MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NHRA goes after Street Outlaws (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34942)

1ViciousGSX 02-18-2015 07:48 AM

NHRA goes after Street Outlaws

1 Attachment(s)
I guess when you're ratings are tanking due to poor schedualing contracts with ESPN, you gotta go after the guys who's ratings are 4 times higher than yours.

NHRA sent these letters out to all NHRA licensed drivers involved with the Street Outlaws show as a threat to lose their NHRA licenses. That includes most of the fastest cars on Street Outlaws.
:score001:

turbotalon1g 02-18-2015 07:50 AM

Re: NHRA goes after Street Outlaws

Saw this all over fb.

Be interesting to see how it works out

1ViciousGSX 02-18-2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 452997)

Be interesting to see how it works out

If you're a hard core street racer, what you need that license for anyways, LoL.

But, if you want to participate in sanctioned events, it might matter,.....

One things for sure, it will get Street Outlaws more fans in the long run. The only bad publicity is your obituary.

Goat Blower 02-18-2015 08:42 AM

Sounds like a publicity stunt for the NHRA. Street Outlaws is hardly illegal street racing, it's all done on some private road the producers have blocked off. Do you really have big flood lights set up on some regular road somewhere? The only thing illegal is some of the test hits, and even those are obviously set up by the show.

polishmafia 02-18-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goat Blower (Post 453002)
Sounds like a publicity stunt for the NHRA. Street Outlaws is hardly illegal street racing, it's all done on some private road the producers have blocked off. Do you really have big flood lights set up on some regular road somewhere? The only thing illegal is some of the test hits, and even those are obviously set up by the show.

This is the reason why I stopped watching this show after the first couple of episodes. It is so staged, its comical.

But, I can see where the NHRA is coming from, because most people are dumb. Most people see this show as actual "real" street racing. And that is sad and unfortunate.

awd-drifter 02-18-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

^^this.

I watched a clip and noticed the lights and different cameras. I'm almost sure some of them (scenes) are probably scripted too. Pretty interesting to see as I've seen some of this float on facebook also.

C3L1CA 02-18-2015 09:11 AM

Even if it is staged and the road closed off, I love to watch it. Those cars are pretty fuckin quick be it on a closed off street or on the track

1ViciousGSX 02-18-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by polishmafia (Post 453003)
This is the reason why I stopped watching this show after the first couple of episodes. It is so staged, its comical.

But, I can see where the NHRA is coming from, because most people are dumb. Most people see this show as actual "real" street racing. And that is sad and unfortunate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awd-drifter (Post 453004)
^^this.

I watched a clip and noticed the lights and different cameras. I'm almost sure some of them (scenes) are probably scripted too. Pretty interesting to see as I've seen some of this float on facebook also.

It's definitely staged and regulated, no major network is gonna risk the lawsuits if a bystander got hurt. The cars are real and they are raced on streets,...

But if you like fast cars and headsup racing, its a fun show to watch. Just take it for what it is and don't over think it.

1ViciousGSX 02-18-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3L1CA (Post 453006)
Even if it is staged and the road closed off, I love to watch it. Those cars are pretty fuckin quick be it on a closed off street or on the track

+1

awd-drifter 02-18-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX (Post 453007)
It's definitely staged and regulated, no major network is gonna risk the lawsuits if a bystander got hurt. The cars are real and they are raced on streets,...

But if you like fast cars and headsup racing, its a fun show to watch. Just take it for what it is and don't over think it.

Yep. It is a entertaining show that I'd watch.

polishmafia 02-18-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX (Post 453007)

I get what you are saying, but why promote the show as real, illegal street racing? The only show more fake than this is Amish Mafia.

1ViciousGSX 02-18-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polishmafia (Post 453010)
I get what you are saying, but why promote the show as real, illegal street racing? The only show more fake than this is Amish Mafia.

There are two sides of the street racing they do, what we see on TV and what they do outside of it. I read an interview with Justin (Big Chief) recently where he said they do all the stuff necessary to protect the show and those involved, but they still do street racing outside of that which is illegal for big money because the call outs are always coming in.

Here's the interview. It's a good read.
http://dragillustrated.com/street-ou...rer-tells-all/

turbotalon1g 02-18-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3L1CA (Post 453006)

This.

jeremy1375 02-18-2015 12:14 PM

+1 for awesome show.

Goat Blower 02-18-2015 12:32 PM

I still watch it and like it because the cars are cool, just like I watch Top Gear USA for the cars and shenanigans, obviously that's completely scripted as well.

I have noticed that the cars have gotten much faster on SO with all the money and sponsorship pouring in. Most of them now switched from nitrous to turbos. I'd like to see Shep pull out the 1G and have a run at the list. :D

AwdGSX13 02-18-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goat Blower (Post 453029)
I still watch it and like it because the cars are cool, just like I watch Top Gear USA for the cars and shenanigans, obviously that's completely scripted as well.

I have noticed that the cars have gotten much faster on SO with all the money and sponsorship pouring in. Most of them now switched from nitrous to turbos. I'd like to see Shep pull out the 1G and have a run at the list. :D

+1 for shep doing some work with his 1g!

cmspaz 02-18-2015 01:31 PM

There was a push on FB a while back to get The Red Demon (Boostin's 2G) on the show, we'll see if anything comes of that.

C3L1CA 02-18-2015 01:35 PM

^That'd be saweet!

1ViciousGSX 02-18-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goat Blower (Post 453029)

Or Rau's 2G, that would be the sit!! :shocked:

jeremy1375 02-18-2015 02:36 PM

Seems like a person willing to talk enough shit to Farmtruck and AZN could get their dsm on the show. A guy that seemed like a total ass got on with a Supra a couple shows ago by posting on their fb. I'm going to try it if the show is still on the air when I get mine running...