MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Airplane Tickets (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9174)

Jakey 10-12-2005 10:38 AM

Airplane Tickets

I'm hoping to start pricing a flight to Florida for spring break. A good friend of mine is moving just outside of Miami in December and I'm planning on visiting him over spring break. I'll probably be looking to fly out of Des Moines. Plus while I'm down there I may venture off and visit Barton and Vicious too. Any of you have good/bad experiences with the variety of online ticket agents?

Orbitz?
Priceline?
Expedia?

Thanks

tim 10-12-2005 10:58 AM

Re: Airplane Tickets

www.studentuniverse.com

You have to be a student and have a valid school e-mail address. Plane tickets to North Carolina for me were $60 cheaper than any of the sites you listed in your first post.

Kracka 10-12-2005 11:10 AM

www.expedia.com and www.cheaptickets.com have both been good to me, never a problem with either one for hotels, flights, cars, etc.

Onefast99gsx 10-12-2005 11:16 AM

I've used Travelocity before. Went to San Fran 3 years ago from Chicago for $126 Round Trip!!!

Hotwire.com is another one to add to your list.

What i did was created a profile and then you can set limit amounts, so if a certain price falls below whatever your trigger point is, it will email you. I doubt ever I will ever be able to fly for $126 again though.

BuildADSM 10-12-2005 12:04 PM

expedia and cheaptickets seem to be good.
also did vicious move? or do you relize how far LA is from the majority of FL.
Stuart

Shane@DBPerformance 10-12-2005 12:46 PM

Vicious moved to Florida too.

LaunchHard 10-12-2005 12:51 PM

All you have to watch out for is them giving you crazy five hour layovers in some out-of-the-way city.

Jakey 10-12-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuildADSM
expedia and cheaptickets seem to be good.
also did vicious move? or do you relize how far LA is from the majority of FL.
Stuart

Wow, long time stranger.

Thanks for all the info fellas!

tpunx99GSX 10-12-2005 02:46 PM

I use orbitz when i fly usually. Pretty good priceing, and usually some nice layovers in Vegas. LOL

TkrPerformance 10-12-2005 07:11 PM

my buddys mom got my team ticket for FL last week for oct 26- nov1 for world cup (paintball) got round trip,car rental,hotel for 288.00

JET 10-12-2005 09:56 PM

I have used hotwire and orbitz, both were good.

Goat Blower 10-13-2005 03:03 PM

I checked all the sites and ended up just getting mine from NWA. I didn't want any layovers and I needed a flight out the same day as my wife's. Pricing still wasn't too bad for a last minute round trip to Phoenix.