MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site News & Updates (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   MitsuStyle.com (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13137)

scheides 10-01-2006 03:33 PM

MitsuStyle.com

It's official! DSMStyle.com is switching its name to MitsuStyle.com! Over the last few months we have been working hard to improve various features of the site. Over the next few months we will be throwing up new logos, getting a few more sponsors, and by the time the 2007 season rolls around we will be fully switched over to the new site.

More and more members are throwing in the hat on their dsms to waste more money on other vehicles. While this has been true for quite sometime and some pick up old 1G or 2G 'projects' many have moved on to 3000GTs, Evos, and other Mitsubishi cars. DSMStyle.com is an established community. Rather than putting on blinders and focusing *only* on vehicles with a driver's side 4G63, we want to open up the doors and make this a resource for other Mitsubishi owners. Let's face it. All cars have transmission issues. Troubleshooting the clutch on a Stealth is very similar to troubleshooting the clutch on an Evo. We'll provide vehicle specific forums as needed, but as a wider-reaching community we'll be able to offer a wider range of technical know-how.

I really want this whole process to be influenced by the community that uses this site, not just one lone guy making random changes. If you have any comments or input you'd like to share, please post them here or feel free to PM any member of the admin team. Many of you have our phone numbers too, so feel free to call.

With that, if you have a 1G or 2G DSM, 1G or 2G 3/S, an Evo, or any other Mitsubishi, welcome to MitsuStyle.com!

Here's a quick peak at my cars over the last several years...anyone notice a pattern? ;) :
http://www.scheides.com/albums/talon...0851.sized.jpg
http://www.scheides.com/albums/2g/DSCF0044.sized.jpg
http://www.scheides.com/albums/evo8/DSC00621.sized.jpg

Swifty1638 10-01-2006 03:42 PM

Re: MitsuStyle.com

yep! they all need suspension!

-A. Swift

Swifty1638 10-01-2006 03:49 PM

I still gotta get used to this mitsustyle.com thing. It doesn't quite have the ring that dsmstyle.com does. Those of us who have the dsmstyle.com stickers on our car, do we get free mitsustyle.com stickers?

-A. Swift

HKSenilyks 10-01-2006 04:02 PM

MitsuStyle. So what are you guys going to stop being all super gay to the newbs with weak cars?

Halon 10-01-2006 04:06 PM

If you are changing it because a lot of the members on here have changed to a different car besides DSM's, well then lets change the name to www.mitsubmwhondalincolnchevystyle.com People didn't just leave DSM's, and get an evo. A lot of them moved on to completely different cars. I don't see a real good reason to change the name, unless you're looking to advertise the site on your evo, and don't want a sticker that says DSM on it. I don't have a big influence on decisions made on this site, but my humble opinion is that the change is dumb.

Matt D. 10-01-2006 04:28 PM

People moving on to other cars is not the entire reason for the change. After a lot of discussion we decided it was time to open our arms to other Mitsubishi models and somewhat redefine this place as being a Mitsubishi site, not just a DSM site.

AJ 10-01-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swifty1638
Those of us who have the dsmstyle.com stickers on our car, do we get free mitsustyle.com stickers?

-A. Swift

Sorry to say, no. The fact is we aren't losing the DSMStyle name entirely. It's just going to be a section of what we will build up as MitsuStyle.com

AJ 10-01-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKSenilyks
MitsuStyle. So what are you guys going to stop being all super gay to the newbs with weak cars?

You making this reference to the admin team that doesn't do this. And frankly, yes, we will put a cap on some of the bitching that goes on here about the new members. That does not mean will will open the door to those who are 18 and type like a 2 year old.

AJ 10-01-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ju-on
If you are changing it because a lot of the members on here have changed to a different car besides DSM's, well then lets change the name to www.mitsubmwhondalincolnchevystyle.com People didn't just leave DSM's, and get an evo. A lot of them moved on to completely different cars. I don't see a real good reason to change the name, unless you're looking to advertise the site on your evo, and don't want a sticker that says DSM on it. I don't have a big influence on decisions made on this site, but my humble opinion is that the change is dumb.

MitsuStyle just opens up the doors fro us in several areas. It will allow us to expand with and for our vendors. Also gives us the ability to give new vendors a reason to sign up (Wheel & Tint location, and Detail Location). For all we know, we will never get a 3G member or 4G owner to sign up. People will stick to MN3S and MN EVO cause they are great sites and resources in themselves. We are just giving ourselves the chance to build something bigger and better out of something that has been good for so long.

DSMStyle has been my baby for so long and I never thought it would end up being what is is. Neither did many others who have come and gone since then. But look at it now.. 15 million hits a month. Lets give this baby a chance to succeed as well. We have the team and member base to do it.

1ViciousGSX 10-01-2006 05:04 PM

Oh how I remember the old days,...........

I've been though 3 major site changes here, I'm sure we will all survive this one too.

Tauni 10-01-2006 05:30 PM

Well personally, I don't like the name. To me it just doesn't have the same ring, as has been said earlier. But I really like the ideas coming out of it. I like that its going to be more mitsu based. It seems like a much better idea for more people. And if what I'm kind of picking up from what all you are saying, the expansion should be great!

AJ 10-01-2006 05:35 PM

The name will become a normal as our current name. It's not going to change on how people refer to the site. It's always "Hey, are you on style?".

AJ 10-01-2006 05:35 PM

The name will become a normal as our current name. It's not going to change on how people refer to the site. It's always "Hey, are you on style?".

Tauni 10-01-2006 05:38 PM

Yah, that I can see. So are you going to change your name to MitsuStyle then? LOL or leave it DSMStyle?

sleepydsm 10-01-2006 05:47 PM

I think it will be for the better.

Matt D. 10-01-2006 05:50 PM

You would think that after all this time Allan would have learned to not double post. :)

AJ 10-01-2006 06:30 PM

See, not much will change. ;)

FattyBoomBatty 10-01-2006 06:51 PM

Hey, when it changes, can I moderate a Starquest forum? Not to wave my undies in the wind or anything but I'd say I'm the local authority.

AJ 10-01-2006 06:54 PM

Right now, I wouldn't even say we'd have a seperate forum for that.

Maybe look like this:

MitsuStyle.com

DSMStyle

EVOStyle

3SStyle

Other

Ect Ect.

Shane55113 10-01-2006 07:05 PM

JDMstyle lol. j/k