

TurboDomestics 08-29-2009 01:18 PM

That might be my old Quest. Did it have a bunch of body work done to it recently?

If it is, I sold it to Mike at QPR and he didnt transfer the title into his name but he sold the car to the person you are trying to buy it from. The problem is that when I sold the car I submitted that little thing at the bottom of the title to the DMV so it was forced into Mike at QPR's name.
If that makes any sense at all....

DSM_brother2 08-31-2009 07:34 PM

ha. maybe, i think he name might be mike. the guy said he was in new mexico this week??? and tryed to call him. but i havent heard from the guy for like 3 days...

88conquest 08-31-2009 10:02 PM

I am the guy TurboDomestics is talking about. I am going to the DMV later this week, and will put the car up for sale once I get the title in hand.

Like TurboDomestic said, I have had the body gone over and replaced one fender and also bought a new air dam. I also have had the car painted a metalic white. It has black leather interior and is in pretty good shape. I will try and get some pics up in the next day or so. I am looking to get rid of it before winter so I will be open to offers when the time comes.

There is no engine in it, but I am willing to throw in the 2.4 wideblock I picked up as part of the project. Again I will get some pics posted in the next day or so.

DSM_brother2 09-02-2009 11:06 PM

i think the one i was looking at had maroon interior. are you in webster wi?

jhaan_dude 09-03-2009 01:18 AM

that one in webster is gone, primo performance picked it up last week...its a hell of a project car...lots of work that needs to be done...