MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   House Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

Halon 07-23-2007 08:57 PM

Re: House Projects

3 Attachment(s)
Starting to move in :)

And ya, no comments on my vintage bedroom set from my step mom. I will be purchasing a new bedroom set here soon so SHUSH!! ;)

I slept down there last night, and took the first shit in the new bathroom. Woo hoo!!!

Enes 07-23-2007 09:10 PM

Good job...

last 2 years i finished my basement completely.. lots of freaken work..

List of last few projects.

1. Finished complete basement
a. framed
b. ran electircal
c. hardwired network/phone/satelite
d. plumbed
e. sheatrocked
f. hardwood floor
g. painted
h. tiled
2. organized garage
3. installed sprinklers
4. landscaped front yard
5. landscaped the yard at my other property

Still to do before the end of the year.
1. Deck
2. rebuild an engine
3. do landscape at another property
4. do awd swap

Halon 07-23-2007 10:52 PM

Thanks! Ya, it is a lot of work. Look how long it took me to do just this tiny bedroom and bathroom! haha, not that I was working hard core at it, but still took a lot longer, and was more work then I originally thought. But after it's all said and done, I'm pretty proud! There are imperfections here and there, but I don't mind the little imperfections. It was a great learning experience, and turned out pretty well all said and done I think!

Enes 07-23-2007 10:59 PM

here are few albums of some of my projects, i wish i would of taken more pics of all the projects but i didn't, still need to take some pics of finished landscape.

http://www.enesg.com/gallery/v/Family/House/

Jakey 07-23-2007 11:10 PM

I close on my first house on Friday. I spent 4 hours yesterday cleaning with my girlfriend, her parents, and her aunt & uncle but still have a long ways to go. Once I actually take possession, the priority projects are going to be finish cleaning, wiring in my surround sound, gutting all of the current landscaping, and gutting the 1/2 bathroom off of the master bedroom. The garage is also going to be rewired with (3) 220 volt outlets for toys. :D

Enes 07-23-2007 11:25 PM

Grats Jakey...

be ready for no more free time! There is always something to do around the house!!!

-E

Halon 08-01-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enes (Post 202476)
Grats Jakey...

be ready for no more free time! There is always something to do around the house!!!

-E

Quoted for TRUTH!

I got this house for 15k less the the other ones in the same complex were going for, simply because it needs a little work. That bedroom was the worst condition area in the whole house, and didn't even cost 1k to do everything I did. The rest of the house still has things it needs, but I was definately willing to save 15k just because it needed a little work done, plus I can redo it how I want it.

My next project will be to redo the entry way floor. I like tile, but I haven't decided yet if I am going to do tile or just vinyl linoleum flooring for the entry way. I was planning on tile, but I am leaning towards vinyl linoleum now because it's an area that sees a lot of traffic and gets dirty, and I think vinyl will be easier to clean, don't have to worry about dirty grout and what not.

After that, I am going to completely redo the main level. New carpet, new kitchen flooring, either shorten one of the counters, or just eliminate the counter all together and get an Island instead. That project may get a bit spendy, so I'll be saving for a little while before I do that!

Scrmegl 08-02-2007 09:26 PM

You can do colored grout and then seal it with a penetrating sealer. it looks stylish and doesn't show darkening as much. Sheet Vinyl is easier to clean though. If you do get a real linoleum make sure it is away from direct sunlight and solvents and chemicals do not come in there (like from the garage)

92EvilTalon 08-03-2007 09:01 AM

Wow Enes you wired your hole house? I think thats what you said. How much did that server set up cost ya and what speed is that? I see you have cable.

AJ 08-25-2007 09:15 AM

I can't wait to start adding to this thread! I think a home forum might be a good idea. ;) lol

Anyone have any tips for removing outlets (too low in the basement), patching the holes in the drywall, and then adding new outlets.

Halon 08-25-2007 02:38 PM

Ha, ya start a house forum! Once it's all done, it's so nice to be able to say you did it all yourself. Good luck with it Allan, and let us know if you ever need help with anything.

AJ 08-25-2007 02:53 PM

Oh I'm sure we'd need help with everything. ;) Got some good advice today about renting a lift for the drywall for the ceiling downstairs so we will be doing that.

Seems like I am shooting for too much to get done that first weekend, but who knows. lol

AJ 10-01-2007 09:49 PM

Well I will start putting some of our goodies up in here now. The place is coming along very awesome like.

This post is all about taking an open bedroom downstairs and turning it into a full scale bedroom with big walk in closet and adding new outlets.

This is what the room looked like when we bought it:

http://thedahlens.com/gallery/Basement-Bedroom/IMG_0361

This is close to what it looks like now (outlets are already wired in now, pics of that coming soon).

http://thedahlens.com/gallery/Basement-Bedroom/IMG_0441

Here is the entire album of pics on this room currently:

http://thedahlens.com/gallery/Basement-Bedroom?page=1

And this is just the changes to one room in a matter of 48 hours for the most part. I'm stoked to be able to do some of the shit myself, and having friends (and even neighbors) help with other stuff. Chris has been a HUGE part of this process. And we've had help with all sort of misc work from Anna, Nash, Mark, Brian, Julie, and others. It's been a process and we can't wait to have our first BBQ.

Halon 10-02-2007 07:18 AM

Sweet man. I just paid off my Home Depot card a couple days ago from all the crap I bought for my room. Next time that I'm going to be home for a decent amount of time, my entry way is next on the list! Let me know if you need help with anything!

polishmafia 10-02-2007 08:04 AM

holy crap the downstairs room is coming along nicely!

Enes 10-02-2007 09:23 AM

while you have all the stuff off run cat5e everywhere, at least 1 line to each room.

A//// Guy 10-02-2007 09:31 AM

Nice work so far!! That wood paneling was horrid.. lol

btw if you want to save some energy costs, insolate those cement walls with these styrofoam panels you can buy at nards. Make sure to pain the cement with that anti-moisture paint though, so you dont get any water issues behind.

AJ 10-02-2007 09:44 AM

I've got a box of 1000ft of Cat5e cableready to run to both rooms downstairs.

And we are isulating the walls with foam and also the ceiling.

Jana 10-02-2007 08:09 PM

For those who were here Friday night to see the house, you'll be happy to hear I was able to get all the painting done. I couldn't have done it without the help of my Mom, and Anna was over for quite a while to helping paint & peel all the ugly borders off the bedroom walls.

We'll hopefully have more pictures up in the next couple of days. :D

JET 10-03-2007 02:22 AM

Looking good guys!