MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning/Electrical (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   What to do next?? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27586)

Perkul8r 08-14-2010 07:45 PM

What to do next??

So i have been replacing just all the little things on the car that needed it. And i have been doing some of the free mods. So far, i have hacked the maf, removed emissions, egr block off, and will be doing the fuel pump rewire. I need to replace the upper and lower intercooler piping, its cracked pretty bad, but i have those coming.

I jsut dont know for sure what to do next, so thought i would ask.

There is so much i want to do, but not sure which way to go now.
Thanks for any advice.

turbotalon1g 08-14-2010 07:56 PM

Re: What to do next??

Hacking the maf is one of the worse things you could do, its not 1998.

vfaq.com

replace broken stuff, do maintenance, then mbc, exhaust, FMIC, save for tuning software.

talonite 08-14-2010 08:01 PM

x2 on the maintenance you can do all the mods in the world but if you dont take care of the simple stuff it will hurt you

Perkul8r 08-14-2010 08:10 PM

I have already done all maintence that i can think of. I just replaced head, timing belt, timing components, water pump, oil changed, filters. replaced vacuum lines, etc. Besides replacing the intercooler hoses. And i already have the exhaust taken care of, megan downpipe, custom side exit exhaust, and i already have a MBC. Sorry, I didnt mean to say hacked. I just removed the that little silencer filter on it.

Is a fmic really nessecery? i am not looking to make tons of power.

As for tuning, i was looking into a DSM link. My only question is will the new V3 lite be fine? i actually have enough to get that right now. I am very new, to say the least, to tuning. And actually have never done it. So i dont really trust myself.

123abc 08-14-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perkul8r (Post 353429)
Is a fmic really nessecery? i am not looking to make tons of power.

I think it is. At least get a bigger one than the stock sidemount. My friend's stock sidemount was not doing anything even with a 14b at 16psi.

TkrPerformance 08-14-2010 09:08 PM

link light will do just fine. it works great on the evo 3 just the light vr. running a set of 1600cc and e85

turbotalon1g 08-14-2010 09:19 PM

Get a small FMIC and you won't have to worry about it, but a stock sidemount will even heatsoak with a 14b at 15+psi.
This should work, even up to 16G on E85:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7550720_n.jpg

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27513

Perkul8r 08-14-2010 11:33 PM

you have a pm sir.

Perkul8r 08-15-2010 06:58 PM

So i finished up one thing today, and that was the emission removal. My only question is now that i did that, at idle the car runs very rich according to my wideband. At idle it is in the high 16's low 17's. But if i give it gas it richens out right away. Is this normal? I read that one of the things i removed was a fuel pressure solenoid, and that all it did was increase fuel pressure on start up.

I went by the taboo speed shop diagram except on how to run the MBC and wastegate.

Thanks for any help.

asshanson 08-16-2010 11:31 AM

You probably have a boost leak after removing the emissions. Maybe you forgot to hook up a hose or there is a leak in one?

Perkul8r 08-16-2010 12:53 PM

I used all new hoses, and i dont think i missed anything. I have checked it twice. I am gonna build a boost leak tester tonight, and try that. See if i can find it. Thanks for the answer.

GG_9_SE 08-16-2010 06:26 PM

wow finaly a newbie who has some common sense, and doesnt take advice for granted +1 to you sir :sport017:

Perkul8r 08-16-2010 06:59 PM

So just got done doing MBL test. And the only thing that is leaking is the throttle position sensor. It leaks pretty good. I couldn't actually find it, but i could hear it so i used some warm soapy water and sprayed all around every connector and hose fitting. And so far that is the only place that bubbles up. Could that cause this problem? Thanks.

i forgot that it was leaking through the valve cover vent. i capped it and it stopped

19TsiAwd90 08-16-2010 07:13 PM

i think this is common mine bubbles too, i dont think that is your problem, what does your wideband say when driving??

Perkul8r 08-16-2010 07:33 PM

Well, first off, you guys point and laugh. When I went out and double checked everything i was looking at vacuum lines. And today after looking real hard i did find on electrical connector undone. So i redid that. And now its not as bad. After startup its still high 15's at idle-not sure if this is where it would be-But it doesn't get as bad as it did before. And as far as how it is driving i aint sure. I didn't want to drive it with the AFR's being so lean. I will try driving it soon though. Oh, i also reinstalled the fuel pressure solenoid. Seems like it kinda made the afr's a little worse. But seems as how I dont have AFPR should i leave that on? Thanks again for the help.

19TsiAwd90 08-16-2010 07:39 PM

well, when you rev it what does it go to? 14.7 is ideal i think once warmed up, sooo 16 is pretty lean try reving it or take it down the block and back, just don't get boost happy lol. and see what the afr is then

you could try resetting your fuel trims too by disconnecting the neg battery cable

Perkul8r 08-16-2010 08:04 PM

So i just took it for a drive. Had to go get food. lol. While driving at 30 mph in 3rd gear, the afr's are from 14.8-15.4. I ran it up just a little in first to see what the afr's get to and it was way rich. Like right around 10.9. It jumps around alot at idle, usually still around the 15.4 range.

19TsiAwd90 08-16-2010 08:14 PM

well its a little lean but i think it's fine and 10.9 is normal at WOT if anyhting maybe it could use a tune

Perkul8r 08-16-2010 08:18 PM

Well, i plan on trying to pick up turbotalon's fmic, and than after that a dsm link V3. So hopefully i can get it tuned before to long.

19TsiAwd90 08-16-2010 08:50 PM

yup good plan, but i would get link first =/ that's just me