MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   It's spring time and is you car running? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10939)

JET 04-04-2006 09:49 PM

It's spring time and is you car running?

Time for another poll!! Lets see who has a working DSM in the spring time and who will go all year without one (again for some! Right Matt D? :P ).Who is close?

slowbubblecar 04-04-2006 10:00 PM

Re: It's spring time and is you car running?

I hope to get at least one of the cars running quickly, but things never work out too well so I voted summer.

TalonFiero 04-04-2006 10:02 PM

JUST DROVE MINE! 10 minutes ago I took it for its first spin in 7 months. JET the last time it ran was on the way home from Cedar Falls last year.

I still need to take care of a few dumb things but so far so good.

blageo23 04-04-2006 10:19 PM

Hopefully in the next month or so. Last time my car was running good was around october of 04. Drove it like 4-5 times last year and every time a different problem. GHEY!
Mike

Khadgar 04-04-2006 10:29 PM

If its not done I hope it crushes me while I work on it

unreal808 04-04-2006 10:39 PM

I have been driving the laser since the first day of spring.

Swifty1638 04-04-2006 10:44 PM

I have been driving my car since i got her all put together like..3-4 weeks ago? Anyway, she's getting the tune tomorrow..so we shall see what it all is good for.

-A. Swift

Febo 04-04-2006 10:48 PM

Mine was running.... till I fried the starter hardcore style.

Speedfreak 04-04-2006 10:49 PM

I started mine back up yesturday. Unfortunately my tranny was giving me hell again. So today I bought a used tranny to get me by. But the tranny I got is a 23 spline, and I have a 22 spline transfer case.:( And I realised that as I was trying to put the transfer case on the tranny, which was already in the car.:(:( This car is killing me. One way or another, I want to be driving it this weekend.

Swifty1638 04-04-2006 10:51 PM

does this mean you'll go down to uni this weekend mo?

-A. Swift

Speedfreak 04-04-2006 10:54 PM

Thats a definite possibility.

TalonFiero 04-04-2006 11:08 PM

Mo, haven't talked to you since Cedar Falls last year, hopefully I'll run into you this weekend. If you can get a hold of a tcase it won't be too bad to get the car going. It would be nice to have more than one or two working DSMs down on Uni this year. ;)

Just racked up 18 miles on the car since I got it back together. Besides the exhaust banging on the oil pan, everything seems good so far.

Jim

Kracka 04-04-2006 11:11 PM

Not a DSM but my car is coming out of storage tomorrow. Needs nothing other than the battery put back in.

JET 04-04-2006 11:21 PM

My car fired up tonight. It was also the first time it ran since Cedar Falls last Oct. It was a little cranky at first, but it runs good now! I didn't get to take it for a spin yet. I will probably do that on Thurs.

Jakey 04-05-2006 07:42 AM

I hope to have my car up and running by June 1.

howslowcanyougo 04-05-2006 07:57 AM

Been driving Cory's old 91 Tsi with Jet's old Tranny all winter, she started up and ran VERY well through all the snow, all the time. <Thanks Cory!>

Need to do some finishing touches on the T-28 install into the 98 Tsi and get a basic tune on the DSMLINK, untill all the tranny upgrades go in.

I hope to be back on the road with the 98 this Sat night, IF <BIG IF> ALL goes as planned.

eclipseGSX108 04-05-2006 07:59 AM

Mine is running.. but (always has to be a but) 2 of my spark plugs arn't putting off a hot enough spark so I have to buy new ones after school today.:mad:

Kracka 04-05-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipseGSX108
Mine is running.. but (always has to be a but) 2 of my spark plugs arn't putting off a hot enough spark so I have to buy new ones after school today.:mad:

Its a DSM, be glad its letting you off with only a $3 fix this time ;) Replace all 4 as a set though.

eclipseGSX108 04-05-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2kracka
Its a DSM, be glad its letting you off with only a $3 fix this time ;) Replace all 4 as a set though.

deffinatly happy its not a bigger problem.. :D

Kevin 1G Drummer 04-05-2006 11:25 AM

hopefully I'll be starting to tear mine apart by the weekend to see if it's got spun bearings, or just needs balance shafts