MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   FP Black Rebuild (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35483)

311evo 01-26-2016 11:45 PM

FP Black Rebuild

My goal is to avoid converting to Ball bearing. It has a little shaft play but was still in good working order when I stopped using it. There was a vendor on here that mentioned they could rebuild it..but that was a couple years ago and I didn't get a response to my inquiry with them.

Anybody have any suggestions I could check out, relatively local? Otherwise I'll just accept the long D of FP Performance and ship it off.

evotuner 01-27-2016 02:05 AM

Re: FP Black Rebuild

Midwest Turbo Connection is the local rebuilder in WI. Or you can rebuild it yourself and have Midwest do the balancing for you, that's the biggest part. Up to you....Or FP haha

Goat Blower 01-27-2016 08:45 AM

I'd go with FP, they've been very fair on the rebuilds I've needed, except the Evo Red that couldn't be repaired. :(

311evo 01-27-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evotuner (Post 459960)
Midwest Turbo Connection is the local rebuilder in WI. Or you can rebuild it yourself and have Midwest do the balancing for you, that's the biggest part. Up to you....Or FP haha

I checked out their website a bit, I'll give them a call and see what they think. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goat Blower (Post 459962)
I'd go with FP, they've been very fair on the rebuilds I've needed, except the Evo Red that couldn't be repaired. :(

That'll be my last option since it's probably cost me almost as much as new one. I doubt they'd want to re-use by housing and stuff like that. I'm almost considering going to a non-stock frame set up, but would lose out on not selling/using this one.

Goat Blower 01-27-2016 01:18 PM

Do you have the old style Evo housing that everyone wants? If so, they'll happily rebuild that. Looking at my receipt from last year, they were getting $597.50 for the rebuild including a new HTA wheel. Since they don't make that Evo turbine housing anymore, they're new Black pricing is not comparable.

311evo 01-27-2016 02:36 PM

Was yours a ball bearing version? Mine is the old housing I'm pretty sure.

evotuner 01-27-2016 05:07 PM

To rebuild an MHI Green I had with the older wheel design they charged me $800. New CHRA with new wheels. Same hotside and comp cover but machining was done for the bigger wheels they offer on Green now.

turbotalon1g 01-27-2016 06:49 PM

Check out form and function performance on facebook tell them I sent you.

Good luck.

Goat Blower 01-27-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311evo (Post 459967)
Was yours a ball bearing version? Mine is the old housing I'm pretty sure.

No, std journal bearing.