MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project Lex (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28018)

Halon 09-27-2010 08:23 PM

Project Green Bean (aka: Teh Bean)

10 Attachment(s)
NO SH^T!!!

Well the Talon is gone. So time for my new project. Like I had said previous, I was looking for a more "mature" toy. Something a little more comfy, little more displacement, etc.

So today I received my "new to me" 1992 Lexus SC300. Had it shipped from Normal, IL. Here's the actual ebay add that I won :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123
Just driving it home, I already love it. I didn't feel every single crack/pot hole in the road, the engine just seems smooth and has a nice tone to it. The engine looks like it was recently detailed, it's clean enough to eat off of. There's a couple door dings, and a small amount of sun/paint fade on the front bumper, and a very small amount of surface rust underneath the car, but overall I was suprised with how clean it was! I think this is going to be a perfect fit for what I was looking for, in my price range. The leather must be recently re-covered also because it's in brand new condition (which ever other one I've looked at usually atleast the drivers seat is worn).

Some basic info of the car:

1992 Lexus SC300
Exterior: Royal Jade
Factory 5-Speed
2JZ-GE stock Inline 6 (10:1 comp)
Heated Leather Seats
Memory seating
Only Mods are:
- Supra brakes
- Supra rims
- Eibach Pro-Kit w/ Supra struts/shocks
- Pionner CD-Deck
- 2 Kenwood amps
- 2 10" Kenwood subs
- Capacitor
- 8K HID's

Other than that, pretty much stock. The bads of the car are:
- A/C doesn't work
- LCD Climate Control screen is bad (replacement screen already in my garage)
- Brakes feel warped
- A few minor cosmetic things that will be dealt with over time

The basic plans for the car are
- Replace 8K HID bulbs with something more normal (probably 4300)
- Rip out ghetto bass, sell on CL, and put a new cleaner stereo setup in
- SC400 front lip
- Borg Warner S300sx 84/75 (.91A/R Divided T4)
- Standalone (probably AEM)
- Tranny situation is still up in the air (6-spd vs. Auto)
- E85
- Stock Motor, Stock Comp Ratio (10:1)
- MAP Ultimate Duty L19 Headstuds
- Whatever else is needed to support that turbo setup.

My goals are to first just make sure all necessary maintenance is done, and the car is running in as tip-top of shape as it can be. Once that is done, make it a comfy street car, but with enough power that it can still get some occasional street ownage, and the occasional drag strip visit. I know DB's dyno seems to read different between AWD and RWD, but going by the lower numbers that we are used to, I'm aiming for the equivalent to 600hp on that dyno, which would be something like 700hp at MAP or something like that.

I plan on trying to take my time, not rush this project, and get it done over a period of time (not happening over night). Sometimes on the Talon, I feel like I rushed certain things, but on this one I want to make sure I take the extra time to do things as good as I can.

It's kind of interesting because I'm starting on a new platform that I knew nothing about 3 months ago. I've been reading up a ton, and it's tough starting over as a complete newb again. Pretty sure I've already annoyed the hell out of Shane, and am probably on track to soon do the same to Mo and Cher. But I just want to say a big thanks to those guys for listening to my questions.

Anyhow, enough rambling, on to some pics. Enjoy :)

Purchased Mods

LCD Climate Control Display (repair)
MAP Ultimate Duty L19 Headstuds
S300sx 84/75 Turbo - .91AR Div T4 (thanx MAP)
Hallman MBC (Talon left-over)
China-bay GPS Double-Din head unit (ebay)

Halon 09-27-2010 08:25 PM

Re: Project Lex

8 Attachment(s)
And more pics. This is all I have for now. Plan to give the exterior a good clean/wax when I have some time.

A//// Guy 09-27-2010 08:40 PM

WOOT! Finally they got it to ya! haha

That things way cleaner than the other pics showed. That interior looks like new! Nice!

slowbubblecar 09-27-2010 08:45 PM

Nice. I don't think there is much of a difference in dyno numbers between MAP and DB if you are 2wd. At DB, my car put down about what I expected on a dynojet.

awd-drifter 09-27-2010 08:47 PM

For that price, damn that is a sweet deal Brandon! thing looks P.I.M.P!

polishmafia 09-27-2010 08:49 PM

The interior looks spotless, and the rest of the car looks much better than the eBay listing. Have fun, this looks like an awesome project!!!

scheides 09-27-2010 09:50 PM

Can't wait to see what you do with this thing. The fact that you were mega into DSMs and this car comes from Normal, IL is just plain creepy.

craig 09-27-2010 09:51 PM

Looks good, cant wait to see it once the turbo set up is on it.

95talonracer 09-27-2010 10:31 PM

Nice that it actually came today! Cant wait to see where it goes. 2jz FTW!

Febo 09-27-2010 10:46 PM

Woo, my 2JZ brother!!!

TkrPerformance 09-27-2010 11:07 PM

sweet car and color

Halon 09-27-2010 11:28 PM

Thanks everyone! Yeah it's a bit scary buying something online like this, without ever having seen it before. I bought my Talon the same way online, but never even saw a pic of it. At least this guy sent me tons of pics, but I still wasn't expecting any kind of gem. But really, this thing is pretty deng clean. Not perfect by any means, but after going through it, it really exceeded everything I was expecting out of it. Same when I had bought my Talon, so I got lucky twice with my online car purchases in my eyes.

And yeah the Normal, IL thing is kinda ironic :) But anyhow, just gotta get the sucker registered now, some insurance on it, and probably just enjoy it for the rest of the fall as it sits, and let the building begin over winter.

I will treat it like I did my Talon. It will stay as rust free as possible, so it will see very little, to no winter roads at all. Gotta keep her clean and as rust free as possible :)

asshanson 09-27-2010 11:59 PM

Awesome project, looking forward to updates this winter.

Goat Blower 09-28-2010 12:05 AM

It's clean in person, even at night. :D

Boy, the seller took it in the shorts seeing he wanted $5500 out of it. :lol:

At-Least-It's-An-Evo 09-28-2010 12:24 AM

Nice! He redid the interior leather. Glad you FINALLY got it though.

turbotalon1g 09-28-2010 02:48 AM

Badass, can't wait to see this

goodhart 09-28-2010 07:03 AM

Bout time! haha Nice car man!

Kracka 09-28-2010 07:07 AM

Looks great, the interior looks perfect!

98gstaherns 09-28-2010 07:14 AM

Very clean car! Nice lil find there! So is it done yet?? lol

rose0529 09-28-2010 07:27 AM

Looks good! Can't wait to see where you take it!