MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project:No replacment for displacment. (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27349)

Speedfreak 03-25-2012 10:28 AM

Re: Project:No replacment for displacment.

Not sure what you need, but I have a bunch nitrous stuff I wouldn't mind getting rid of. If interested in checking out what I have let me know. I'll begin searching/finding what I can.

sleepydsm 04-20-2013 03:24 AM

Bumpppp

How has your car been? We should wear matching corvette jackets and join a corvette club lol

turbotalon1g 04-20-2013 07:44 AM

^You got a vette?

http://global3.memecdn.com/respect_o_702473.jpg

Pushit2.0 04-20-2013 09:21 AM

And when you own a Corvette, and you see another Corvette, you need to wave at them.

MustGoFaster 07-01-2019 11:01 PM

Yes, it is obligatory to wave at other Corvette owners. This has trailed off since 2013 though. Be friendly people!

Had no idea it's been this long since I posted anything about my C5Z. I guess there wasn't much to say since up until the last year or two the only thing I've done is buy tires and do oil changes?

2017-ish
I bought and installed used Koni shocks, custom valved by Strano Performance Parts.
Also picked up a used front anti-roll bar from the same guy. Made by Strano PP as well.

2018 - Switched to a 285/35/18 tire on all four corners. Stock C5Z 18x10.5" wheels used all around. The front bar was handy to optimize the setup, moved to the hard setting to make use of the front end grip.

2018 Competition notes: Ran the O'riles's Street Machine Summer Nationals (formerly Car Craft) Placed 1st in Auto-X, 3-4th-ish in the stop box and dead fraking last on the dyno. Tied for second, but the dyno was a double whammy, they used it as a tie breaker and no trophy for 3rd.

2019 - Well, the wheel and tire change last year bumped me into a different Autocross class, so let's go hard core?

Pulled everything apart, sent the heads out for a CNC port job. Cam, long tube headers. Maxed out the stock injectors so I picked up 44lb/hr units. Missed the dyno day I was supposed to go to, so only street tuning done as of now. Josh / Niterydr / CTS has been on point in the tune area.

Future plans?
Intake upgrades? Still has a stock LS6 manifold and throttle body. With the head/cam long tube combo this is my biggest spot for gains.

Other than that nitrous kit that's been sitting in my garage the entire time I have owned the car. Maybe I should get on that?

niterydr 07-08-2019 04:41 PM

add the nitrous :)

C3L1CA 07-09-2019 06:47 AM

Always add nitrous!

MustGoFaster 07-26-2019 10:24 PM

I participated in the O'Rielly's Street Machine Nationals, Street Machine Challenge for the second year in a row. This used to be the Car Craft Summer Nationals.

It's a 3 category competition, with 3 classes.
CLASSES
Class 1: ’55-’81 American two-wheel-drive vehicles
Class 2: ’82-and-newer American two-wheel-drive vehicles
Class 3: Viper and Corvette class

AutoX: Fastest time wins.
Stop Box: Standing start, stop in a 25' box. ~150' this year
Dyno: HP numbers.

So, in the Vette/Viper class (all C5 and C6 corvettes this year) I placed:
1st in the AutoX
4th on the dyno @ 422 RWHP (all motor!) 1st:740HP(C6ZR1) 2nd 540HP (C6Z06 H/C/LT all motor!) 3rd 505HP (Stock LS3 Supercharged).

4th in the Stop Box. The same cars that beat me on the dyno, with bigger tires beat me in the stop box.

Had a lot of fun! Enjoyed the competition and the competitors. See you guys next year!

MustGoFaster 03-22-2020 04:40 PM

Still haven't bothered with the sauce, but had my stock LS6 intake modified for a 90mm throttle body, local show TPIS did this. Should be worth another 20+hp/tq.