MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   manifold advice? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17694)

HiImBrian 11-24-2007 06:22 PM

manifold advice?

I'm in the market for a new exhaust mani and I was wondering if anybody had any good advice. I've got a ported 2g mani and it's got a small crack. I'm running a pte 50 trim and I want something big to help spool up.

v8klla 11-24-2007 06:23 PM

Re: manifold advice?

If you are looking tubular DNP has worked pretty well for us, but for Mitsu bolt on the FP cast is a great option...

Chris

HiImBrian 11-24-2007 07:03 PM

Well the dnp wouldn't work because I'm running a wg off the o2 housing already. I really like the FPs, how much are you guys selling them for? They are usually pretty pricey i though

v8klla 11-24-2007 07:19 PM

They had some crazy deal running on them so its cheaper than the normal $325, do me a favor and shoot me a pm and I can touch base with them Monday and get you a price, thanks!

iceminion 11-25-2007 11:57 AM

I highly recommend this from personal esperience http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/...cat=588&page=1

wont ever crack, can use a factory heat shield, cheap, it will never be the restriction in your turbo system

HiImBrian 11-25-2007 02:13 PM

^Yea that looks nice. I really have no need for the wg flange, but I do like how it leaves the option open. I'll keep this in mind.

Super Bleeder!! 11-25-2007 02:32 PM

Just on principle alone you should buy an FP product before a slowboy one.

Jakey 11-25-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceminion (Post 218157)
I highly recommend this from personal esperience http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/...cat=588&page=1

wont ever crack, can use a factory heat shield, cheap, it will never be the restriction in your turbo system

There are reports all over the net of Slowboy manifolds cracking, even the newest versions.

+1 for the FP manifold

HiImBrian 11-25-2007 07:27 PM

Yea I think I'll just keep an eye open for a used fp mani. Thanks guys

Kevin 1G Drummer 11-25-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceminion (Post 218157)

Why would you recommend anything from them?

SBR_240sx 11-26-2007 10:17 AM

We have not had a single one of the new manifolds crack in over a year. The old ones did crack and we replaced every single one that was brought back to us.

HiImBrian 11-26-2007 11:16 AM

^but if I buy a mani from you I might get banned LOL or ppl will hate me haha jk

and the other thing is, you guys only have one manifold out from what I see. I don't really need the extra flange for a wg considering I'm running mine off the o2 housing. So it kinda seems like I might as well just get a nicely ported 2g or something.

SBR_240sx 11-26-2007 03:03 PM

Yea some people on here hate me but it doesnt bother me. I just try to answer tech questions and sale the occasional part.

HiImBrian 11-26-2007 03:38 PM

Yea I was kidding about that. Sure some ppl may hate sbr but I was way too lazy to read that whole thread and therefore I don't really know why nor do I really care. But in the end, weather I hate you guys or not, you don't really have a manifold for my specific application. Thanks though.

Shane@DBPerformance 11-26-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX (Post 218064)
I'm running a pte 50 trim and I want something big to help spool up.

You want a big manifold or a big turbo? Bigger and longer runners make spoolup worse.

JET 11-26-2007 04:33 PM

Yep, you want the smallest manifold available to help spoolup.

HiImBrian 11-26-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoli (Post 218378)
You want a big manifold or a big turbo? Bigger and longer runners make spoolup worse.

I meant big ports sorry.

Jakey 11-26-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR_240sx (Post 218317)
The old ones did crack and we replaced every single one that was brought back to us.

You forgot to add in your warranty disclaimer. It's always entertaining to look at the pictures on Toonerz of SBR manifolds cracking.

Shane@DBPerformance 11-26-2007 05:17 PM

Big ports/runners usually equal more lag. Most of the weld-el manifolds out there have bigger inner diameter runners than the outer diameter of the manifold that I had on my car when it 700whp. I have seen some Honda eBay turbo manifolds lately that have runners that are much bigger than the weld-el manifolds, they look like they were made to support 2000whp, but are normally found on 250whp cars. In general, anything before the turbo or after the turbo that is bigger will give less lag, like bigger downpipe/exhaust and bigger air intake pipe and filter. While anything made bigger in the loop from the turbo back to the turbo, will give more lag, like FMIC, intake manifold, ported head, aftermarket intake manifold, etc(except for displacement). I have seen 1000RPM quicker spool on a car from going from a fancy longer runner topmount turbo manifold top to a non-equal length shorties manifold and topend power wasn't any different.

SBR_240sx 11-26-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakey (Post 218384)
You forgot to add in your warranty disclaimer. It's always entertaining to look at the pictures on Toonerz of SBR manifolds cracking.

We dont have a " warranty disclamer ". If it cracks bring it back to us and we will give you a new one. Simple as that. Sorry you have a bad opinion of us because the old sales guys " screwed you over ".