MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project Corvette (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35204)

A//// Guy 08-16-2016 08:23 AM

Re: Project Corvette

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 461889)
If nothing is wrong and it's just how it is, would you think about running a smaller pulley?

Not sure if I would do that but possibly if all checks out next year, or I could have it tuned without the restrictor or get a different sized restrictor to open up boost a couple psi.

Got the front plate remounted and started working on the fender vents, will have to refine that later on with something sturdier than window screen.

Hopefully will drop it off to get the speedo checked out tomorrow.

Kracka 08-16-2016 09:06 AM

Before going the pulley down route, look into either removing the restrictor, or getting a different sized one, since that would free up some efficiency in the setup. The fact your boost is tapering off, with a centrifugal, tells me right away that you have too large of an intake restriction.

A//// Guy 08-16-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 461894)
Before going the pulley down route, look into either removing the restrictor, or getting a different sized one, since that would free up some efficiency in the setup. The fact your boost is tapering off, with a centrifugal, tells me right away that you have too large of an intake restriction.

Exactly what Im thinking too on such a large motor, that is probably why the SC doesnt make power to redline, if there are no boost leaks or belt slips. Still havent heard back from East Coast supercharging yet on their thoughts but ill update when I get more info! They did state that this supercharger should be able to support 1k hp, so not really sure if my theory is correct.

A//// Guy 02-02-2017 04:49 PM

I should probably update this. Getting a bit of spring fever coming on, since its already February!

Ended up detailing the car in the fall and made it to the last Cars and Coffee in October, looked a lot better than before.

http://i63.tinypic.com/25gx7ic.jpg

In late October I finally had CJ Tunes in St. Paul tune the car and dyno it on 93 pump with the restrictor removed It made 9PSI vs. 4PSI and a slipping belt when it was broken in on the dyno at DRM (504whp). CJ's tune was far superior, car ran like butter on the way home and he fixed various issues he found. Results from CJ: 715whp/669wtq. Amazing!

Unfortunately the alternator died while on the dyno and I ended up just limping it home after picking it up from him. Waited 2 weeks for a new alternator and it came damaged, so I had to reorder. By the time I received another one, it was the end of November and the car was in storage mode with the alternator removed.

Plans for spring:
Replace alternator and keep putting break in miles on it.
Replace the crappy invo rear tires with something a bit stickier.
Possibly get a front lip and side skirts
Detail it once again

Cant wait to start it back up again. It was a beast with 500whp... cant wait to feel the difference.

http://i64.tinypic.com/egoo6r.jpg

niterydr 02-02-2017 07:13 PM

WOW! Why the short pull 008? Just a power pull after it cooled down?

Powerband is flat, I bet it is a handful and a hoot to drive when you get to this spring!

turbotalon1g 02-02-2017 08:28 PM

fuuuccccc that's some sick power.

Goat Blower 02-02-2017 09:55 PM

Nice! Good timing too, I'm watching a Novi supercharged C6ZO6 on Smoking Tire right now. I better go work on my car a bit before I start thinking about Vettes again. :D

asshanson 02-02-2017 11:31 PM

YeAaa! Just imagine maxing out that little Paxton on some good fuel... but I'm sure you'll have enough traction problems now even with drag radials haha. Very nice comeback for this vette!

Oh and das noble wants a race. Some day. You will guarantee take off after 100mph

Goat Blower 02-03-2017 08:26 AM

:pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::cheer::cheer:

A//// Guy 02-03-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niterydr (Post 462947)
WOW! Why the short pull 008? Just a power pull after it cooled down?

Powerband is flat, I bet it is a handful and a hoot to drive when you get to this spring!

He ended up tuning on the dyno because he couldn't get the car to hook on street under 100mph. So he did a few pulls on the dyno, the #2 run was basically a baseline. Im not sure why he didnt make a full pull, and I really wish he logged boost and AF. Maybe I can contant MAP where he had it done and see if they saved the full logs.

I dont plan to do anything else, more than content with the outcome of this project haha. Just a couple visual mods and cruisin time!

Halon 02-03-2017 08:28 AM

For some reason I didn't realize you had hit those numbers on pump. That's incredible man, very cool! Good spring plans too, not too overwhelming so you should be able to enjoy it!

Murlo26 02-03-2017 08:31 AM

Sounds like Knoxville's experience with Carl on his G8. Had driveability issues and especially tranny nonsense but took it to Carl and got it straightened out and it drove awesome afterwards. Seems like Carl knows his shit on GM's.

Very nice results bud, looks like a beast!

1ViciousGSX 02-03-2017 08:38 AM

Should be a fun drive.

Kracka 02-03-2017 08:44 AM

That is an incredible amount of power on pump gas for a street car! Very impressive. That is going to be mean beast this spring when you get it out.

A//// Guy 02-03-2017 08:44 AM

Thanks guys! Carl also fixed the Speedometer which wasnt working after I got the car running. There was a wiring issue he traced from the ECM to the dash. Great guy to work with, very experienced and communicates really well.

Forgot about a couple other things I did. Ricer in me had to promote the new engine haha. It wont be getting any other stickers though.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2rhvjex.jpg

Also got a ProSport Boost gauge and vent pod installed. Fitment was pretty crappy so I had to file it down a lot before install. Looks good enough though.

http://i66.tinypic.com/14mgqo7.jpg

Kracka 02-03-2017 08:47 AM

I really like the C6's gauge setup; exactly as a sports cars should be with all the essentials laid out nicely.

A//// Guy 02-03-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 462960)
I really like the C6's gauge setup; exactly as a sports cars should be with all the essentials laid out nicely.

I really like the layout as well, simple, clean and exactly what is needed! Stereo in this car could use some work but thats not a big deal haha.

Kracka 02-03-2017 09:37 AM

At least it has the optional navi already! Corvette stereos always have, and always will, suck. The Bose systems are just garbage in them which is odd because the Bose in the Volt is pretty decent. The Bose in the GTR is mediocre at best.

93gtpeater 02-03-2017 09:45 AM

Great numbers on pump gas. Get some sticky tires and put a hurting on some mustangs.

Why did you use the stroker crank?

A//// Guy 02-03-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 462962)
At least it has the optional navi already! Corvette stereos always have, and always will, suck. The Bose systems are just garbage in them which is odd because the Bose in the Volt is pretty decent. The Bose in the GTR is mediocre at best.

Yea the Bose in my Terrain sounds pretty good, same in my old audi. Bose are hit are miss for sure. I think they just slap a badge on and call it good lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93gtpeater (Post 462964)
Great numbers on pump gas. Get some sticky tires and put a hurting on some mustangs.

Why did you use the stroker crank?

Stroker motor came with the car because it used to be NA. I was hoping to salvage most of the old engine but the block was badly damaged and I didnt want to attempt to resleeve and fix it. I was looking at different cranks so I could stick with a 6.2 liter. That would have tacked on another grand to the motor build when the stroker crank ended up polishing out and being okay.

I still have to post up the old block, cam and clutch/flywheel on craigslist and get rid of that stuff. Anyone want it for a project? lol