MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   From ashes (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32381)

Trogdor 11-20-2012 04:27 PM

From ashes

As many of you know I blew a rod. It wasn't covered under warranty as they claimed it was a result of an over rev stored on the ACD. So, my choices were spend about 8.5 (including install) to have Mitsu install a new stock motor. Or, as I've decided, for just a little bit more I could have built 2.0.

I have things priced out, but I wanted to get some opinions on things where I had multiple options.

-Rebuild: Stock block/crank, wiseco 9 pistons, and MAP x beam from map. I can get the gaskets, oil pan, and oil pump at work for cheaper.

-Fuel: DW65 pump. FIC 1100's or MAP 1000's for injectors? Going E85.

-Exhaust: MAP Downpipe and Testpipe, with my existing Magnaflw cat-back.

-Turbo: Sheides has his BBX that he's looking to sell, that or looking to get an EF2. Your thoughts? I know the BBX will be capable of more power, but I'm really looking to cap out at 450, which is where the EF2 gets me. My concern is about what happens with long term maxing out of the EF2 vs. going with something that I won't be pushing the limits of.

-Clutch: Exedy stage 1 or ACT stage 1?

-Boost: Can someone please explain to me the big differences between and Grimmspeed MBCS and a 3 port?

Also any thoughts as a whole too would be appreciated.

munchgsx 11-20-2012 04:48 PM

Re: From ashes

Easiest way around the EF2 issue, EF3. :)

Shane@DBPerformance 11-20-2012 05:36 PM

To make 450awhp on my or Ron's dyno you will need bigger injectors and probably more fuel pump, you could do it on a Dynojet AWD though. Maybe a better clutch.

There is MBC and EBCS. MBC is a manual boost controller. EBCS is an electronic boost solenoid. The Grimmspeed EBCS is a 3-port.

Trogdor 11-20-2012 07:39 PM

How big to I need to go on the injectors and pump do you think?

goodhart 11-20-2012 11:43 PM

LOL you are the only person I have ever heard use the term "blew a rod".

I say EF2, Walbro 400, ACT 6 puck, hybrid 3 port/MBC boost control.

Trogdor 11-21-2012 12:00 AM

Can someone explain the benefits of Manual vs Electronic boost control?

tehehodi 11-21-2012 12:25 AM

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evom-ne...ontroller.html

goodhart 11-21-2012 01:01 AM

:google:

scheides 11-21-2012 07:25 AM

As much as I'd love to sell you my BBX your fuel system listed isn't going to cut it unless you only run it at ~22psi or something. You will need either a larger fuel pump or a BAP, maybe both. I ran a DW300 w/ BAP and FIC 1680's and it was a dandy setup with the BBX...now that the Walbro400 (E85 version) is out I'd honestly slap one of those in with a boomba rail & fuel pressure gauge and see how far it took me on stock voltage/stock feed line.

MBC is a ball and spring, reactive boost control setup. A BCS will release a pre-programmed amount duty-cycle (based on RPM and TPS) and if boost is not hitting target thresholds it will add/subtract duty-cycle. In general, a MBC will boost to a certain boost psi and then taper down a few by redline and a BCS can be programmed for a nice flat boost curve from boost onset all the way to redline.

Kracka 11-21-2012 07:47 AM

450+ Dynojet would be easy with an EF2 on E85, 500 would even be possible with the right setup.

Halon 11-21-2012 09:03 AM

My only advice is if you are only looking at making 450hp, mod smart & keep it simple. Don't over design/engineer where you don't have to.

simulatedwood 11-21-2012 09:22 AM

Since you are going to go into debt on this thing, would not recommend big horsepower's until you have the money and time to afford another engine. Like Halon said, keep it simple rebuild. Stay stock turbo on the upgraded internals, upgrade your clutch during the rebuild (saving money there on install), run on pump until you can afford to switch to e85 and slowly upgrade\mod from there.

cmspaz 11-21-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simulatedwood (Post 418740)
Since you are going to go into debt on this thing, would not recommend big horsepower's until you have the money and time to afford another engine. Like Halon said, keep it simple rebuild. Stay stock turbo on the upgraded internals, upgrade your clutch during the rebuild (saving money there on install), run on pump until you can afford to switch to e85 and slowly upgrade\mod from there.

Hate to say it, but I'm going to jump on this train. One step at a time, son. If you do it right from the get-go, it's not like you can throw any money away by stretching the build out.

A//// Guy 11-21-2012 11:40 AM

^What those two said.

TkrPerformance 11-21-2012 11:44 AM

X3 on that also

Kracka 11-21-2012 12:53 PM

My advice is to get every credit card you can find and max all those fuckers out!

;)

Trogdor 11-21-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 418755)
My advice is to get every credit card you can find and max all those fuckers out!

;)

DONE! New plan, buying a GTR on credit cards!

Trogdor 11-26-2012 03:04 PM

Order with MAP complete.

MAP 2.0 with core.
Wiseco 9 pistons
Manley H beam
MAP 2000CC injectors
Walbro 400
MAP Downpie with o2 eliminator
MAP Test pipe
MAP EF3 conversion, using existing Turbo
ETS FMIC
Competition Clutch stage 2, full organic plate (non-puck)
Grimmspeed 3 port MBCS

Going to get a couple other little things from work here since they're OEM (gaskets, oil pump/squirters, etc)

Kracka 11-26-2012 03:16 PM

2000cc injectors? 1000cc injectors will easily support an EF2 on pump, and be able to take it pretty far on E85 with a decent pump backing them up.

Trogdor 11-26-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 418963)
2000cc injectors? 1000cc injectors will easily support an EF2 on pump, and be able to take it pretty far on E85 with a decent pump backing them up.

Room to grow if I want to later on. Can always tune them down.