MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mark's 1G Winter Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29183)

turbotalon1g 10-11-2012 07:42 AM

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Nice, good luck.

Would you ever run at RFR? They have track days both days next weekend. It would be sweet to see your car for once in person.

Maybe line up with Vassil and his small turbo car?

Nate there is your race you wanted.

I can't believe how light its getting with all that stuff you have in the car.

URV8SUX 10-11-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 416117)
Nice, good luck.

Would you ever run at RFR? They have track days both days next weekend. It would be sweet to see your car for once in person.

Rock could be awesome but they don't prep more than the first 100ft and I need it to hook through 3rd other wise it will be slow!

CFR will prep the hole fucking track start to finish! "house of hook"

Yes CFR will brake you weakest link!

Race for me who wants some FWD?

Mark FYI race just got canceled. Sorry

Mark Leasure 10-11-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 416117)
Nice, good luck.

I’m going to get another week to work on the car, the plan is to go to Rockfalls next Saturday. I have yet to run 9’s there, traction was the main issue when the car would just break into 9’s. Yes it's starting to get decently light, I have more to remove too. Who else is coming on Saturday?
Blah Blah Blah small turbo, 6266 is new technology and the shit is unreal, and yes I would race him.

turbotalon1g 10-11-2012 07:08 PM

lol, i'm hoping to be there as well as tom/blackawdtsi, i think vassil maybe. I'll have to see if I can get time and parts to make it.

Be nice to see you make some passes, i'm never in the right place at the right time to see.

scheides 10-12-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Leasure (Post 416158)
Blah Blah Blah small turbo, 6266 is new technology and the shit is unreal, and yes I would race him.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

LMFAO you are such a rock star!

I cannot believe how light you've made this thing it's just sick! Good luck man keep kicki g ass

Goat Blower 10-12-2012 08:12 AM

RF on Saturday the 20th? Nice, I should be able to make this. Gotta see Mark and Vassil line up.

turbotalon1g 10-12-2012 08:19 AM

Do you use camera footage to help you set the car up?

I'm learning on how to set up the car and I feel like if I could get some footage I'd be able to see what to adjust more.

goodhart 10-12-2012 09:40 AM

Remember Saturday the 20th is the dyno day

Mark Leasure 10-15-2012 07:57 AM

Yes I remember, but racing takes priority for me!

Mark Leasure 11-13-2012 01:26 PM

Quick update. I purchased a PPG dogbox transmission, just received it yesterday. It had some shipping damage on the bell housing. I talked to Shep about the damage and ended up tig welding it back together. It had 2 cracks in it. I’m very excited to see what the talon will do with the new box. The 1-2 gear ratio is much more forgiving than the factory box and its got a taller 4th gear. The entry RPM into second gear will be much higher so I will get down the track quicker and faster than ever! I also picked up the quartermaster discs for my clutch from MAP, since the dog box has the same input spline as an Evo 8/9. What’s awesome is that the trans still has a stock syncro’d 5th gear for limited street driving!

I have myself another winter project. I plan to remove weight from the doors, wiring harness, useless brackets, trunk sheetmetal. Freshen up the cylinder head and inspect the shortblock. If anything is worn or damaged I will deal with it. I need to research my fuel system too, since my secondary 550 injectors are at almost 70% duty cycle with my primary 2150's maxed out. It eats E98, It's tough to believe I'm out of fuel pump. I run a 1800HP Fuelab and log fuel pressure.

Next summer should make for a good race season!

Goat Blower 11-13-2012 03:00 PM

Nice! Sounds like it's really going to be a monster next year.

Murlo26 11-13-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goat Blower (Post 418284)
Nice! Sounds like it's really going to be a monster next year.

You mean it wasn't before?! ;)

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see it flying down the track again!

93gtpeater 11-13-2012 03:53 PM

So mabe 8s next year?

turbotalon1g 11-13-2012 06:44 PM

Awesome, let me know if you want a hand some time or someone to stand around for moral support i'm really good at that.

I can't wait to see what difference it will make with a taller 4th

Speedfreak 11-13-2012 07:31 PM

Interested to hear your reviews of the dogbox.

Selling your old tranny? Specs?

Mark Leasure 12-03-2012 06:47 PM

I sold my AEM EMS Series 1. I purchased a series 2 ems and a 4 channel wideband O2 controller with the exhaust back pressure monitor kit. Now I can monitor each cylinders AFR and tune accordingly. Awesome!

Well I’ve determined that my fuel pump is not cutting it. On my last pass where I broke 4th gear my afr’s were going lean as RPM increased, 12.6:1, the pass before that I added fuel to my tune with no results in lower AFR’s. I’m not sure what to do. The correct way would be to use a 2400hp Weldon 2345A, but they are around 1200 bucks! I don’t want to run a mechanical pump either. I like the idea of using one fuel pump, it has a lower overall current draw as well. I called magnafuel and fuelab pump manufactures and they have no larger offering to what I’m currently running. Fuel lab recommended that I use their electronic fuel pressure regulator and another pump in parallel. I’m not sure what to do, I have a lot of time to figure it out. I’m leaning toward the Weldon, I’m sending the Fuelab pump back for an inspection then I’m more than likely selling it. If anyone is interested in a huge street friendly pump PM me.

JET 12-04-2012 08:08 AM

Are you using anything to increase the voltage like a boost-a-pump?

turbotalon1g 12-04-2012 08:17 AM

Might be a good thing that the Rev limiter was on then!

scheides 12-04-2012 08:33 AM

I was super impressed with Lomker's Weldon setup, that's the way to go I think.

You sure it's not a slosh/tank starvation thing? I know I have that problem in my X....

turbotalon1g 12-04-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 419473)
I was super impressed with Lomker's Weldon setup, that's the way to go I think.

You sure it's not a slosh/tank starvation thing? I know I have that problem in my X....

Sumped cell, so shouldn't be a problem there unless its straight up out of fuel.