MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Intros/Bios (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Hi (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34911)

ViewAskew 01-30-2015 09:39 AM

Hi

Just want to say hi and introduce myself. I live in Iowa but was invited to the All Mitsu Cookout by M-Rod over on thegalantcenter and had a blast with my family. Such an awesome experience and everybody was so nice and inviting. Noticed a couple people wearing shirts with this website and figured I'd join to try to stay up to date with what's happening up there because my wife loves Minnesota.Anyways, gott back into the car scene around a year and a half ago with the purchase of my 02 Galant. I bought it off my friend with the 6g74 swap already done with high compression pistons, cams out of the 6g72, headers, full exhaust, and a tune to get it running. Replaced the suspension with KYB AGX struts and Eibach Pro Line springs. Also have full Prothane bushing kit to go on it. Hoping to have a 5 speed swap done this spring then have it repainted as the body is pretty beat up. Earlier last year my wife's daughter decided she wanted to sell her 97 GSX. This was her baby and my son's dream car. She got tired of the the way the car was back in 06/07 and told her husband she wanted something different for it. (He's the one that built my Galant) So they scoured the internet and saw that the 6a12tt out of a JDM Galant had the same bell housing. At that time nobody had done the swap to the best of their knowledge so the set out to find one. A whole front clip was found down in Texas so they got a trailer and headed that way. He had the motor in pretty fast but the electrical took a while because he wired in the JDM ecu because he didn't want to deal with stand alone. Once that was done, one of the turbos blew so he ordered a new one from Asia that took 6 months to get. After getting that one in the other one went so he decided to upgrade them to TD03's off of a 8g VR4. Got those in and running with a FMIC. Then gutted the interior sourcing black pieces and painting others. Had the seats wrapped in black leather with red inserts. Dropped the suspension with Tokico Illumina struts and springs. Ran a 4" exhaust back to a Magnaflow muffler. Looking to finish the interior and replacing brakes soon then on to trying to get parts from RPW. Also wanting to figure out how to tune it without going standalone and that's one of the reasons I wanted to join the forum. That and all the awesome people that we meet at the All Mitsu Cookout. Well this is long winded so thanks for allowing me to join this community.

JET 01-30-2015 10:49 AM

Re: Hi

Wow, that is a wall of text. Welcome we have another Galant guy or 2 around here.

AwdGSX13 01-30-2015 12:41 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

curt_gendron 01-30-2015 01:21 PM

Welcome to the board. When I saw your car at the All Mitsu Cookout I had to do a triple take. I had never seen anyone put a Mitsu V6 in a DSM. Very unique. Here is a pic of it in case others are curious:

http://i.imgur.com/BhDkC0Z.jpg

later,
Curt

A//// Guy 01-30-2015 01:25 PM

Hola!

AwdGSX13 01-30-2015 01:28 PM

yeah that's something I've never seen before. Cool idea

asshanson 01-30-2015 02:04 PM

I remember seeing that Eclipse, but I didn't notice the Iowa plates.
Wait, did I meet you at the Karl's cars and coffee last Fall? I remember meeting a father & son there who were at the Mitsu cookout.

ViewAskew 01-30-2015 02:50 PM

Yes, that was us at Karl's. My son is still talking about your Noble. And thanks to Curt and the volunteers that put on the Cookout. That was probably the first vacation my family has gone on that all 4 of us had a good time. Hopefully it happens again this year and we can make it up to other events as well.

Kracka 01-30-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViewAskew (Post 452567)
Yes, that was us at Karl's. My son is still talking about your Noble. And thanks to Curt and the volunteers that put on the Cookout. That was probably the first vacation my family has gone on that all 4 of us had a good time. Hopefully it happens again this year and we can make it up to other events as well.

Sounds to me like you need to get signed up for the Spring Cruise! We'll be caravaning from Des Moines the Friday morning beforehand.

http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34882

evotuner 01-30-2015 07:36 PM

Welcome sir!

turbotalon1g 01-30-2015 07:42 PM

Welcome.

Matt's galant is surprisingly quick, caught me off guard at powercruise.

TkrPerformance 01-30-2015 07:48 PM

welcome.
my buddy put the same engine in a rhd evo4 swapped 5g mirage

cmspaz 01-31-2015 08:29 AM

I remember chatting with you at the cookout for a while. That's an awesome swap!

mdost03 01-31-2015 02:17 PM

Welcome! Very cool project, I remember seeing it at the Cookout as well.