MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project:No replacment for displacment. (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27349)

mlomker 08-16-2010 10:09 AM

Re: Project:No replacment for displacment.

Those trailers that are half toolbox/half tire rack are nifty--one of my instructors at BIR had one. I've been having my brother drive another vehicle up each time but that won't always be possible.

Halon 08-16-2010 10:53 AM

Not sure why, but all the banter in this thread makes me smile!

Can't wait to see this thing in person someday. I'm still jealous. Wish I could afford a C5!

MustGoFaster 08-16-2010 11:08 AM

If I had a truck and a boat I don't think I would be able to afford it either!

turbotalon1g 08-16-2010 01:57 PM

Truck boat truck?

I thought you were talking about one of them hitch buddy's? It goes in the hitch and has a little stand that is like a 3x2 ft square. That with a ratchet strap should secure a set of wheels and tires and tool box.
I couldn't find it on google, sorry.

MustGoFaster 08-16-2010 02:31 PM

Nope, a small trailer, avoids extra weight on the rear suspention and provides room to bring tools and such without cramming them in the car.

turbotalon1g 08-16-2010 02:59 PM

^Nice good point/thinking

FattyBoomBatty 08-17-2010 08:09 AM

Aaron, that's what I was talking about with the dead deer rack. Truckboattruck.

MustGoFaster 08-22-2010 09:47 PM

Broke a valve spring today. Bent a push rod too (due to broken spring). Got lucky as fork and didn't bend a valve from what I can tell. Apparently breaking a spring isn't too un-common. Time for a new set.

Pushit2.0 08-22-2010 11:06 PM

That sucks, but at least its an easy fix with no bent valves.

FattyBoomBatty 08-22-2010 11:06 PM

stock replacement? the guy at schneider cams said valve springs don't last/loose their rated pressures after more than 5 years and should be replaced at that interval.

Super Bleeder!! 08-22-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyBoomBatty (Post 354648)
stock replacement? the guy at schneider cams said valve springs don't last/loose their rated pressures after more than 5 years and should be replaced at that interval.

That depends on a LOT of things; mainly the lift you're running.

Sounds like a cam shop wants people to rebuy their products every 5 years to me. What a novel concept! :)

Matt D. 08-23-2010 09:41 AM

Oh man, that's a relief! I felt sick to my stomach seeing your car being loaded on a trailer at the autocross yesterday.

turbotalon1g 08-23-2010 09:51 AM

^x2.
I was not happy about that.

Your car was up there with one of the best sounding along with the 350z, 325i, and NSX

scheides 08-23-2010 10:02 AM

Sorry dude. too much backpressure from that stock exhaust I guess :P

putting in stock springs or something with a little more seat pressure?

Kracka 08-23-2010 10:03 AM

I know the Z06 already has an upgraded valvetrain from the base 'Vette, is this common for them to fail?

MustGoFaster 08-23-2010 12:00 PM

It aprears to be a somewhat common thing. A search of "broken valve spring" on the corvette forum brough up 25 treads from this year with those words in at least a post or something. Certainly a few "Add another to the broken valve spring list" type threads.

The good news is John has located some replacments for me and we will be putting them in tonight. Just new OEM stuff. While I wouldn't gain any perforance from it, my engine is supposed to be stock, and stock stuff is readily avaiable and quite affordable.

On a side note, Hoosiers are AWSOME!!! In the three runs I made I had an absolute blast. The car does that corner thing well, and it not too shabby in a straight line either.

turbotalon1g 08-23-2010 12:06 PM

^Also sounds awesome

MustGoFaster 08-24-2010 09:38 AM

Back up and running thanks ot John and Kyle. They have spent more time working on my car than I have at this point. I owe you guys.

MustGoFaster 10-17-2010 09:14 PM

Successes! This car has turned out to be everything I ever wanted my Stealth to be! Ok, maybe a little slow in a straight line but friggen fast on an AX course. I placed 25 of 62 at SCCA Solo Nationals, Super Stock class, C5Z/C6Z/Elise/997GT3/Viper are to top cars. I also won my class in all three of the last local Autocrosses. Keep in mind I'm running XP since I couldn't get season points in any other class. I would have liked to have made it out on the cruse, but I had a great opportunity to avenge the death of my Stealth / Project AX Domination.

I also got John (Pushit2.0) out for his very first AX. With only 6 runs EVER John would have been booted from Novice (formerly know as SI), and beat the next closest person by almost a 1/2 second. Great showing John, you have driving skills, and not just for going straight! He was running XP with me though, and thus will have to get the boot next time!

Pushit2.0 10-18-2010 01:44 AM

It was fun. After my first 2 runs with you in the car, then riding with you, what a difference... With some more seat time I will learn the limits of the car, when to apply full power and how hard and fast the car can stop.

Thanks for letting me keep the tires warm.