MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Nightfury (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36034)

rose0529 12-11-2019 12:33 PM

Nightfury

We sold the WRX and purchased a Tesla Model 3 Performance (stealth).

We ordered a standard dual motor Model 3 at the end of October. In November I got word via the Tesla forums that there was a batch of off menu stealth performance 3's getting built. I called my sales guy and he was able to claim one for me and switch my order over!

It is visually the same as a standard dual motor, but it has the bigger motors of the performance cars. Basically you can't order one, but they randomly build them and you can buy it if you find one, kind of a weird, but I was super happy to find one. It doesn't have the big brakes, lowered suspension, and visual add on's of the standard performance, but it has track mode. It is about 5k less than the performance cars you can order. 0-60 in 3.2 and 320 miles of range.

We picked it up last night, so far it seems like the perfect mix of fast and comfy. Perfect for DDing.

I plan to remove the area wheel covers (hubcaps). They add about 5% to your driving range, so I'll keep them around if we ever take a trip in it. Window tint is first up.

We named it Toothless after the Nightfury in how to train your dragon.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/rz...Q=w924-h693-no

scheides 12-11-2019 12:42 PM

Re: Nightfury

Lmfao toofress

A//// Guy 12-11-2019 01:03 PM

Volts and amps! Nice! Naming a car, too funny! You need a witty license place for this one, seems like every tesla has one. haha

rose0529 12-11-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A//// Guy (Post 466083)
Volts and amps! Nice! Naming a car, too funny! You need a witty license place for this one, seems like every tesla has one. haha

Yeah, each Tesla has a spot where you are supposed to name them. The one we test drove was Draco Malfoy.

Halon 12-11-2019 02:30 PM

Nice. So basically same acceleration performance as andrews but without the big brakes and other things that the actual performance model comes with? That's cool, that's almost exactly what I think I'd want if I were to order one. Very cool!!

rose0529 12-11-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 466085)
Nice. So basically same acceleration performance as andrews but without the big brakes and other things that the actual performance model comes with? That's cool, that's almost exactly what I think I'd want if I were to order one. Very cool!!

Yeah, I would have ordered it to start with but it's a "secret" item which is weird.

Peformance includes:
20" Performance wheels
Performance Brakes
Carbon fiber spoiler
Lowered suspension
Aluminum alloy pedals
Increased top speed from 145mph to 162mph
Track Mode

Mine has Track mode, and the extra hp's but not the rest of the stuff listed.

asshanson 12-11-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose0529 (Post 466084)
Yeah, each Tesla has a spot where you are supposed to name them. The one we test drove was Draco Malfoy.

I did not know this. What spot?

I parked next to a tesla with "workday" as the plate today, guess they're an employee or local salesperson? kind of weird. No witty plate here. Apparently I'm a bad owner not naming my car or having a custom plate lol

scheides 12-11-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose0529 (Post 466079)
I plan to remove the area wheel covers (hubcaps). They add about 5% to your driving range, so I'll keep them around if we ever take a trip in it. Window tint is first up.

omg I didn't know this was a thing!! Googled it a bit and just wow. Can't wait to see it without those covers; I reeeeeeeaaaaaally don't care for the look of the stock wheels but if they're just covers, do it up!

rose0529 12-12-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asshanson (Post 466087)
I did not know this. What spot?

I parked next to a tesla with "workday" as the plate today, guess they're an employee or local salesperson? kind of weird. No witty plate here. Apparently I'm a bad owner not naming my car or having a custom plate lol

Funny, the guy when we test drove made sure to show us that part. haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k7WSvFoDIg

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 466088)
omg I didn't know this was a thing!! Googled it a bit and just wow. Can't wait to see it without those covers; I reeeeeeeaaaaaally don't care for the look of the stock wheels but if they're just covers, do it up!

Yeah they are ugly. The wheels under look alot better. Once it's not so f-ing cold I'll take them off haha.

asshanson 12-16-2019 11:18 PM

Saw a black 3 with aero covers off at hy vee tonight, looks good.
I had a much different buying experience, ordered over the phone with Kansas City since there are none here, and picked up at their service center in ghetto of KC, no walk through of the vehicle, just said here are the keys and showed me how the key card worked until I setup my phone as the key and that was pretty much it. Had to read the manual for everything else.

You probably already figured this out but the heater drains the battery big time, I usually have it set pretty cool, enough to keep the windows from fogging and wear gloves driving with seat heat on max in the winter, really improves range for the short commute where I don’t need cabin heat much.

A//// Guy 12-17-2019 11:30 AM

Not having heat would suck, especially for such an expensive car haha. Would just have to recharge more often I suppose.

asshanson 12-17-2019 11:50 AM

Well yea, if you don’t mind charging more, crank the heat haha. It gets warm really quick, just kills the range.

Goat Blower 12-17-2019 12:04 PM

No heat would be no bueno for me, I guess I would just charge more. That's actually the big bonus I see with these, remote start and instant heat instead of waiting for the engine temp to come up. Love that concept. I'm too busy drowning polar bears as I warm up the car for 10 minutes before I leave work. :lol:

rose0529 12-17-2019 01:05 PM

Yeah, Rachael has been driving it to work this last week, but we have just been charging at Hyvee here and there. The preheating the cabin is great with the kid. Everyone is warm and happy. When I drive it I don't care as much about heat, specially with the heated seat on.

I have the 220V outlet wired into the garage, just waiting for the electrican to come hook it into the panel. I spent about 3 hours last friday running the cable from my box to my garage, long story short, it had to go from the basement to the attic and then over to the garage. But once that's going we should be set.

Once the outlet in the garage is up and going, I'll take the aero covers off. They look much better that way.

For now, I am just enjoying the UI and how well it works, oh and how silly fast this thing is off the line. It's just a silent rocket!

asshanson 12-17-2019 03:26 PM

Haha caved and put in the 220! 110 really is useless.

turbotalon1g 12-17-2019 07:00 PM

Where are the pics? Congrats on teh new purchase!

rose0529 12-18-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asshanson (Post 466095)
Haha caved and put in the 220! 110 really is useless.

Yeah, I would have done it sooner, but I was talking to the electrician we use for work and asking how much it would cost to run a higher amp service to our house, but he said I have plenty to run the car charger so I grabbed the supplies and went for it. Figure I'm about $180 into it.

rose0529 12-18-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 466096)
Where are the pics? Congrats on teh new purchase!

Does the pic in the first post not work?

rose0529 12-23-2019 07:57 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Took the aero covers off this weekend. I really like the wheels without them on.

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachm...0&d=1577454869

Plus it shows off the "little" brakes better :)
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachm...9&d=1577454866

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachm...8&d=1577454861

I also got the 240V charger set up working this weekend. I bought the $35 adapter from Tesla for the charger that the car came with. Now I'm charging at 7-8kw, or about 28-30 miles of range an hour. I can do scheduled departure so it is charged and the cabin is warm by the time I leave in the morning.

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1577374018

asshanson 12-23-2019 04:39 PM

Two side benefits of the scheduled departure: your battery isn’t sitting a long time at a high state of charge (sitting full for a long time decreases its life), and your battery is warm when you leave, which is important for regen braking. In the winter my battery is almost always cold in the morning, so no regen.