MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Everything Racing (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   MAPerformance Proving Grounds Weekend @ BIR June 22-24th (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31157)

carltalon 06-24-2012 07:40 PM

Re: MAPerformance Proving Grounds Weekend @ BIR June 22-24th

I beat my goal of 11.99 with a 11.842 @ 116. I was also pretty competitive in the stock apearing class. The last 6 cars were all mitsu's with the exception of a Nissan GTR. I got eliminated 1 round before the money not sure if it was 4th or 5th place. awsome day.

CornFed2.4 06-24-2012 08:05 PM

Good job dude always good to out do your goals.

Who won SA?

Fran05 06-24-2012 08:10 PM

I saw the evo crash, I was right there on the pit lane. There wasn't even a tire squeal or any hint of braking, full speed off the track and into the wall. He was also going very fast, I'd say in the area of 80-90mph, at least that is how fast I used to go there before braking into turn 13. Sideways into the grass, didn't look like it was going to hit the wall, but the impact has pushed two 3,000lbs concrete blocks away about 3 feet.

One of the staff's ran to the wreck of the silver evo as soon as it happened, and his brake fluid was still boiling...

You would think it would be better to go off track straight on into the tirewall and hit it with the front, car was going to be totalled anyway. Helmet + airbag = should be fine. However I had brakes fade (not even fail) on me at the track before. There was little time and panic probably overwhelmed him. I think it should be mandatory to have upgraded brake fluid for road racing, period.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3746/photo4ay.jpg

Tachyon 06-24-2012 08:17 PM

Wow, what a crazy weekend! Good time as always and all-ready planning on next year :)

The GT-R took SA with an 11.3

I took SA/U with an 11.5.

SA field was good, but the SA/U was stupid light, wish some more of you had been able to make it out!

DSM_brother2 06-24-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachyon (Post 409085)
Wow, what a crazy weekend! Good time as always and all-ready planning on next year :)

SA field was good, but the SA/U was stupid light, wish some more of you had been able to make it out!

congrats paul, wish i wouldnt of broke the tranny, even though you would of beat me in sa/u

ylimert01 06-24-2012 09:04 PM

I also was there for the crash but enough pics and vid have been posted. Was deff a scary sight to see. I ran autox for the first time ever and got 3rd in class and middle of the pack overall. I had a great time! minus loud douchebag keeping me up till 6am. I cant wait till next year. I have some vids but I need to figure out how to edit them together.

Fran05 06-24-2012 09:08 PM

^^ Did you have a white STi by chance?

ylimert01 06-24-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fran05 (Post 409091)
^^ Did you have a white STi by chance?

no black lgt. I was the skinny blond chick sitting on the bridge when the car was coming over on the dolly.

Fran05 06-24-2012 09:36 PM

Gotcha. There was a blonde in a white STi on the road course. She was getting some pretty good lap times in, I personally clocked her @ 1.57.44, which is pretty good for stage 1 STi and mostly suspension mods. I remember one legacy on gold BBS sti wheels, maybe that one was yours? Otherwise I remember one more lgt, but not 100% sure. My friend had a black 07 STi, I was riding with him.

Sparky2211 06-24-2012 09:36 PM

Emily, i was going to catch you as you walked past, but you were deep in convo with some other peeps. :)

turbotalon1g 06-24-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Bleeder!! (Post 409078)
Proving grounds was once again, a lot of fun.

That red megafast 2g is amazing. It seriously looks like a show car but moves out like mad. I saw it trap 167.

Marks 1g was looking good, i think he went 9.40@156?

also bringing my scooter up there was the best idea i've ever had!

There are a few vids of that thing trapping over 160 consistently, its a bad mother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carltalon (Post 409082)
I beat my goal of 11.99 with a 11.842 @ 116. I was also pretty competitive in the stock apearing class. The last 6 cars were all mitsu's with the exception of a Nissan GTR. I got eliminated 1 round before the money not sure if it was 4th or 5th place. awsome day.

Congrats, i'm happy for you, can't wait to see how much you improve this year.

Quote:

Thanks for posting, sounds like a good time. I wanted to run both classes if I came up. I'm thinking next year I won't be making a lot of changes unless I blow it up.
Tachyon, how did you like that TTS class or whatever it was called?

CornFed2.4 06-24-2012 10:09 PM

Yeah, the 2g is sick he trapped 171 a couple weeks ago.

Tachyon 06-24-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 409095)
Tachyon, how did you like that TTS class or whatever it was called?

I like the concept for sure, and wanted to do it to see how balanced my car really was for a drive-it-there-and-back street car. Overall, the car preformed well... just a few issues on the road course... However, I am a complete noob at turning a steering wheel, so I just felt so outclassed the whole time. I'll probably focus on individual events next year.

Mark Leasure 06-24-2012 10:19 PM

Too bad about the guy that crashed. The car was towed by the drag strip starting line when I was in the staging lanes, it was out right creepy.
I need to thank Kevin “Santa” for the backup fuel pump! I would have never run any fast passes without it. Great job MAP for another awesome PG event. It seemed like the turnout was larger than previous years. I had a great time hanging out with everyone.
I ran 3 back to back passes in the 9’s today.
Started out with a 9.58 @ 156, followed up by a 9.40 @ 156.68(My new et and MPH record), and then a 9.77 @ 150. The last pass I let off in 4th due to my lean alarm buzzer going off and I bogged the launch. I cut 2 consecutive high 1.4 60 foot times too. I got my ass handed to me by Devin’s red 2G in the king street unlimited finals. Anyone have any videos to post up?

Tachyon 06-24-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Leasure (Post 409099)
I cut 2 consecutive high 1.4 60 foot times too.

On a bone stock transfer case too!

boss.

jrohner 06-24-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

You mean he got an 11.3 at some point during the weekend.

I would've liked to have actually gotten a chance to race him (well I did NOT really WANT to, but it would've been cool).

jrohner 06-24-2012 11:55 PM

Awesome weekend, Thanks MAP and BIR!

I was very pleased with my results, and we couldn't have expected better weather (making the weekend even more awesome)! I am, however, confused on why I didn't get to actually run in the final -- I staged exactly the same as the other 14 passes.

Murlo26 06-25-2012 12:39 AM

Sounds like a great time, wish I could've made it. Congrats on winning the SA/U class Paul! Figured it would've been 11.1 area or faster that won it but nice job nonetheless! I'll make it next year!

ylimert01 06-25-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky2211 (Post 409094)
Emily, i was going to catch you as you walked past, but you were deep in convo with some other peeps. :)

you should have! I am never to busy to chat with others. thats what this weekend pretty much was I didnt spend much time with anyone group of people I tried to spread my time out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fran05 (Post 409093)
Gotcha. There was a blonde in a white STi on the road course. She was getting some pretty good lap times in, I personally clocked her @ 1.57.44, which is pretty good for stage 1 STi and mostly suspension mods. I remember one legacy on gold BBS sti wheels, maybe that one was yours? Otherwise I remember one more lgt, but not 100% sure. My friend had a black 07 STi, I was riding with him.

there were two black lgt's woth gold bb's wheels one was mine and one was on the drag sat/sun running pretty good times. Everyone kept coming up to me going "great times" getting me confused with the perosn.

Tachyon 06-25-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlo26 (Post 409106)
Sounds like a great time, wish I could've made it. Congrats on winning the SA/U class Paul! Figured it would've been 11.1 area or faster that won it but nice job nonetheless! I'll make it next year!

It should have been... but after seeing the field, I decided to just run wastegate pressure (17psi) and conserve the car for the road course. Very glad I did.