MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Mitsu for sale (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   E85 guys, ethanol content LCD display group buy (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17473)

merkzu 11-04-2007 12:22 AM

E85 guys, ethanol content LCD display group buy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Displays have been shipped to everyone. Here is the datasheet that describes the connections:

http://ws.wamnet.com/~gryan/CESCP-0205.pdf

I'd recommend making sure the brightness is set how you want it before you get it all buttoned up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bunch of people have asked me how I did my ethanol content LCD display. It uses a GM fuel composition sensor and a custom display a company designed and built for me. The company is in Serbia so the shipping sucks. I made a post on EvoM offering to order some more if people want them, so I'm offering it up here too. I'm not making any money on it, just helping people that want them get them..

You have to get your own GM sensor from ebay/junkyard/etc for the display to work

Here is the datasheet describing it: http://workspace.wamnet.com/~gryan/fuel%20monitor.pdf

This is it in my car:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=288793

If 5 people want them, its $152 per display + $32 shipping
If 10 people want them, its $147 per display + $19 shipping

Standard backlight color is yellow/green, can get whatever color you want for $8 more.

Just copy/paste the list with your name added if you want one

1. MalibuJack [PAID]
2. cdeutsch (red) [PAID]
3. GL4662 (red)
4. kcevo (orange) [PAID]
5. kcevo (orange) (second) [PAID]
6. hokiruu (red) [PAID]
7. hokiruu (white) (second) [PAID]
8. flmjr [PAID]
9. flmjr (second) [PAID]
10. turbotalon1g (blue) [PAID]
11. User Name
12. Halon [PAID]
13. Goat Blower [PAID]
14. Mark L. [PAID]

This is up on EvoM at http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=305253 too

edit - just a clarification -
This doesn't include a 0-5V analog output, it's just a gauge

Super Bleeder!! 11-04-2007 11:35 AM

Re: E85 guys, ethanol content LCD display group buy

This is a fantastic idea for a device. Congrats on getting it made! Hopefully these will still be available in summer?

Halon 11-04-2007 02:08 PM

Where did you put your sensor? I may be interested.

merkzu 11-04-2007 05:57 PM

I put my sensor along my fuel return line mounted in the engine bay by the vehicle info plate on the firewall. It's around the size of two packs of smokes with two metal tubes coming off the top of it to connect your fuel lines to. Thats on an Evo but I think it would be pretty easy to find a spot for it on any car.

turbotalon1g 11-04-2007 07:19 PM

What vehicles carry the sensor we would need?
I am interested in this.

merkzu 11-04-2007 07:23 PM

These are the ones I know about, any GM Flex-Fuel vehicle should have one I think. I got mine off a 2001 2.2L Sonoma
  • 2000 - 2001
    • 2.2L Chevrolet S-10 pickup 2WD
    • 2.2L Sonoma GMC pickup 2WD
    • 5.3L V-8 engine Chevy Silverado� and GMC Sierra� half-ton pickups 2WD & 4WD
    • 5.3L Vortec-engine Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon and Yukon XLs
    • 2.2L Chevrolet S-10 pickup 2WD
    • 2.2L Sonoma GMC pickup 2WD
  • 2003 - 2006
    • 5.3L V-8 engine Chevy Silverado� and GMC Sierra� half-ton pickups 2WD & 4WD
    • 5.3L Vortec-engine Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon and Yukon XLs
  • 2005 - 2006
    • 5.3L Vortec-engine Avalanche
    • 5.3L Vortec-engine Police Package Tahoe�
    • 3.5L Chevy Impala (LS, 1LT & 2LT)�
    • 3.5L Chevy Monte Carlo (LS and LT models only)�

merkzu 11-04-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Bleeder!! (Post 215477)
This is a fantastic idea for a device. Congrats on getting it made! Hopefully these will still be available in summer?

I can get them any time it's just that the shipping is really expensive if it's not split between a number of people. It's somewhere around $100 to ship just one from Serbia to the states

turbotalon1g 11-04-2007 08:07 PM

Looks like Ebay FTW, i am down for one of these.
when i see you get person #4, i will put my name down

JET 11-04-2007 09:56 PM

I would be in for one next spring.

User Name 11-05-2007 10:48 AM

I'm down if we can get 10. I don't need it that bad and every penny I'd save the better.

9guy9 11-07-2007 06:47 PM

Thats pretty cool. I would think with all the new rage around E85 you could sell the crap out of these. I may want one in spring as well.

Halon 11-08-2007 01:10 AM

Could you please post up a picture of yours mounted if you have one.

You can add my name to the list if you'd like, but I am only in if we make it to 10 people. C'mon ya bastdards, sign up!

Also, what other colors are there for the display? Do they have a simple like Black backround with red digits? Kind of like my Apexi turbo timer, and PLX wideband displays? I'd prefer that if possible because those backlit ones with black digits seem hard to read sometimes when it's really bright out.

HiImBrian 11-08-2007 01:46 AM

First off that display looks great in your car. I'm planning on going e85, but in all honesty, I wouldn't know what to do if the readings were abnormal. I mean don't you have to be able to pretty much tune your own car in order to benefit from knowing the ethanol content?

Halon 11-08-2007 01:50 AM

What are you using to tune with 98GSX? If you have some knowledge on tuning your own car, that would be very beneficial.

HiImBrian 11-08-2007 01:55 AM

dsmlink, I understand HOW to do stuff with it, like I know where to go to find different settings. But I don't know how to tune a car. I've just never been taught. I tried reading up on dsmlink.com for a while, but it was a little advanced and overwhelming for me. I'd love to learn, I just haven't found anybody that could teach me.

merkzu 11-08-2007 10:19 AM

This is it in my car

http://workspace.wamnet.com/~gryan/ethgauge2.jpg

It's really useful if you can tune your own car, when it changes I know to log the car and see if the tune needs to be brushed up before I rip on it. As I tweak the tune I save a copy and then can just load that tune up according to the display.

I think one of the things holding people back from signing up is getting a hold of a GM fuel sensor. I grabbed mine off ebay for $100 in the spring. I've seen them go for anywhere between $80 and $250 on Ebay for used/new ones. Finding a wrecked flex-fuel truck would be the best. Or if you are a baller you could just order a new one from gmpartsdirect.com for $360.

I also have a signal converter on mine that outputs a 0-5V analog signal, hoping to get that working with a hacked Evo9 ecu rom to alter boost/fuel/timing based on the Eth % like the new Saab turbos do. I can get the signal converter boxes too, they are $120ish

turbotalon1g 11-08-2007 10:24 AM

I am in the same boat as B-man. 10 and i am in.

User Name 11-08-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 216042)
Could you please post up a picture of yours mounted if you have one.

You can add my name to the list if you'd like, but I am only in if we make it to 10 people. C'mon ya bastdards, sign up!

Also, what other colors are there for the display? Do they have a simple like Black backround with red digits? Kind of like my Apexi turbo timer, and PLX wideband displays? I'd prefer that if possible because those backlit ones with black digits seem hard to read sometimes when it's really bright out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by User Name (Post 215578)
I'm down if we can get 10. I don't need it that bad and every penny I'd save the better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 216083)
I am in the same boat as B-man. 10 and i am in.

3 for that one.

Shane@DBPerformance 11-08-2007 04:02 PM

If some one can get me a sensor for $100, I will take one.

Goat Blower 11-08-2007 10:52 PM

Me too.