MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Official MitsuStyle.com Topics (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Gun Thread (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6355)

polishmafia 10-22-2007 03:37 PM

Re: The Gun Thread

its not rape when youre begging me for it... hahaha

1QUICK4 10-29-2007 07:17 AM

Got another new piece on Sunday at Sportsman's Warehouse.

http://www.aiad.it/upload/aziende/az...a_PX4Storm.jpg

http://guns4u.info/wp-content/upload...torm_dett3.jpg

It's a Beretta PX4 storm in .40 caliber. Polymer frame and 14+1 capacity

JET 10-29-2007 01:47 PM

Very nice! I haven't found a Beretta that didn't shoot well. They have a great feel to them.

1QUICK4 10-29-2007 02:38 PM

Yeah, I used to own a Beretta 92 in 9mm and loved it.

I went there originaly to buy a Magnum Research composite subcompact in .40 to replace my High Power as my carry gun but didn't like the way it fit my hand. (hard to reach safety and slide release without using other hand) It's a shame too because I love the way my baby eagle .40 shoots and feels.

I also checked out the S&W/HK/Sig/Glock/Taurus/etc and found the PX4 to be the best fit.

rst95eclipse 11-08-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 213588)
A buddy of mine is a pretty big gun buff and bought a .40 Sigma about 8 years ago. He didn't like it much and sold it. He NEVER sells a gun, so that is saying something. He got a Taurus after that and loved it.

Any reason in particular? I'm guessing it was the pull of the trigger.

The gun feels great and I couldn't be happier with it. I haven't done the modification, but one day I'll get the reduced striker spring and ride off into the sunset.

JET 11-09-2007 12:10 AM

He got quite a few jams with it, he also didn't like the feel much. He said it felt too cheap. I didn't shoot it, so I am just going by what he said. He is a huge gun nut though, he had all the magazines at work, thought the New World Order was taking over, etc. At the time he had about 30 guns, so I was shocked that he sold one. I am not sure if they have made changes to it since then either.

Swifty1638 11-09-2007 03:13 AM

I shot my first guns ever the other day, and will perhaps be back out to shoot again this sat! I want one now! I've been keeping my eye out for a beretta 92. Don't know why, but I really like those guns. the glock/hk/browning s+w I was shooting were sure fun though! The 500 came out, and that jsut hurt my hand.

-A. Swift

rst95eclipse 11-10-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 216212)
He got quite a few jams with it, he also didn't like the feel much. He said it felt too cheap. I didn't shoot it, so I am just going by what he said. He is a huge gun nut though, he had all the magazines at work, thought the New World Order was taking over, etc. At the time he had about 30 guns, so I was shocked that he sold one. I am not sure if they have made changes to it since then either.

I haven't experienced any jams at all. The gun does seem cheap, but that's because everything but the slide and the trigger is made out of plastic. I do know that they have made a change since first coming out - do to the infringement. I believe it was in the trigger assembly, but I'm not certain. If I had the money, I would have gone with a 1911 instead.

Swifty1638 12-24-2007 11:37 PM

how much does a 92 go for anyway? Where do most buy their pieces?

-A. Swift

AaronTholey 03-03-2008 11:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a few. I go to bills about twice a month during winter...

AwdGSX13 03-27-2008 09:09 AM

im looking into buying a pistol or maybe a rifle, but being new to the gun owning what do you guys think would be a good choice?

Shotgun! 03-27-2008 02:40 PM

Could you narrow it down a bit? Pistol or rifle? What will it be used for? How much do you want to spend...I know DSMers are cheap, but how cheap do you "have" to go?

AwdGSX13 03-27-2008 02:42 PM

yeah lol I would really like a nice pistol to take to the range for leisure fun. Price range I guess is kinda open for now until i can get a good range of options.

Shotgun! 03-27-2008 04:23 PM

Well I'm sure there are a great many answers to your question but this is where I'd start: Go get your permit. Go look at SIGs. The SIG 225 or 226 are great choices. If you want a 1911 (Classic .45) then I'd say go with a Rock Island. Buy something and take a beginer class at your local range. Take time to really learn what you are doing and how your gun works. I personally get alot more out of rifle shooting, but that can become a bit more costly quickly.

AwdGSX13 03-27-2008 05:08 PM

thanks for the advice.

1QUICK4 03-27-2008 06:13 PM

Entry level pistol I'd go with a Rock Island 45 as stated or possibly baby eagle .40

95tsi 03-31-2008 03:54 PM

I just picked up a Ruger 10/22 for somthing fun and cheap to shoot. Planning on changing the stock and barrell. See what happens from there.

Shotgun! 03-31-2008 06:56 PM

^ They sure are fun. So easy to work on and mod.

sleepydsm 03-31-2008 09:41 PM

Got a dumb question, how can Bill's have automatic weapons? Is because they are old, or do you need a special permit? I've been contemplating shooting one just for fun!

1QUICK4 04-01-2008 08:49 AM

They sell to law enforcement and also it is easier to get a permit for a dealer demo full-auto because if the weapon is a dealer demo it can never be sold to the public.