MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Advice needed.... (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35944)

SlowWhite 03-05-2018 09:58 PM

Advice needed....

5 Attachment(s)
So some of you know my red car is at a shop having the motor rebuilt.

I also want them to put. Cage in it, my subframe bushings, diff mounts, my bobby g. suspension, sway bars and , comp work fender braces.

None of which has been started yet.

And the initial guestimate quote for prepping the car, the cage and spare tire delete. Is $3600.

I still have to pay for everything else to be taken out parts installed and then reinstalled.

So that leads me to this shell that's available with delivery. $3500

Why shouldn't I just reinstall my parts from my red car to this one since most of its coming off anyways.

Thoughts?

Kracka 03-06-2018 07:19 AM

Re: Advice needed....

My guess is a labor quote to swap EVERYTHING over to a new chassis will be quite a bit higher than your initial thoughts, but that's just my guess. BUT, it would also leave you with a bare red (stock?) chassis to sell after the fact...

SlowWhite 03-08-2018 05:59 PM

Well went ahead and made the deposit on the shell. Jusy have to finalize / find shipping down here. Spent more but got a whole lot more.

Dark2g 03-09-2018 06:22 AM

Is the guy that had the car the same size as you or how do you know you will fit in the car with how it was built? I know you were concerned before when you made a previous post in your thread.

Halon 03-09-2018 08:14 AM

Agree. You want to be sure you fit inside the cage. Don't want your helmet above the hoop. Guess you could always just mount the seat as low as possible if that's the case.

SlowWhite 03-10-2018 03:19 AM

Honestly. Not sure about his size.

BUT he already did all the mods I was going to do to my red car to try and lower the seats.. so either way if I don't fit the next step will have to be lowering the floor, or removing the sunroof and going with a carbonfiber one.

Ill cross that road once it gets here. I hate speculating stuff. I'm just to the point of taking everything one step/obsticle at a time. In the end regardless, what ever needs to get done will just get done, may take time bit that's just how it goes with modding cars.. you all know the deal.

carltalon 03-10-2018 09:45 AM

It just seams right that you will have a White car again.

SlowWhite 03-10-2018 05:50 PM

Lol it does. I wanted one from the get go and was going to at somepoint paint my car white.

This just saved me so much time and money in my eyes. And I know Steve made the comment in my red car "at least no body kit"

Well for now.. but my end goal is an AB road racing kit at some point... so that'll really be like old times..

I plan on getting a custom plate for this one.
"SLOWHT2"

Kracka 03-10-2018 10:13 PM

White is right!

SlowWhite 03-11-2018 01:38 PM

Well it's a go. Car Is Getting Picked Up Next friday. And then headed to Spartanburg the weekend after that.

Hopefully this will speed the entire process of what would have been a year of build time with my red car.
I no longer have to have the cage built, spare tire well removed and sheet metal installed, Compworks fenders braces don't need to be installed, custom seat mounts currently don't need to done as everything that's known to lower seats has been done already.

Has the brembro exo 9 brakes all around. He lowered his price on rims and tires by $400 so I bought those now as well.

Fuse box relocated to the airbag.

And best of all... its WHITE