MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   New and first bike (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35937)

dsmDolney 02-11-2018 11:20 AM

New and first bike

2 Attachment(s)
So I have finally picked up my first street bike and im pretty excited about it. Its a 2006 ninja 636 and from what I hear they are pretty decent bikes. Its my first street bike but I have been racing motocross since I was little so ive been around bikes my whole life. Just on dirt. I have riden many of my buddies street bikes and harleys and just love the feeling of rippin on the road and being open if that makes sense. Now we just wait for spring time to come around.

93gtpeater 02-12-2018 08:02 AM

Re: New and first bike

Nice bike. Where do you dirt bike at?

dsmDolney 02-12-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93gtpeater (Post 464898)
Nice bike. Where do you dirt bike at?

Been racing district 23 since about 5 yrs old. So everywere basically.

CarPsyco84 02-16-2018 03:25 PM

What division of D23, Moto, Enduro, Hare Scrambles? Just curious. I race Enduros and Hare Scrambles. 636's were solid bikes I always thought. Knew a lot of people that rode them back in the day and can't think of a thing they griped about them.

niterydr 02-17-2018 08:55 AM

Ninja's are always a good choice. I campaigned a 03 zx6rr for nearly a full season at BIR before a crash in turn 1 made me realize I was mortal and should switch back to cars.

My only two words of advise on street riding:
1) Gear all the time. Buy good gear and wear it
2) Keep your head on a swivel. Minnesota drivers do not pay attention and they are even worse around motorcycles.

Have fun.

CarPsyco84 02-18-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niterydr (Post 464905)
Ninja's are always a good choice. I campaigned a 03 zx6rr for nearly a full season at BIR before a crash in turn 1 made me realize I was mortal and should switch back to cars.

My only two words of advise on street riding:
1) Gear all the time. Buy good gear and wear it
2) Keep your head on a swivel. Minnesota drivers do not pay attention and they are even worse around motorcycles.

Have fun.

Turn 1 crash? Yikes, that gives me shudders just thinking about how ugly that could be.
Yeah, as far as driving around with the tards in the city, your right, you have to be the one paying attention. Don't let not being seen surprise you, then when you have to take the shoulder or yellow line or pile on the brakes you already had a plan.

dsmDolney 02-19-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarPsyco84 (Post 464903)
What division of D23, Moto, Enduro, Hare Scrambles? Just curious. I race Enduros and Hare Scrambles. 636's were solid bikes I always thought. Knew a lot of people that rode them back in the day and can't think of a thing they griped about them.

Moto always never did harescrambles or anything.